Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 30-09-2011, 21:37   #31
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Keys should stick to football not impressed with his debut.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2011, 21:48   #32
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I've managed to find a stream online. Keys does seem a little out of his comfort zone. Steve Bunce is trying his best to pull him through his boxing debut. So far it's not too bad. SKY do it slicker however it's only Box Nations 1st night so I'll give them 7 out of 10 so far.

Can we post links to streams here for others to watch? The channel is free anyway so I don't think it'll be considered too naughty? The official link on their own website doesn't work and the channel isn't on Virgin. Alternatively if you want to watch the show, send me a PM and I'll send you the link. I reckon we are about 30 mins away from the main event.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 22:04   #33
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Well spotted! Looks like the dream of getting Box Nation is back on
Don't get your hopes up too high Chad.

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Quote:
Well he is not that good even at Football MM.
Old 30-09-2011, 22:07   #34
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Don't get your hopes up too high Chad.
I've really got little hope these days. I've got a feeling Box Nation will go the same way as Premier Sports.

I've made up my mind that whilst catch-up TV and on demand is great, ultimately there is better programmes out there and they are on SKY. Unless Box Nation launches on Virgin at least 5 days before Bellew Vs. Cleverly I'm off.

For too long I've gave Virgin the benefit of the doubt, and been their apologist, however there comes a time when you need to give yourself a shake and realise that as a Virgin customer you will never ever get access to everything that you want to watch. I actually feel like a bit of a dumb ass for seriously believing Box Nation would have launched by today.

Virgin will blame Box Nation, Box Nation will blame Virgin and caught in the middle is the customer. I'm sick and tired going through this nonsense almost everytime a new channel or HD channel launches in the UK. Will we get it, won't we get it, it's launched on SKY, Virgin say nothing....
Old 30-09-2011, 22:11   #35
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

In the light of them sports listings I can see Box Nation launching on VM.
Old 30-09-2011, 22:15   #36
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
You can always rely on the great master being forever the optimist.
Old 30-09-2011, 22:22   #37
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I truly hope so. Forget all the crazy B.S. I've been posting in the last 36 hours about expecting free TiVo. If Virgin launch Box Nation, SKY Anytime and all those various HD channels I'll willingly pay to enter into a new 18 month agreement for TiVo 1Tb. I'll need it to record all that boxing and HD goodness. Ultimately it's Box Nation that will swing everything for me. People might think I sound crazy jumping to SKY over a single TV channel, but hey that's how passionate I am about boxing. Boxing is the only programme I watch live, each and every week without fail, as it's broadcast on TV. I'm happy to miss football and happy to record other programmes to what when I like but boxing is my number 1.

Judging from various other forums and threads other "mental" boxing fans are preparing to jump ship too.
Old 30-09-2011, 22:52   #38
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I truly hope so. Forget all the crazy B.S. I've been posting in the last 36 hours about expecting free TiVo. If Virgin launch Box Nation, SKY Anytime and all those various HD channels I'll willingly pay to enter into a new 18 month agreement for TiVo 1Tb. I'll need it to record all that boxing and HD goodness. Ultimately it's Box Nation that will swing everything for me. People might think I sound crazy jumping to SKY over a single TV channel, but hey that's how passionate I am about boxing. Boxing is the only programme I watch live, each and every week without fail, as it's broadcast on TV. I'm happy to miss football and happy to record other programmes to what when I like but boxing is my number 1.

Judging from various other forums and threads other "mental" boxing fans are preparing to jump ship too.
I think you'll be happy as the UKTV HD , Sky Movies Classic and Anytime are arriving and I believe VM will do a deal to get Box Nation.
Old 30-09-2011, 22:57   #39
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I think you'll be happy as the UKTV HD , Sky Movies Classic and Anytime are arriving and I believe VM will do a deal to get Box Nation.
and maybe ITV 2,3,4 HD in november
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 23:02   #40
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
The more HD the better! I don't think you'll find anyone who would disagree. Keep us posted over at the Coming Soon thread with any updates or insights you receive.
Old 30-09-2011, 23:38   #41
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Massive fight respect to Walsh and Appleby.
Old 30-09-2011, 23:42   #42
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Massive fight respect to Walsh and Appleby.
A real great show by both fighters. They gave it all. A real contender for British fight of the year.

A super opening night by Box Nation, enjoyed by virtually zero Virgin customers It's a shame and disgrace that 4 million Virgin TV customers didn't get the chance to see this.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:46   #43
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Well lets get October over first.

---------- Post added at 06:46 ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 ----------

Quote:
A real great show by both fighters. They gave it all. A real contender for British fight of the year.

A super opening night by Box Nation, enjoyed by virtually zero Virgin customers It's a shame and disgrace that 4 million Virgin TV customers didn't get the chance to see this.
Yes l agree but then thats Virgin for you sometimes.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:00   #44
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It's a shame and disgrace that 4 million Virgin TV customers didn't get the chance to see this.
Except to be fair it wouldn't have been 4 million would it. Not every single Virgin customer (or Sky customer for that matter) would have been watching it
Old 01-10-2011, 12:41   #45
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I like to watch boxing, and wrestling etc, but there is no gurrantee that it will come to VM.
All you will get is 'faked' American crap, but when l was a kid, you would get British wrestling at its best, so we could get a channel for that.

BUT, if VM are expecting Box Nation to come soon, they will have a long time waiting for it.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote