Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated] Hollande is new President of France

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Government contemplates introducing 'Cinderella' law

Old 31-03-2014, 12:02   #1
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Government contemplates introducing 'Cinderella' law

Quote:
The government is considering whether to introduce a new offence of emotional cruelty to children, it has been confirmed.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26814427

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure any non physical child cruelty serious enough to warrant Police involvement is already covered by several pieces of legislation.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2014, 15:09   #2
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Government contemplates introducing 'Cinderella' law

I heard someone on the radio (an expert presumably?) explaining that, IIRC, the sort of thing covered by the new law would be say a man who forced a child to watch the abuse of his partner. If I understood him correctly, currently any legal action would be limited to that resulting from the assault on the woman not the harm psychological harm done to the child.

Does that make sense?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 19:11   #3
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: Government contemplates introducing 'Cinderella' law

Emotional cruelty sounds like when you say no you can't have another Xbox game just because Reece's mum and dad have bought him it. it doesn't mean I have to keep buying you the same. and I don't care if you tell your dad that I'm being nasty to you! you can tell him that he doesn't even want you over the holidays! I've got you again!

and get your feet of the bloody sofa. I'm not gonna tell you again!
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote