Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Fixing My Nieghbours Sky+

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Fixing My Nieghbours Sky+

Old 24-09-2009, 12:22   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Fixing My Nieghbours Sky+

Well My Nieghbours Sky+ is playing up and I went into the back garden to see Chav's that hang around outside have severed the Cable running down the wall... What do the police do.. **** all

First things first Sky said It'll cost him So i said *******s ill do it

1) Is it coax cable.
2) Just to confirm you need Two feeds running from the LNB to the Box?
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2009, 12:27   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Fixing My Nieghbours Sky+

If it's sky+ then yes two feeds are needed. Any decent quality sat cable will do, just make sure it's 75ohm and preferably double shielded.

Just be aware that there is a voltage running on that cable (no where near enough to harm a person, but any shorts could blow the LNB power supply so make sure that the box is turned OFF (NOT STANDBY) before you do any work on the cable
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 12:31   #3
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Yep gotcha Thanks for your help Turned the box off Going to get a good 10 metres of cable lol

Starting at 12ish so will Update when i finished to Hopefully say It was Succesful
Old 24-09-2009, 12:34   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Just be carefull when at the dish...

1# it tends to be a few metres up and a drop that far can injure you..
2# Try not to move the dish at all as even half a degree can make a difference between a good or bad signal
Old 24-09-2009, 12:35   #5
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Is it a fairly neat cut? If so you could get some F-Connectors and Couplers and then its just a case of making the joint rain proof, the Twin cable Sky+ uses is pretty expensive
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 12:36   #6
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

It might be an idea to cover the cable with some protection up to chav height if that's where they tend to loiter.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 12:37   #7
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Is it a fairly neat cut? If so you could get some F-Connectors and Couplers and then its just a case of making the joint rain proof, the Twin cable Sky+ uses is pretty expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmitage View Post
It might be an idea to cover the cable with some protection up to chav height if that's where they tend to loiter.
If it's being recabed then probably best to reroute than either rejoin or recable in the same place
Old 24-09-2009, 12:45   #8
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Nah when im finished im getting some metal casing And screwing it all to the wall... Its similar to the Office casing on walls.. Covers the wires
Old 24-09-2009, 12:46   #9
zing_deleted

and the chavs will get an axe lol
Old 24-09-2009, 12:49   #10
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Nah when im finished im getting some metal casing And screwing it all to the wall... Its similar to the Office casing on walls.. Covers the wires
Do you think it would be illegal to make it live? 240 Volts would help deter anyone from tampering with it.

Added benefit of stopping dogs p!ssing on the side of your house.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 12:50   #11
Kymmy
Inactive

Yep, I found that as soon as you make something secure the idiots will take it as a challange...

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmitage View Post
Do you think it would be illegal to make it live? 240 Volts would help deter anyone from tampering with it.
Errrr, NO...

But a sign saying danger live high voltage cables might work
Old 24-09-2009, 14:38   #12
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Lmao Im finished Now Thanks for All your help. Perfect Signal Job done

got the casing up too...Difference is Someone is always in One of these houses So im sure we will hear chavs giving it a go