Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:54   #46
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Thousands sign petition to get IDS to prove anyone can live on £7 a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Is that all you can offer. I'm glad you've got it all off your chest.
Whats the point really? Everyone has already accepted without question that giving someone less money is somehow a 'tax' so I doubt pointing out that £53 a week is not the minimum amount someone will be given in benefits each week will be of any use.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2013, 12:58   #47
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Whats the point really? Everyone has already accepted without question that giving someone less money is somehow a 'tax' so I doubt pointing out that £53 a week is not the minimum amount someone will be given in benefits each week will be of any use.
Thankfully the benefit reforms are proving extraordinarily popular on the doorstep according to Tory research - Osborne is supposed to be making a speech about it today. Labour is looking more and more like it's pursuing a core vote strategy, the longer it and its shills at the Graun and the Mirror bang on about how unfair everything is. The louder they shout, the harder it will be in 2015 to collect the middle England votes they need to win the election.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:58   #48
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

When l saw this thread, l just had to laugh about it.

IDS, is an idiot just like Cameron,Osborne and Clegg. What you have to look at, when l was out of work, we were given a cheap mobile phone to look for work but the prices for the calls were expensive.

IDS wont do what people want - him and his mates want the rich life -expensive bottles of wine, dine at the best resuarants on our money.

Can you see him or his puppets walking into a food bank, getting on the bus looking for work that isn't there, he loves the life with police detectives looking after his safety.

I can just imagine him living off £7.00 per day, that would be gone in five minutes by buying a cup of coffee in one of the Costa restuarnats that doesn't pay any tax.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 13:00   #49
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
When l saw this thread, l just had to laugh about it.

IDS, is an idiot just like Cameron,Osborne and Clegg. What you have to look at, when l was out of work, we were given a cheap mobile phone to look for work but the prices for the calls were expensive.

IDS wont do what people want - him and his mates want the rich life -expensive bottles of wine, dine at the best resuarants on our money.

Can you see him or his puppets walking into a food bank, getting on the bus looking for work that isn't there, he loves the life with police detectives looking after his safety.

I can just imagine him living off £7.00 per day, that would be gone in five minutes by buying a cup of coffee in one of the Costa restuarnats that doesn't pay any tax.
Envy is an ugly thing Arthur.
Old 02-04-2013, 13:01   #50
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
If you're paying over £7 for a coffee I think you'd better have a word with the staff at costa.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 13:18   #51
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future
Re: Poor affected - The Rich not affected again - why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I suggest that, since Arthur has issues with the effects of mass migration, he takes it up with his mates @ SameOldLabour* who opened the floodgates in the pursuit of social engineering.

* The party he'll probably be voting for again at the next election.
accept of course - Arthur voted for the coalition last time
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 13:21   #52
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Derek, l wouldn't drink that crap. I prefer Nescafe from Tesco
Old 02-04-2013, 13:25   #53
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, so I don't imagine he's going to lose any sleep over an article in the Daily Mirror, a politically-motivated petition and the signatures of a few thousand Labour activists.
So basically you're saying it doesn't matter what he does then, a tory voter will support whatever regardless if its right or wrong or no matter the effect? It has to be 'Labour activists' doesn't it to disagree. It also show how much you care about what really goes on..

Quote:
IDS was asked directly on the Today programme if he could live on £53. If he'd said 'no' then the Mirror would be screaming in fury this morning and there'd be a petition demanding that the government abandon benefit changes that they admit are unfair and impossible to live with. He said 'yes' and the Mirror is screaming in fury this morning and demanding that he prove it, which is a bit awkward for them because he has already proven his ability to live on benefits when he left the army. That's not good enough for the usual suspects though, they say that years ago "things were different" and they demand proof that he could still do it today, but IMO that's just a thinly disguised attack based on envy of someone who has made a success of his life.
Lets be honest then here, can you live on £53 a week (and not just for 1 week either). Just making excuses for his behalf doesn't say much. So you're also saying nothing has changed over the years that the standard cost of living is still the same as when he came out of the army so you basically trying to ignore the truth that everything has changed... Okay....

And now for the envy (very snide of you, but so wrong), I've rather be myself and in my situation than that cretin. But it can also show you for what you believe in as well if you think that way.

Quote:
Just face it everyone, IDS has been there, done that, couldn't afford the tee shirt and now has a well-paid job in which he has to take hard decisions and get personal abuse as a result. He isn't going to give up his salary, his mansion or his nice car. There's no point. If you don't believe his stint on benefits at the beginning of his civilian career proves anything, then you won't believe a daft spectacle sponsored by the Mirror proves anything either.
Why not let him prove these doubters. But I think we all know how it'll end up if it did happen. Maybe it would be best to avoid the truth again. Afterall we all know what you think of these kind, caring and listening people.
Old 02-04-2013, 13:26   #54
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog66 View Post
accept of course - Arthur voted for the coalition last time
Only due to a personal dislike of his sitting Labour MP. Arthur's general sympathies have always been quite clear:

Quote:
Let me clear one thing, l WON'T be voting Labour, I have voted Lib Dem, as a protest vote against our Labour MP, who is crap and she is from Hounslow. I am a strong Labout Voter and always have been, BUT won't vote for our MP.

I just think Labour is the best party to run this country, Cameron has as much brains as me, and that ain't much.
Quoted from http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/20...l#post34996686
Old 02-04-2013, 13:26   #55
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

I did vote Lib Dems at the last election but only as a protest vote, IF l had known that they would have joined forces with Idiot Cameron, l would not have voted for them.

Yes, l will vote Labour, And the only complaint l have regarding migration is that in this country we have some brilliant British workforce, who can do the same job but they are being overlooked on the grounds that they can get foreign labor cheaper.

Something has to happen.
Old 02-04-2013, 13:29   #56
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurgray50@blu View Post
i did vote lib dems at the last election but only as a protest vote, if l had known that they would have joined forces with idiot cameron, l would not have voted for them.

Yes, l will vote labour, and the only complaint l have regarding migration is that in this country we have some brilliant british workforce, who can do the same job but they are being overlooked on the grounds that they can get foreign labor cheaper.

Something has to happen.
it was labour that let all the immigrants in. Five million of them.
Old 02-04-2013, 13:33   #57
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Ok here's a question, for those who feel benefits should go up not down, where is the money to come from. I mean real money that exists now not pie in the sky things like create more jobs because we know that will not cut it. So come on WHERE is the money to come from considering this country is supposable broke ????

BTW i have no postion on this one way or the other as i have NEVER been on benefits at all so don't know enough about the subject.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 13:36   #58
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Ok here's a question, for those who feel benefits should go up not down, where is the money to come from. I mean real money that exists now not pie in the sky things like create more jobs because we know that will not cut it. So come on WHERE is the money to come from considering this country is supposable broke ????

BTW i have no postion on this one way or the other as i have NEVER been on benefits at all so don't know enough about the subject.
You might find out that some on benefits would prefer to get less if it was made more stable or reformed correctly.
Old 02-04-2013, 13:39   #59
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
So basically you're saying it doesn't matter what he does then, a tory voter will support whatever regardless if its right or wrong or no matter the effect? It has to be 'Labour activists' doesn't it to disagree. It also show how much you care about what really goes on..

Lets be honest then here, can you live on £53 a week (and not just for 1 week either). Just making excuses for his behalf doesn't say much. So you're also saying nothing has changed over the years that the standard cost of living is still the same as when he came out of the army so you basically trying to ignore the truth that everything has changed... Okay....

And now for the envy (very snide of you, but so wrong), I've rather be myself and in my situation than that cretin. But it can also show you for what you believe in as well if you think that way.

Why not let him prove these doubters. But I think we all know how it'll end up if it did happen. Maybe it would be best to avoid the truth again. Afterall we all know what you think of these kind, caring and listening people.
I care about the economic health of the country, which if it is good will provide the right environment for those who work hard to get on, do well and, who knows, earn enough to drive a nice car like IDS.

I look at those who have done well as success stories to learn from and perhaps emulate, not hate figures to be envied and punished.

This country cannot afford its benefits bill. The bill has to come down. But even with these changes the bill is not coming down, its increase has merely been slowed a bit.

I've been on jobseeker's, and within the last 4 years, and without the extra safety net of HB as I own my own house. The only reason I still have my own house is that I've not spent my life sucking up credit like sweeties and tried to do only what I could afford. These days I'm self employed, earning not very much but increasing year on year.

I know all about the benefits system and what it's like to live on it and I still think IDSis doing the right thing for the right reasons. Though I am fully aware that the very fact that I agree with IDS will be more than enough reason for some of you to discount my own experiences of the benefit system as somehow invalid, or less important than your own, just the same as you rush to discount IDS's own experience of the system.
Old 02-04-2013, 13:40   #60
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Correct but that won't stop Arthur blaming the Tories for everything that's happened in trying to undo the damage that Bliar and Brown did during their 13 years at the helm spending money they didn't have. I really don't think people like Arthur can, even if they wanted to, grasp just what sort of a mess SameOldLabour left behind them. Now the chickens are inevitably coming home to roost, people like him choose to bury their heads in the sand, rely on the same tired old rhetoric and believe what they want to hear from the architects of our financial problems rather than facing the tough facts. They delude themselves that just as they have a 'right' to support from the state, UK PLC has a 'right' to support from people around the world to carry on funding state spending we patently can't afford.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote