Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HD in two rooms

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

HD in two rooms

Old 11-05-2007, 16:50   #1
andwarr
Inactive

andwarr is an unknown quantity at this point
HD in two rooms

I'm trying to find a simple way of receiving Sky HD in both my loft and ground floor living room TVs.

Sky tell me the only way to do this is to have two completely separate HD boxes and subscriptions.

I know technically the viewing cards are associated with only one machine, but I was wondering if I could get two boxes and switch cards between boxes depending on which one I'm watching... I'd never need to watch both at the same time...

Any other ideas?

Many thanks in advance.
andwarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2007, 20:29   #2
Pedro1
Inactive

Pedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nicePedro1 is just really nice
Re: HD in two rooms

Not possible my friend you would need to get sky multiroom for this.
All to do with the addresses in the box.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

Heard this from a Cobra engineer (sky subcontractor) so not 100% sure.
Pedro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 22:56   #3
iain_herts
Ex SKY Engineer

Services: 2x sky+ /sky16Mb/bt phone
iain_herts has reached the bronze age
iain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to iain_herts

u can do it BUT every time u move the card between the 2 box's u will need to call sky up to pair the card but please be aware once a card is paired so many times it is flag up on the system.

but there is systems out that u can use to trannsmite the HD around the house but these are VERY expensive. iv worked in properties where these have cost thousands

or u pay for multiroom £10 for the extra subscription but i think u will need anouther HD sub for the other box so total price per month will be standard sub plus £20 for extra box and HD sub
Old 01-07-2007, 03:51   #4
lincsat
Inactive

lincsat is an unknown quantity at this point

The SkyHD box can output HD quality on both HDMI and Component, so with the box in one room connected with a short Component lead, then run a long HDMI lead to the other room - You would also need a co-ax feed and a TV Link to control the box from the second room.

Of course, you would only get one channel at a time
lincsat is offline   Reply With Quote