Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 16:30   #676
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Well if she is indicted, she will be removed from Office of President anyway, who then becomes President? Kaine, her vice President.

It's questionable democracy Damien, with reports of voter fraud, over a million dead people registered to vote and people crossing State lines to vote again. The voting system in America is laughable, it really is. Maybe when Trump says the system is rigged, it appears to really be the case.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...ines/92892042/

http://yournewswire.com/two-million-...s-voter-fraud/
Well, considering 2.5 million people a year die in the USA, and the electoral rolls are updated yearly, it's to be expected...

btw, the lady in your link voted twice for Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...twice-in-iowa/
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2016, 16:32   #677
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
At the end of the day they are only polls and not the main official poll that matters and as we know Polls can and have been wrong.
Was more commenting on Trumps hypocrisy

Old 04-11-2016, 16:55   #678
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Was more commenting on Trumps hypocrisy
No hypocrisy here.

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Well, considering 2.5 million people a year die in the USA, and the electoral rolls are updated yearly, it's to be expected...

btw, the lady in your link voted twice for Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...twice-in-iowa/
Well considering nothing. Dead people don't normally have the capability to vote which has been the case here and in past Elections.

As for you pointing out that a woman voted twice. I know that's why I posted the link. If this woman is voting twice, how many other people are doing it? Vote fraud, is voter fraud.
Old 04-11-2016, 19:21   #679
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

im utterly excited about this election. can bill clinton return to the white house or will we be left with one of the most extraordinary election wins ever with a trump win. Either way its a game changer day for the world on tuesday.

Ive been signed off another week from work so ill be up all night watching it if anyone else is!

My prediction? i have a sneaky feeling trump will win. hes closing in the polls and i think a lot of people in the opinion polls arent admitting theyll vote trump. i think its brexit 2 all over again
Old 04-11-2016, 19:24   #680
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
im utterly excited about this election. can bill clinton return to the white house or will we be left with one of the most extraordinary election wins ever with a trump win. Either way its a game changer day for the world on tuesday.

Ive been signed off another week from work so ill be up all night watching it if anyone else is!

My prediction? i have a sneaky feeling trump will win. hes closing in the polls and i think a lot of people in the opinion polls arent admitting theyll vote trump. i think its brexit 2 all over again

Bill Clinton ???

Old 04-11-2016, 19:29   #681
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

You better like Mick put your wad of money on it then Vince.
Old 04-11-2016, 19:41   #682
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Bill Clinton ???
Well, unless you missed the obvious, Bill Clinton, is married to Hillary Clinton and thus, he will be returning to the White House, as the First Husband, First Gentleman, whatever title is given to the Husband of a female President, it's just unfortunate that if the first female President, is Hillary Clinton, it will be one marred by a bad reputation and serious controversy.

Infact, it's been said Bill will even lend a helping hand to Hillary. Which I'm sure he will. All this assuming they win of course and also assuming Hillary doesn't get Indicted any time soon for her alleged crooked dealings while she was Secretary of State.
Old 04-11-2016, 20:26   #683
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/05/up...-safe-one.html

Good overview of the state of the election. Clinton ahead but within a polling error of losing.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Quote:

I have no idea what's going to happen. I don't like calling these things. I don't have the sinking feeling of my side losing which I had a few weeks before Brexit. The betting markets have it around 70-30 as does the FiveThirtyEight projection so I'll go with that.

There are a lot of undecided voters in the early voting, record highs. However there is also an increase in women, the margin is wider so far, and hispanics whilst African American turnout is down. So I guess either:
  • Trump wins a Brexit style victory from white men without a college degree turning out in record numbers
  • Clinton wins ala the polls from slightly higher turnout from women, less from men, more from latinos, less from African Americans but otherwise matches Obama in 2012
  • Clinton wins comfortably from a huge increase in women and hispanic voters. Voters will a college degree go majority democratic for the first time
Old 04-11-2016, 22:26   #684
RizzyKing

I'm starting to think trump might pull it out of the hat too three wives of my friends are voting for trump more because they utterly despise clinton but the fact they are voting for trump rather then not voting puzzles me. I have no doubt trump is the sleazy misogynistic bigot he appears to be and the thought of women voting for him just seems off. Must be the first time in presidential campaigns that both candidates are probably the worst people each party could have representing them it's all very bizarre.

Old 04-11-2016, 23:46   #685
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

President Trump ..... just makes me laugh thinking about it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:03   #686
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Early voting finish in Nevada. They had to keep polling stations open because of the number of, largely, Latino voters voting. https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/794740175150514176
It looks like record levels of Hispanic voters by a long, long way.

Same thing in Florida: https://twitter.com/steveschale/stat...45859070164992
Old 05-11-2016, 09:31   #687
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Early voting finish in Nevada. They had to keep polling stations open because of the number of, largely, Latino voters voting. https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/794740175150514176
It looks like record levels of Hispanic voters by a long, long way.

Same thing in Florida: https://twitter.com/steveschale/stat...45859070164992
l think that bodes well for Clinton.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:55   #688
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l think that bodes well for Clinton.
People are grasping at whatever they want to see. The black vote isn't coming out like it did for Obama, more fool them. Suspect, just like shy Tories, there's a hidden Trump vote. People esp. Americans are usually more stupid than you think, and base their vote on all the wrong reasons (i.e. who they hate less). However I got the Brexit vote wrong so hopefully I'm wrong again
Old 05-11-2016, 12:10   #689
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
People are grasping at whatever they want to see. The black vote isn't coming out like it did for Obama, more fool them. Suspect, just like shy Tories, there's a hidden Trump vote. People esp. Americans are usually more stupid than you think, and base their vote on all the wrong reasons (i.e. who they hate less). However I got the Brexit vote wrong so hopefully I'm wrong again
There is an element of people looking into this how they want but Nevada especially looks very good for the Democrats because that state is largely done via Early voting.

The rest of it's up in the air. Lots of independent voters and new voters but who those new voters are is unknown. But they may not be 'shy Trump' voters: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/up...te-voters.html

Heres an article on it: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/05/us...T.nav=top-news

Also this is how 'dead people end up voting' http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...medium=twitter

they die after casting their ballots. R.I.P.

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

How Obama reacts to protesters is so much classier than how Trump does it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WGCEKmeVYQ
Old 05-11-2016, 14:42   #690
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Bill Clinton ???
In a certain light maybe?...

Closed Thread