Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung V+ HD power lead

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Are spotters usually pushy?

Old 25-02-2011, 22:45   #1
Mashrok
Inactive

Mashrok is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Are spotters usually pushy?

I've lived in my house for nearly 6 years now, and when I originally moved in I wanted to get NTL broadband. I phoned through my order, gave all my details and got an installation date. However the order was then cancelled by NTL and I was told the service was unavailable for my address. After talking to an engineer who claimed he installed the cable on my street originally I was told they couldn't give me cable as they'd have to dig up the pavement and install a new cable from the DP. Obviously I gave up trying and went to Sky for TV and broadband.

6 years later and i've been having problems with a poor service from Sky so have been looking at options. After a search on google it turns out Virgin Media may be able to install cables to previously non servicable locations, so I fill in a form enquiring about it.

Next morning I get a call from a guy telling me there is already a cable installed to the shop downstairs (who I live above) and that they may not even need to install a new cable. After what the engineer told me 6 years ago I was skeptical and asked for a visit.

Next day the guy turns up at my door, shows me a map of existing services and shows where a new cable could be fitted. Great! However he then tells me that he's already activated an account on my address, thinking that I was certain to sign up on the spot (something I rarely do) and that I have 5 days to sign up, otherwise the plug will be pulled. After which I cant consider joining until 2016 when the address can be re-enabled.

Is this guy being serious? After a bit of a debate about him using a hard sell technique he told me it was 10 days, so I'm wondering if any of this is true.
Anyone heard of this before?

Apologies for the long post
Mashrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2011, 01:07   #2
Jameseh

Re: Are spotters usually pushy?

I'm sure you'd be able to nullify the account he 'created' as it was not in your knowledge or interest. Seems strange that they also wouldn't reconsider adding what would be at the most a few metres of cable for 5 years if you passed it up now. Ring CS up again (although I imagine your not getting it free) and see what they say.