Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WTF is up with my connection?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Bug that allows you to upgrade now..

Old 14-03-2012, 21:53   #1
AaronCooper
Inactive

AaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enough
Bug that allows you to upgrade now..

Hey guys, i was speaking to my brother about how his upgrade is coming along (He's on 20mb so he gets the early upgrade option) and how it sucks i cant upgrade mine yet as i'm on 30mb. Then he sent me the link from his 'upgrade' button and it allowed me to upgrade my account.

I mean it works but i don't know what the rules are on this type of thing, i don't want to get in trouble for upgrading a few months earlier lol well i will see what happens, i was half expecting an error message to pop up.

If i can get in contact with someone from virgin, i will ask them if its ok to share the link or not. Don't want to post it now incase everyone else gets in trouble too.
AaronCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-03-2012, 21:56   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Bug that allows you to upgrade now..

I'm not sure why you'd get in trouble for clicking a button on their website to get something they said they'd give you...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 21:58   #3
AaronCooper
Inactive

AaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enough

My brother gave me the link to upgrade, i didn't have it available on myvirginmedia.
Old 14-03-2012, 22:17   #4
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Do you still have this link .

EDIT just read your post.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 22:21   #5
AaronCooper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
Do you still have this link .
Don't think i will be allowed to post it mate, it works similar to buying something. It puts 60mb on your account at £0.00. If i gave you the link it would upgrade you from 10mb to 60mb for free. This is why i think i need to contact virgin because this could be abusable.

I tried it and i may get in trouble, that's life though. I'm due 60mb though so it's only speeding up the process if it does work.
Old 14-03-2012, 22:24   #6
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

has it actually worked tho, I mean has your config changed.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 22:26   #7
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronCooper View Post
Don't think i will be allowed to post it mate, it works similar to buying something. It puts 60mb on your account at £0.00. If i gave you the link it would upgrade you from 10mb to 60mb for free. This is why i think i need to contact virgin because this could be abusable.

I tried it and i may get in trouble, that's life though. I'm due 60mb though so it's only speeding up the process if it does work.
While VM may well be a little upset at you publishing it, it's worth pointing out that the systems that run their website, and online upgrade system are quite capable of checking what you are entitled to on your account.

When I upgraded to 50 meg, the option to have 6 months free spotify premium didn't appear on my "MyVirginMedia" page until I phoned up to complain and they put it on my account.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 22:34   #8
AaronCooper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
While VM may well be a little upset at you publishing it, it's worth pointing out that the systems that run their website, and online upgrade system are quite capable of checking what you are entitled to on your account.

When I upgraded to 50 meg, the option to have 6 months free spotify premium didn't appear on my "MyVirginMedia" page until I phoned up to complain and they put it on my account.
I haven't published anything? Apart from that there is a bug as i know virgin staff visit this website frequently. I also messaged someone on VM forums too.

If it doesn't work that's fine, if it does work and i've let them know earlier they have more chance to change it. Some a##hole could have easily made a youtube video and telling everyone how to do it.

Also chrys, do i need to restart my superhub to check? 9PM is past working hours isn't it so i didn't expect it to be on right now.

Ps, Have you seen the cost of calling them? Forget that! :P
Old 14-03-2012, 22:45   #9
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

when you click the upgrade button what happens, does it auto reconfig your account numbers or do you have to type in your details to confirm?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 22:47   #10
AaronCooper
Inactive

It's a short form to confirm your details.
Old 14-03-2012, 22:54   #11
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Once you get confirmation PM me haha.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 22:58   #12
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 22:59   #13
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

You cannot upgrade to 30Mb unless you have a Superhub or a VMNG300 modem because if you have any other modem you would lose your connection.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Exactly.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 23:00   #14
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

ye not posting the link will save those checking over details rejecting a whole load of submittions. the VM employees will match details submitted via the link to the go ahead list they have. if there isnt a match you wont get a double/triple config sent... well thats what should happen. what will happen in VMs world is anyones guess.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 23:01   #15
AaronCooper
Inactive

Quote:
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for sending me a Pm on this matter, and I will pass it along to Mark Wilco and others involved who needs to know about this and fix it.

Thanks for being part of our community!

Lisa
Community Moderator
They seem to be nice about it, glad i didn't post it now.