Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Congratulations...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Congratulations...

Old 13-08-2010, 23:08   #16
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Congratulations.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
Which doesn't work for most companies as these don't care (as in the case of pure debt solutions) or are abroad so are not covered by ofcom rules
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-08-2010, 23:14   #17
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Which doesn't work for most companies as these don't care (as in the case of pure debt solutions) or are abroad so are not covered by ofcom rules
Quote:
13. Will registering on the TPS stop unsolicited sales and marketing calls from overseas?
Quote:
Companies based abroad who call into the UK and who are making calls on behalf of a UK based company, must comply with UK regulations
and screen their call lists against TPS before making an unsolicited sales and marketing call to a UK telephone number. We do make the file available to overseas based companies under licence for the purpose of suppression so they know whom not to telephone but many overseas companies who telephone the UK on their own account from overseas do so to avoid legal and self regulatory restrictions. We would advise caution in responding to unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls from overseas especially if they are asking you to send them money or using a premium rate phone line (numbers beginning with 09). If you are receiving unsolicited sales and marketing calls from overseas you should contact the overseas company who is making the call.
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 23:28   #18
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

I used to get a couple of these every week, but things have gone very quiet after registering with the TPS (allowing for a 'training period' of a month or two). Reading this thread just reminded me of how annoying these call were and made me realise that it's been ages since I had one.

:touchwood:
Old 14-08-2010, 00:32   #19
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

and as far as them debt collectors go just refuse to answer the security questions. they can not talk to you about anything with out you confirming your details.

"I'm unable to answer any data questions, as I have and will never discussed my personal affairs on the telephone due to security. I therefore only conduct my financial affairs in writing, so that both parties have a written and tangible record of activity in the matter. So if you can send me a letter, I will of course respond to you. Thank you for your call ... Goodbye". All said nice and polite
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 10:17   #20
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
13. Will registering on the TPS stop unsolicited sales and marketing calls from overseas?
Quote:
Companies based abroad who call into the UK and who are making calls on behalf of a UK based company, must comply with UK regulations
and screen their call lists against TPS before making an unsolicited sales and marketing call to a UK telephone number. We do make the file available to overseas based companies under licence for the purpose of suppression so they know whom not to telephone but many overseas companies who telephone the UK on their own account from overseas do so to avoid legal and self regulatory restrictions. We would advise caution in responding to unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls from overseas especially if they are asking you to send them money or using a premium rate phone line (numbers beginning with 09). If you are receiving unsolicited sales and marketing calls from overseas you should contact the overseas company who is making the call.
And what powers does ofcom have in stopping the overseas calls.... NON...

My home phone and business phone have been on TPS for many a year and yes it has stopped about 50% of the calls but even after many complaints to ofcom there are (and I'll repeat myself) "Companies who don't care"
Old 14-08-2010, 14:06   #21
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
My home phone and business phone have been on TPS for many a year and yes it has stopped about 50% of the calls...
My experience with TPS is completely opposite to yours - registered many years ago and have had none of the crap calls since. Even with your situation, 50% less crap calls is better than before you registered. I'd advise anyone who gets these calls to their personal numbers, and doesn't want to receive them, to register on TPS. http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 14:09   #22
Kymmy
Inactive

I never said TPS wasn't worth it, just that there are a lot of companies who either don't care or outside of the ofcom catchment area.. If your number gets on one of their lists then you will get calls

Pity there's not a spam filter style system where you can add their number (hidden or not) to your block list