Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Sky+HD install

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New Sky+HD install

Old 06-05-2010, 22:26   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
New Sky+HD install

So decided to Rip Virgin out Completely and get everything sky.

Called them up and they came round and Installed a Dish and a new HD box.

Day later the card came and they said I had to ring them to activate.

Placed card in the box and rang them they said they sent a signal and would take anytime up to 24 hours if theres a problem ring them back. 24 hours pass and no HD channels, No Movies No sports

I ring them back and get this as their excuse, ''We have sent the Signal Next door'' Which I dont even think is possible considering to activate it they needed the card number, box number etc. and asked for postcode and Address.

So I let them off and he claims to have sent the signal again.. funny enough Im here 28 hours later with nothing.

Checked the box over and found NO SIGNAL for input 1 on the box.. Would this be a problem at all? Because if so Im gonna raise hell

And any advice as of what to do in this situation would be appreciated Because this so far has been awful service

Any advice appreciated, thanks adzii
Old 06-05-2010, 22:28   #2
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: New Sky+HD install

The only time I have only 1 input signal is when my box is playing up and I have to reboot it (unplug it for a couple of mins and turn it back on).
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 22:29   #3
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post
The only time I have only 1 input signal is when my box is playing up and I have to reboot it (unplug it for a couple of mins and turn it back on).

They said dont unplug it otherwise the signal wouldnt come through for the card to activate it.. Im just gonna ring them in the morning methinks.
Old 06-05-2010, 22:32   #4
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Well I'd say if there is only one input the signal would have problems getting through anyway.

When they put mine in they didn't leave 'till it was all working.

I'd reboot it before you call them and make sure you have both inputs working.
Old 06-05-2010, 22:36   #5
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Well I'd say if there is only one input the signal would have problems getting through anyway.

Thanks for the advice mate, If it waint working by tommorow Ill reboot it and see if the 1st input signal is working, If not ill ring them and tell them I have nothing.

Thanks for the help
Old 06-05-2010, 22:37   #6
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

No problem, just let us know how you get on
Old 06-05-2010, 23:56   #7
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
No problem, just let us know how you get on
Common sense prevailed and I decided to upnlug the box..

Surely enough you were 100% right and the signal is now there

Just gotta ring sky in the morning and tell them to re-send!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:52   #8
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Well after unplugging the box and getting the Signal Locked for Input 1

I started recieving the channels I ordered

Thank you for your help mate, Saved me a lot of trouble and money ringing them useless ****** =]
Old 07-05-2010, 08:17   #9
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I'm glad you got it sorted
Old 09-05-2010, 19:29   #10
runaway
Inactive

runaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Bless my first post-i had my Sky+ and a SD-I had install HD on Thursday (self install)- I exchange the SD card into the New HD box and leave the Sky + card in that box moved it to the bedroom. So i just had one card to pair up. After installation n contact Sky for paring up the SD Card with the New HD box could not get Any sky channel working although others was working include ITV1 HD and others. Phone sky next day went through some setup still got all channels recording, play and rewind was ok but now i cannot record or rewind. Phone sky again a few times since still no joy-Sky will be sending an engineer Friday to sort out problem. Just wondering what could be the problem
runaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 19:31   #11
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

are both signals on the box fine?

and have you tried manual callback or w.e it is?
Old 10-05-2010, 16:06   #12
runaway
Inactive

runaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your opinion-yes both signal are fine about 80% signal strength and 90% signal quality-I have done a new install which include a callback-dont know if that is what you refer to as a manual r auto rcallback. The sky+ is ok recording n playback which is using the same LNB-I have also tried rebuilt with no joy.
runaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 22:12   #13
andymo
Inactive

andymo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Thanks, you sorted me out there as well. [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
andymo is offline   Reply With Quote