Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 20:50   #811
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Oh I don't know, I think Den summed it up perfectly. Did you think Hitler wasn't that bad Mick?
:woot :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
Old 07-11-2016, 20:51   #812
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Did you think Hitler wasn't that bad Mick?
Old 07-11-2016, 20:59   #813
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Clinton is the lesser of 2 evils.
Old 07-11-2016, 21:01   #814
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Clinton is the lesser of 2 evils.
In your opinion.
Old 07-11-2016, 21:06   #815
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

If I didn't have work on Wednesday I'd watch the results come in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USA14523130_1891024651129603_7982943867502970136_n.jpg (51.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-11-2016, 21:07   #816
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Clinton and Obama Policies have done far worse things than all that crap you just posted about Trump, which I have to say is just the typical biased media narrative that is against him. I have said before Trump is no angel and he has been a nasty piece of work in the past but he is not the worse of the two at all. He also does not have a track record of groping women at all, not everyone is a sucker for believing the crap coming from made up lies about him.

I find it amazing that only in another topic, you and others cry foul of the media, shouting out propaganda etc etc yet don't when it doesn't suit here.

I base my views on Trump/Clinton on real hard facts and how history has played out and it's not looking at all, a rosey time line for Crooked Hillary, nor Obama.

But what Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton has done in Syria and Libya, they should hang their heads in shame. The biggest Migrant crisis we have faced and those Migrants fleeing Africa, fleeing Syria have DIED trying to get to Europe, those two clowns, Clinton and Obama have much blood on their hands with their shower of crap policy after policy in Libya and Syria.

Yeah Gadaffi was a evil dictator, but Libya and for most part now North Africa was secure before their meddling but oh, not now, it's a big whole mess with ISIS having strongholds there and now also Syria. What a frigging mess those two clowns have left this part of the World in and you and others want one of those same corrupt, pathological and lying Clowns back in power.
l don't need to take things from a biased media Mick as Donald Trump whether one likes it or not has voiced his opinions about all the groups l have named out of his own mouth time and time again over nearly 30 years and if you look online on YouTube and other type sites its there coming out of his own mouth unless one thinks he did not say those things about all these groups and even just watching the news earlier where they showed some clips of his comments made me utterly shudder that this man might be president of America in a couple of days and that is a frightening prospect indeed and yes Hilary Clinton is not exactly my type of leader as she has too many warts and baggage on her but sorry but god help us if Trump becomes American president on Wednesday as that is a very chilling prospect l hope never happens.
Old 07-11-2016, 21:50   #817
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
becomes American president on Wednesday as that is a very chilling prospect l hope never happens.
I feel the same way about Clinton, she would be an absolute disaster as President and she is far too corrupt.

Despite his behaviour, I am prepared to give Trump a chance over one who has already had some form of chance and failed miserably and she would be likely to lead us in to a very dark war with Russia, I would very much like to avoid that, because we'd be caught in the middle of it, in more ways than one.
Old 07-11-2016, 21:57   #818
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Despite his behaviour, I am prepared to give Trump a chance over one who has already had some form of chance and failed miserably and she would be likely to lead us in to a very dark war with Russia, I would very much like to avoid that, because we'd be caught in the middle of it, in more ways than one.
Giving someone a chance with the nuclear codes is a bit of a risk. Trumps love in with Putin is also something not to be welcomed - we won't be benefiting that's for sure.
Old 07-11-2016, 22:03   #819
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

A good insight into why some might support Trump: http://www.ap.org/explore/divided-am...vival-bid.html

Quote:
Mike Kirk leans across the counter of the pawnshop where he works for $11 an hour. It’s less than half what he made in the mines, but the best he can do these days.

He and two customers ponder what this city might look like in 10 years if nothing changes. Many of the storefronts on the narrow downtown streets are empty. Some of the buildings burned. Their blackened shells, “condemned” signs taped to the doors, stand as a symbol of how far they’ve fallen.

In 10 years? A ghost town, one customer offers. The other wonders if it might simply cease to exist.
There are places like this across America — poor and getting poorer, feeling left behind while the rest got richer. But nowhere has the plummet of the white working class been as merciless as here in central Appalachia. And nowhere have the cross-currents of desperation and boiling resentment that have devoured a presidential race been on such glaring display.
We're seeing the same here where the division is increasingly between those who benefit from the current economic situation and those who do not. Between college-educated (American speak) and non-college educated voters.

Of course it's also possible to read too much into things like that and see it as an easy answer. Brexit had a pretty diverse range of support from differing economic groups whereas I read the average income for Trump supporters is $60,000 but it's interesting anyway.
Old 07-11-2016, 22:18   #820
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Seems things are swinging Clinton's way.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37884603
Old 07-11-2016, 22:33   #821
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Giving someone a chance with the nuclear codes is a bit of a risk. Trumps love in with Putin is also something not to be welcomed - we won't be benefiting that's for sure.
I disagree with all you just said.

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

Quote:
Seems things are swinging Clinton's way.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37884603
But not really.

I am looking at the Drudge report and it's looking very favourable for Trump in Florida, North Carolina and Colorado in early voting. He's outperformed Mitt Romney in the 2012 Election by a LOT!
Old 07-11-2016, 22:40   #822
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:

But not really.

I am looking at the Drudge report and it's looking very favourable for Trump in Florida, North Carolina and Colorado in early voting. He's outperformed Mitt Romney in the 2012 Election by a LOT!
"The Drudge Report is a politically conservative American news aggregation website. The Drudge Report has a history of fabricating or misrepresenting stories"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drudge_Report (ooh the name Breibart is mentioned aswell !)

Think I trust the BBC more, but we'll find out soon thank God.
Old 07-11-2016, 22:42   #823
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Clinton and Obama Policies have done far worse things than all that crap you just posted about Trump, which I have to say is just the typical biased media narrative that is against him. I have said before Trump is no angel and he has been a nasty piece of work in the past but he is not the worse of the two at all. He also does not have a track record of groping women at all, not everyone is a sucker for believing the crap coming from made up lies about him.

I find it amazing that only in another topic, you and others cry foul of the media, shouting out propaganda etc etc yet don't when it doesn't suit here.

I base my views on Trump/Clinton on real hard facts and how history has played out and it's not looking at all, a rosey time line for Crooked Hillary, nor Obama.

But what Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton has done in Syria and Libya, they should hang their heads in shame. The biggest Migrant crisis we have faced and those Migrants fleeing Africa, fleeing Syria have DIED trying to get to Europe, those two clowns, Clinton and Obama have much blood on their hands with their shower of crap policy after policy in Libya and Syria.

Yeah Gadaffi was a evil dictator, but Libya and for most part now North Africa was secure before their meddling but oh, not now, it's a big whole mess with ISIS having strongholds there and now also Syria. What a frigging mess those two clowns have left this part of the World in and you and others want one of those same corrupt, pathological and lying Clowns back in power.
Yes i think the trump being that evil plotline has been exaggerated. But i also think the whole clinton corrupt thing has been exaggerated. Using a private server for emails has been done by many secretary of states. That has never been mentioned before. Both parties have slung as much exaggerated sh*t at each other its incredible. Clintons emails are corrupt yet no one has really seen the "bad" emails yet they assume they are. Trump is ready to cause world war 3 and yet we have no real evidence of that except hes fencing in some mexicans. I doubt that causes world war 3.

It has been a nasty election with social media causing a lot of the nastiness. With unclaimed allegations being thrown out by opposition supporters with nasty vile messages going back and forth with little to no evidence.

The real question is ignoring all the b/s allegations

Who has more experience to be president of the worlds super power? A woman who has been secretary of state and a senator or a man with no political experience whatsoever but has made millions in real estate. That is the one question people must answer. Forget emails. Forget "crimes" against women which havent been proven in a court of law. Forget wild accusations and fantasies about what ifs...

Who has the most experience for the most powerful job?

Thats clinton.

Thats all this election should be based about.

Last edited by vincerooney; 07-11-2016 at 22:43. Reason: .
Old 07-11-2016, 22:52   #824
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
"The Drudge Report is a politically conservative American news aggregation website. The Drudge Report has a history of fabricating or misrepresenting stories"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drudge_Report (ooh the name Breibart is mentioned aswell !)

Think I trust the BBC more, but we'll find out soon thank God.
I couldn't careless who you trust. More fool you. Is that the same BBC who Sir Cliff Richard is suing because they tried to ruin his life?

Please.

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

Thats clinton.

Thats all this election should be based about.
Not necessarily, she has BAD experience.
Old 07-11-2016, 22:55   #825
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Has either of them put forward any policies ? aside from Trump wanting to build a wall i don't actually remember any policies being mentioned in the campaign just days and days or bitching at each other

Closed Thread