Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 22-12-2016, 21:28   #1231
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: US Election 2016

I still believe that Trump will cause a lot of problems for the US. He might be a billionaire business man.

BUT, he doesn't have the qualities to be a President. And l feel that next year, something will happen. And the poor in the US will suffer badly.
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2016, 22:08   #1232
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

BUT, he doesn't have the qualities to be a President. And l feel that next year, something will happen. And the poor in the US will suffer badly.
But hang on your other feelings have suggested he going to get shot, so one feeling is contradicting the other.... You have a lot of pessimistic feelings or outlooks.

As for the poor suffering badly? You mean like they have under Barack Obama and Presidents before him.... George W Bush, Bill Clinton ? Remember, I have been to the US several times and I can tell you Barack Obama did nothing, nor did Bush, to help the poor, there is deep deep poverty and crime in some of the deep deprived suburbs of America and there are many streets, you just don't go down, even in the day!
Old 22-12-2016, 22:35   #1233
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Donald is going to make America Great Again ! But its always been crap, someone needs to tell him. Massively divided, the divisions will only increase, with the select obscenely rich few (including the Donald), becoming richer. He's only got in because of an anti-politics vote; RIP the US and God help the rest of the world. If anyone really thinks he is going to help the poor, they need therapy. He's only going to help himself and his empire.
Old 22-12-2016, 23:25   #1234
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I think 2017 could be quite bad if the 'movements' (can't think of a better word) which showed a rebellion against the perceived establishment, Brexit and Trump especially, don't deliver better conditions for those who rebelled. Maybe 2018 instead because Brexit will take time but if immigration doesn't go down, if wages don't go up or jobs don't get better then we might have an even bigger problem.

I think within a couple of election cycles we're going to see the automation cause even bigger problems for people than we see now. I saw a map the other day of the United States which showed just how many of those states have 'truck driver' as the largest single occupation and self-driving trucks, especially on motorways, aren't that far off. Uber are effectively betting their future on self-driving cabs.

The main worry with Trump (other than foreign policy) is who he'll blame if things start to go wrong.
Old 23-12-2016, 00:16   #1235
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I have just looked how this family live, and the wealth that goes with it.

Talk about 'there noses stuck up there rear'. I now understand why people are so against this bloke.

Trump is not interested about the people of America, its all about power. He is a billionaire, owns various businesses. And if people think that Trump will transfer his interest over to his must live in cuckoo land.

Even Trump tower has rooms that are gold plated.

I was staggered when l look at the way his son is treated.

And before people slagg me off for whinging. I have worked my butt ff for a living
Old 23-12-2016, 00:34   #1236
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think 2017 could be quite bad if the 'movements' (can't think of a better word) which showed a rebellion against the perceived establishment, Brexit and Trump especially, don't deliver better conditions for those who rebelled. Maybe 2018 instead because Brexit will take time but if immigration doesn't go down, if wages don't go up or jobs don't get better then we might have an even bigger problem.

I think within a couple of election cycles we're going to see the automation cause even bigger problems for people than we see now. I saw a map the other day of the United States which showed just how many of those states have 'truck driver' as the largest single occupation and self-driving trucks, especially on motorways, aren't that far off. Uber are effectively betting their future on self-driving cabs.

The main worry with Trump (other than foreign policy) is who he'll blame if things start to go wrong.
I think I read something like 20% of the US population is employed by the motor trade either by manufacturing, distribution, repair, driving or in showrooms and related activities. I appreciate that all those trades won't go with the advent of self-driving, rented cars and automatic lorries but a lot will. And what will replace them? I guess it all depends on where the wealth generated by automation is shared.

In terms of who will be blamed, we know it will be the Chinese and Mexicans.
Old 23-12-2016, 06:47   #1237
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin signal renewal of nuclear arms race.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ear-arms-race/

Well that's fantastic news...
So far Donald wants more nukes, more of those lovely greenhouse gases, no healthcare for the poor and a massive wall. If that's what the US voted for I guess they deserve it, but the rest of the World doesn't.
Old 23-12-2016, 12:21   #1238
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin signal renewal of nuclear arms race.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ear-arms-race/

Well that's fantastic news...
So far Donald wants more nukes, more of those lovely greenhouse gases, no healthcare for the poor and a massive wall. If that's what the US voted for I guess they deserve it, but the rest of the World doesn't.
In answer to Damien's question, it seems we know who the Donald will be blaming....
Old 23-12-2016, 12:24   #1239
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

just a thought did all the Trump haters hate him when he was just a rich guy or is it just because he won a democratic race to the presidency .
Old 23-12-2016, 13:32   #1240
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
just a thought did all the Trump haters hate him when he was just a rich guy or is it just because he won a democratic race to the presidency .
Yes, they did - that's why they have taken the mickey out of him for over two decades...

http://www.dailydot.com/layer8/why-d...-donald-trump/
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 23-12-2016, 14:39   #1241
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Have you actually listened to the vitriol coming out of this man's mouth? Policies aside, he is a shocking choice for President of the most powerful country in the world.

I just hope this world still exists by the end of his term of office. If you are not worried now, you should be.
Old 23-12-2016, 14:54   #1242
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Have you actually listened to the vitriol coming out of this man's mouth? Policies aside, he is a shocking choice for President of the most powerful country in the world.

I just hope this world still exists by the end of his term of office. If you are not worried now, you should be.
Trump is a keen Brexit supporter and friend of Nigel Farage. Many in the Brexit camp are happy to accept the occasional item of locker room jolly japers from Donald for the greater good and I suspect that Papa Smurf counts himself amongst their number.
Old 23-12-2016, 14:57   #1243
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I feel the same way about Clinton, she would be an absolute disaster as President and she is far too corrupt.

Despite his behaviour, I am prepared to give Trump a chance over one who has already had some form of chance and failed miserably and she would be likely to lead us in to a very dark war with Russia, I would very much like to avoid that, because we'd be caught in the middle of it, in more ways than one.
Maybe he has been getting lessons from Evil Hilary:

Donald Trump: US must greatly expand nuclear capabilities

Trump on nuclear weapons tweet: 'Let it be an arms race' - MSNBC

Quote:
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump, asked to clarify his comments about expanding U.S. nuclear weapons capability, said, "Let it be an arms race," and that the United States would win it, MSNBC reported on Friday.

Trump had alarmed non-proliferation experts on Thursday with a Twitter post that said the United States "must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes."

MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski spoke with Trump on the phone and asked him to expand on his tweet. She said he responded: "Let it be an arms race. We will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all."

Russia 'stronger than any aggressor' - Vladimir Putin
Old 23-12-2016, 15:58   #1244
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

never really taken any notice of him tbh -but he's the next pres of the USA and not being an American i am powerless to influence things ,the Americans have had some good and bad presidents in the past they come and go and then the people vote in another ,its their right and their choice to do so we are just spectators .
Old 23-12-2016, 16:14   #1245
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
never really taken any notice of him tbh -but he's the next pres of the USA and not being an American i am powerless to influence things ,the Americans have had some good and bad presidents in the past they come and go and then the people vote in another ,its their right and their choice to do so we are just spectators .
I'm amazed you didn't notice him, with all the free publicity he got from the media....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Closed Thread