Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 13-01-2017, 12:26   #2641
NoCableForMe
cf.member

NoCableForMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I rec'd my email from VM regarding the V6 today lol

"It’s the news you’ve been waiting for – our smallest, smartest, fastest Virgin TV V6 box is here. Yep, the future of entertainment is ready and waiting for you.

To get your hands on it, all you have to do is:

1. Click ‘I want in’ below.

2. Register or Login to My Virgin Media.

3. Click the Offers and Upgrades tab, then click on the Virgin TV V6 box, see how much it costs and boom – your box is on its way!

We’ll get in touch to let you know when it’ll arrive – because it’s brand new, it could take up to six weeks. But the sooner you order, the sooner you’ll discover exactly where your epic Virgin TV V6 box can take you. So, what are you waiting for?

All the best,
The Virgin Media team"

I've already ordered my boxes and have an installation date...better late then never I guess lol
I got that email, when I click on "Offers and Upgrades tab" all I get is

"We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help."

FFS, can't even fix their own web site.
NoCableForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2017, 12:28   #2642
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I rec'd my email from VM regarding the V6 today lol

"It’s the news you’ve been waiting for – our smallest, smartest, fastest Virgin TV V6 box is here. Yep, the future of entertainment is ready and waiting for you.

To get your hands on it, all you have to do is:

1. Click ‘I want in’ below.

2. Register or Login to My Virgin Media.

3. Click the Offers and Upgrades tab, then click on the Virgin TV V6 box, see how much it costs and boom – your box is on its way!

We’ll get in touch to let you know when it’ll arrive – because it’s brand new, it could take up to six weeks. But the sooner you order, the sooner you’ll discover exactly where your epic Virgin TV V6 box can take you. So, what are you waiting for?

All the best,
The Virgin Media team"

I've already ordered my boxes and have an installation date...better late then never I guess lol
I don't think you will be disappointed, UC. I can't get enough of my new V6s. I am indeed a happy bunny!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 12:29   #2643
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCableForMe View Post
I got that email, when I click on "Offers and Upgrades tab" all I get is

"We're sorry, but we're unable to change your package online. We'll be happy to do it for you over the phone, and it'll only take a few minutes. Please call us on 0345 454 1111 to speak to someone who can help."

FFS, can't even fix their own web site.
Haha I get the same message too

That's why I always use the online chat service or call them if I want to upgrade/change anything. Things seem to get done a lot quicker that way too.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 12:32   #2644
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don't think you will be disappointed, UC. I can't get enough of my new V6s. I am indeed a happy bunny!
Nice to see one of our revered posters happy rather then miserable for once OB.
Old 13-01-2017, 12:32   #2645
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I've had my V6s on order a long time before this email came, OB. My installation date is 7th Feb, can't wait. Hearing everyone's positive feedback is really good too.

It's probably just a general email for all those that have registered their interest, but you would have thought by looking at their system, they could see I already have an order in place lol
Old 13-01-2017, 12:33   #2646
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Haha I get the same message too

That's why I always use the online chat service or call them if I want to upgrade/change anything. Things seem to get done a lot quicker that way too.
I find that it's better to phone anyway. The VM Team are always helpful, I find, and answer any queries very well.

Of course, if you ask them about anything 'coming soon', they don't have a clue because all of that is kept very hush hush. But we knew that, didn't we?
Old 13-01-2017, 12:37   #2647
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I find that it's better to phone anyway. The VM Team are always helpful, I find, and answer any queries very well.

Of course, if you ask them about anything 'coming soon', they don't have a clue because all of that is kept very hush hush. But we knew that, didn't we?
The same here, OB. The customer service I have received whether on the phone or the online chat has always been really good and they seem willing to help. I know everyone has different experiences, I've just been lucky I guess.
Old 13-01-2017, 12:56   #2648
NoCableForMe
cf.member

NoCableForMe is an unknown quantity at this point

All I get on chat is this, tried several times this week

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 11.55.18.png
NoCableForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 13:23   #2649
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Attachment 26856
I just signed into My Virgin Media to have a look and it seems to be working fine. I didn't get that message.
Old 13-01-2017, 13:29   #2650
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I just signed into My Virgin Media to have a look and it seems to be working fine. I didn't get that message.
We used chat ourselves and it worked tickety boo thankfully.
Old 13-01-2017, 14:04   #2651
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:

Attachment 26856
Maybe they noticed your pseudonym, old bean!
Old 13-01-2017, 14:43   #2652
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

V6 due to arrive 1 Feb. AS I don't want to wreak havoc in the house would https://www.amazon.co.uk/MobileFDL-V..._cd_al_qh_dp_t make my current TiVo wireless negating the need for a mile for ethernet? Ta.
Old 13-01-2017, 15:14   #2653
jonandmarkuk
Inactive

Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500), Yamaha RXV777, Full House TV, 200Mb, 2 VM v6 Tivos, Slingbox.
jonandmarkuk is on a distinguished roadjonandmarkuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
V6 due to arrive 1 Feb. AS I don't want to wreak havoc in the house would https://www.amazon.co.uk/MobileFDL-V..._cd_al_qh_dp_t make my current TiVo wireless negating the need for a mile for ethernet? Ta.
Unfortunately not, it would be far too slow a connection. I used to use one of those and they were also really unreliable.
Better option is the Powerline plugs, when I looked before Christmas Virgin were selling them cheaper than Amazon.
jonandmarkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 19:35   #2654
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

2 x V6's installed today. Really happy and deliver everything I wanted (so far!)... Fast (instant pretty much), seamless search is worth using now and jumps into Netflix etc quickly and it is just as quick as the 4K app on our Panasonic TV (if not quicker). Now have Netflix on our bedroom TV also which is a bonus.

Still need to test the recording sharing between boxes etc but so far I am very pleased, well worth £114 as it'll stop me throwing the remote at the TV in frustration :-)

As most people agreed, no issue what so ever connecting to my ethernet switch rather than moving the SuperHub etc.

As an aside they look much better in real life. The pictures make it look quite bulky but in fact it is small.

Friendly installer arrived on time (and was patient as we did not hear the doorbell first time!) and got everything set up quickly.

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

One question - I have gone only to copy the Series Links etc to one of the new boxes... It said it would take 30 mins to appear but they have not yet. Is that normal?

Last edited by david_w2k; 13-01-2017 at 18:30.
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 19:54   #2655
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post
One question - I have gone only to copy the Series Links etc to one of the new boxes... It said it would take 30 mins to appear but they have not yet. Is that normal?
Yes, it can take hours. You might be able to hurry it along by going into the Network settings and do "Connect to Virgin Media Service now"
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote