Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

Old 06-09-2016, 12:24   #31
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
For me, channel ordering is a significant issue and one I've always been critical of on cable as well as Sky. I am very cautious about cancelling VM to go to Sky for this very reason.

I am surprised more people don't complain about this issue because what's the point of having loads of channels if you can't find them?

On Freeview, I've always ordered the channels exactly as I want them and on what channel numbers I want. I wish there was more flexibility to do the same on the pay platforms too.
According to you this won't be a problem for too long as people move away from pay linear channels.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2016, 13:14   #32
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
For me, channel ordering is a significant issue and one I've always been critical of on cable as well as Sky. I am very cautious about cancelling VM to go to Sky for this very reason.

I am surprised more people don't complain about this issue because what's the point of having loads of channels if you can't find them?

On Freeview, I've always ordered the channels exactly as I want them and on what channel numbers I want. I wish there was more flexibility to do the same on the pay platforms too.
I remember old NTL software used to allow you to move channels about. I wish Sky Q would add the option.
Old 06-09-2016, 13:41   #33
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I remember old NTL software used to allow you to move channels about. I wish Sky Q would add the option.
Agreed but it will never happen as the Sky EPG is heavily regulated.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:14   #34
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

What about saving the channels as favourites, would that not make it easier?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:21   #35
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
What about saving the channels as favourites, would that not make it easier?
You can on Sky+HD however Sky Q doesn't currently have the favourites option.

Last edited by muppetman11; 07-09-2016 at 11:25.
Old 07-09-2016, 17:49   #36
S_james

Quote:

Well whilst you're busy stressing out about channel numbers I've had SkyQ installed and enjoyed some UHD Movies on demand and looking forward to UHD football this weekend.

I watch the channels, not the channel numbers.
Old 07-09-2016, 18:54   #37
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_james View Post
Well whilst you're busy stressing out about channel numbers I've had SkyQ installed and enjoyed some UHD Movies on demand and looking forward to UHD football this weekend.

I watch the channels, not the channel numbers.
what's your verdict on the quality
Old 07-09-2016, 19:01   #38
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
what's your verdict on the quality
Like most content variable , The Blacklist looks good in UHD as does the football.

I'm very impressed with how quick the UHD On Demand content becomes available almost instantly on my Sky Fibre connection.
Old 07-09-2016, 19:08   #39
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Does anyone have images of the inteface, does it still list your recordings, and their status, particularly "Viewed" ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 20:42   #40
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Like most content variable , The Blacklist looks good in UHD as does the football.

I'm very impressed with how quick the UHD On Demand content becomes available almost instantly on my Sky Fibre connection.
Interesting to note that all the UHD content in films has been remastered so presumably there is some catching up to with the film/program makers.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Does anyone have images of the inteface, does it still list your recordings, and their status, particularly "Viewed" ?
I've just had a quick look at my recordings some watched some still to watch and no there is no way to see what has been viewed or part viewed .My biggest gripe with Q is that i feel the interface needs a complete redesign ,far too many unnecessary button pressings to get into certain parts of the menu there is no back button .User friendly it is not

I would consider Sky Q as a work in progress

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Correction ,had to search this solution on the Sky forum

When you have not watched a recording there will be a small white dot on the tile, when you have watched then there will be a thin blue line showing how much of the recording you have watched.
Old 07-09-2016, 22:10   #41
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
When you have not watched a recording there will be a small white dot on the tile, when you have watched then there will be a thin blue line showing how much of the recording you have watched.
Hmm, thats really naff then. Looks like we will be staying off Q for the moment.

My family's biggest gripe with Tivo was this lack of being able to tell at a glance if you have viewed something, its one of the reasons we switched back to sky.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 22:54   #42
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Hmm, thats really naff then. Looks like we will be staying off Q for the moment.

My family's biggest gripe with Tivo was this lack of being able to tell at a glance if you have viewed something, its one of the reasons we switched back to sky.
Yeah i had to really search the forum to find out what that white dot was and as far as i can see it only shows in the A-Z recording listing .What's wrong with simply saying viewed/part viewed.Definately a work in progress with potential imo and i would be pretty peed off if i was paying the full premium price .

Oh and the wifi connection between the main box and mini boxes is very very flaky ,i've had to have sky put a booster in so my mini box can stay connected works fine now but quite strange how Sky have forward planned the booster availability
Old 07-09-2016, 23:07   #43
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yeah i had to really search the forum to find out what that white dot was and as far as i can see it only shows in the A-Z recording listing .What's wrong with simply saying viewed/part viewed.Definately a work in progress with potential imo and i would be pretty peed off if i was paying the full premium price .

Oh and the wifi connection between the main box and mini boxes is very very flaky ,i've had to have sky put a booster in so my mini box can stay connected works fine now but quite strange how Sky have forward planned the booster availability
I'm pretty sure powerline will officially be supported soon as the Sky Q hub has just had a firmware update and the powerline option is now back.

I have my mini connected via wifi so far it's been OK although it does seem some have varying connectivity issues , in my opinion powerline should have been a working option from launch. Wifi as Sky's chosen method must be a complete nightmare for their installers in larger homes.

It's no wonder they didn't bother making a UHD Sky Q Mini from launch.

Last edited by muppetman11; 07-09-2016 at 23:33.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:50   #44
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm pretty sure powerline will officially be supported soon as the Sky Q hub has just had a firmware update and the powerline option is now back.

I have my mini connected via wifi so far it's been OK although it does seem some have varying connectivity issues , in my opinion powerline should have been a working option from launch. Wifi as Sky's chosen method must be a complete nightmare for their installers in larger homes.

It's no wonder they didn't bother making a UHD Sky Q Mini from launch.
Yep i have no idea why the powerline connection wasn't an option from day one ,after all the adapters are built into the hub,silver box and mini boxes ,also the Sky booster 2 ,sometimes the wonderful world of sky makes weird decisions
Old 09-09-2016, 12:42   #45
S_james

Is there a plus 24 hour option for the to guide? Because if there is I can't find it. On Sky+HD I just pressed yellow for +24 and I think blue for -24.