Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TUF 15

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Tivo Auto Record.

Old 14-04-2012, 22:44   #1
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie
Tivo Auto Record.

I have found out how to delete the programs that the Tivo Box has selected to record automatically, but it seems to keep selecting that type of programs?

Is there any other way of stopping this from happening?
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2012, 22:56   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Tivo Auto Record.

Before you delete it, give it a thumbs down or two.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 12:33   #3
gumpy321
Inactive

Services: V.I.P 50
gumpy321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgie View Post
I have found out how to delete the programs that the Tivo Box has selected to record automatically, but it seems to keep selecting that type of programs?

Is there any other way of stopping this from happening?
Yes there is. You have to go into settings --> Recording --> Suggestions and go to "No, don't record suggestions".

That should do the trick.
gumpy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 13:00   #4
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgie View Post
I have found out how to delete the programs that the Tivo Box has selected to record automatically...
Erm... Surely it's the same way as any other programme; press DELETE
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 17:14   #5
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough

I think you two are both reading his question wrong.

He wants to know, how to stop TiVo from continuing to record, say Eastenders and/or Coronation street despite him not want it too. he may still want it to record episodes of programmes like Gardeners world but not soaps.

The suggestion, Rob gave, about giving programmes it records a few thumbs down the best solution as it will finally learn you don't like it and not record it again.
gaz2810i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 19:38   #6
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Good advice to give a program a thumbs down if you actually don't like it, but not if it's solely to stop it recording because then you'll give it a false impression of what you do and don't like. The best advice is that it won't take up space so ignore it. I don't delete any suggestions, personally.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 19:45   #7
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Good advice to give a program a thumbs down if you actually don't like it, but not if it's solely to stop it recording because then you'll give it a false impression of what you do and don't like. The best advice is that it won't take up space so ignore it. I don't delete any suggestions, personally.
I ignore mine too.

However, I was making the assumption that the OP was trying to stop it from recording something he didn't like. I often browse the suggestions folder and it can be annoying when you have to go through pages of stuff you have no interest in because the TiVo thought you would. Hence the Thumbs down feature. If it's something you like then don't worry about it as like Andy stated it doesn't take up HDD space, so don't worry about it.
gaz2810i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 19:57   #8
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

You will also find that over time the suggestions do slow down a bit and become more attuned to what you like. I have found programmes that I didnt know were on when they appear as suggestions.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 22:46   #9
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

Thanks for all your posts, I am still finding out more things about this box as I go along.

It just takes time, but I'm learning as I go, thanks again
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote