Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ryanair Censured

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Ryanair Censured

Old 07-03-2012, 01:54   #1
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Ryanair Censured

They really are the lowest of the low...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17274930
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2012, 02:12   #2
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Ryanair Censured

To be fair:-
BBC news website from 22nd Nov 2011
Quote:
Shares in Thomas Cook have closed down 75% after it announced it was in talks with banks about increasing the amount of money it can borrow.
Quote:
However, people who have only booked a flight with the company will not be covered by the Atol scheme and are advised to buy suitable travel insurance.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:20   #3
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
They really are the lowest of the low...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17274930
I will NEVER fly with Ryanair even if they were the only airline left. I know they have rules set for them as far as there maintenance goes, but they just do not give me that feeling of trust due to there rabid costs cutting.

Plus i hate that idiot owner

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:45   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I will NEVER fly with Ryanair even if they were the only airline left. I know they have rules set for them as far as there maintenance goes, but they just do not give me that feeling of trust due to there rabid costs cutting.

Plus i hate that idiot owner
l share exactly the same thoughts Sirius.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:40   #5
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

I do like Ryanair's advertising.

My fave being...

gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:57   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The thing that really annoys me about this, is Ryanair know exactly what they are doing.

They run an advert, which then gets complained about, and when the ASA rules against it (which is after the offer has usually finished anyway), the adverts are usually quoted and/or reprinted in the 'Ryanair ad banned' news articles so they then get free advertising space

And then they do it all over again
Old 07-03-2012, 11:05   #7
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Im my opinon, Ryanair is a bad airline with a bad service, I will happy (except for its employees) when the airlies goes bust!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 13:00   #8
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Im my opinon, Ryanair is a bad airline with a bad service, I will happy (except for its employees) when the airlies goes bust!
OMG i agree with something you said

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 13:13   #9
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
How about we don't wish for the airline to go bust ,how about we wish for a different owner with a better business model thus saving jobs and tax revenue

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Quote:
careful now ,you'll end causing the Universe to collapse into a *"Alan Fry hole"*

*i discovered it so i get to name it
Old 07-03-2012, 13:53   #10
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes for once l have to agree with Sir Alan.
Old 07-03-2012, 14:58   #11
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I agree about RyanAir being a bad airline, and they aren't always as cheap as they make out. For instance, a couple of years back, I went to Turkey for a friend's wedding. I didn't need accomodation, as the bride and groom had basically hired a local hotel, and it being a wedding, the bride and groom wanted to ensure that as many people as possible could make it, so they gave us plenty of notice. I did look at various airlines, but I actually found that if I added in a return fare, taxes and on board drinks, meals etc (assuming you want these) and transport between the airport and my destination, then travelling with Ryan Air (or, I think, Easyjet) was not actually much cheaper than Turkish Airlines. Ryan air was a few pounds cheaper, but I thought the advantages (food, drink, a good selection of TV shows, radio and movies on the In Flight Entertainment system and the fact that the Airport I was landing at was in Istanbul and not 30 mile drive away) far outweighed the costs.

However, unless Ryan Air really mess up their business model, or a major disaster happens (for the impact of this, look at how Lockerbie impacted Pan Am, they ceased operations shortly after), I doubt Ryan Air is going to fold any time soon.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 23:04   #12
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Ryanair are the airline in the world with the most planes in their company.
Look at the amunt of hubs they have around Europe. They are financially rolling in it.
They have never had any fatal acccidents and although you may hate the boss of the company, he obviously knows how to make money and has made a hell of a lot of it.

Sure, his staff are often not English and you can end up paying a big fare but honestly, who believes they can get somewhere for 99p?
Be realistic and pay the fare that covers the flight, fuel, etc.
Do you really need a big meal on a short flight? No, dont think so. No frills means from A to B and it has always done that, on time.

The only thing I have against Ryanair but also many other companies is their credit card booking fees.

I've flown Ryanair many times and will continue to do so.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 23:10   #13
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Look at the amunt of hubs they have around Europe. They are financially rolling in it.
They have never had any fatal acccidents and although you may hate the boss of the company, he obviously knows how to make money and has made a hell of a lot of it.

Sure, his staff are often not English and you can end up paying a big fare but honestly, who believes they can get somewhere for 99p?
Do you really need a big meal on a short flight? No, dont think so. No frills means from A to B and it has always done that, on time.

The only thing I have against Ryanair but also many other companies is their credit card booking fees.

Well said.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 23:32   #14
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

They are not the biggest airline in the world, that would be Delta and United. Also their service is bad, their luggage allowance is bad and they are not good value for money and I am sorry, you cannot get a flight for 99p, because you have are not including taxes, extras and fees
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 23:54   #15
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Alan, you are indeed right, they are not the biggest airline in the world but they sure have a hell of a presence at airports accross Europe.

If their service was truly that bad, they would not have flights that are nearly always full, routes that are expanding, and be making money which they obviously are.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote