Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 27-10-2016, 12:09   #511
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It should not be an issue if I choose to describe a candidate who is corrupt and for the record, Trump was not guilty of any threats to women, what he was caught saying in private, 11 years ago was tame in comparison to what I have heard blokes in Night Clubs discuss with their mates and also, what I have heard women say they would like to do to fit blokes they have seen on the dance floor. As for the 11 women who have come forward with all kinds of allegations, I am sure like Trump said, is fiction, orchestrated by the DNC campaign and the media to some extent.
Clinton hasn't been convicted of corruption either. If the defense of Trump's treatment of women is a lack of a criminal conviction and that the women making accusations are liars then why doesn't the defense hold for Clinton?
Advertisement
Old 27-10-2016, 14:08   #512
RizzyKing

I don't think it matters who gets elected president at this point as congress will make either of them lame duck presidents as they have obama for the last four years. Removing obamacare is not a damaging thing for trump as i haven't heard anything good from those americans i know about it they say it sounded good on the media but real world impact has been very little. One of them has a very bad experience of it after an industrial accident where the right treatment could have got her back to fully fit but because her insurance wasn't sufficient and attempt's to get help from obamacare got her nothing but forms filled and time wasted she's partially disabled.

Trump is a big screw you as far as many americans are concerned and i feel for them they worked, contributed many serving their country and what was their reward banks screwing up repossessing their homes the company's they worked for relocating to mexico or other countries to cut costs leaving them very little. Before 2008 most americans were relatively satisfied but after the level of resentment towards the establishment has sky rocketted to level's rarely seen anywhere. I don't think whether it's trump or clinton it isn't going to be the best thing for the US.

Old 27-10-2016, 14:12   #513
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
I don't think it matters who gets elected president at this point as congress will make either of them lame duck presidents as they have obama for the last four years..
The Presidenecy is still a very powerful position even with an obstructionist congress (and if it's a Republican congress they'll be less obstructionist). Obama has had a deal with Iran, opened up discussions with Cuba and pushed though a number of executive orders relating to climate change.

The next President will be choosing a Supreme Court Judge too. They'll be very powerful.
Old 27-10-2016, 15:58   #514
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Reminder (to everyone).

Please make sure you remain calm when posting, pause before replying if you have to, some remarks in the last page are a little OTT.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 27-10-2016, 18:15   #515
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Clinton hasn't been convicted of corruption either. If the defense of Trump's treatment of women is a lack of a criminal conviction and that the women making accusations are liars then why doesn't the defense hold for Clinton?
That's simple to answer, Clinton has, 30 years of Political Career History Damien. Trump does not have 30 years of Political Career History. We know he is not a career politician, certainly doesn't speak like one.

Regardless of Clinton not being convicted, it matters not that much, the Wikileak revelation emails clearly indicate corruption and it is not just questionable judgement's that have taken place in Hillary's favor, all a little bit too convenient that there was no convictions, because if there was, she would not be able to run for President.

Now lets ask one question why is there media bias in Hillary's favor, for example if Trump got hecklers at his rallies that he was forced to abandon the event, it would be on the news and stuff like that about Trump has been in the news, but if Hillary gets them, not one sniff.... Thank goodness for Youtube. This video only posted the other day.... was this in the mainstream news ? I didn't see a thing about it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ZjocCJhig
Old 27-10-2016, 19:09   #516
Mr Banana

Quote:
That's simple to answer, Clinton has, 30 years of Political Career History Damien. Trump does not have 30 years of Political Career History. We know he is not a career politician, certainly doesn't speak like one.

Regardless of Clinton not being convicted, it matters not that much, the Wikileak revelation emails clearly indicate corruption and it is not just questionable judgement's that have taken place in Hillary's favor, all a little bit too convenient that there was no convictions, because if there was, she would not be able to run for President.

Now lets ask one question why is there media bias in Hillary's favor, for example if Trump got hecklers at his rallies that he was forced to abandon the event, it would be on the news and stuff like that about Trump has been in the news, but if Hillary gets them, not one sniff.... Thank goodness for Youtube. This video only posted the other day.... was this in the mainstream news ? I didn't see a thing about it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1ZjocCJhig
??? I hear 1 guy shouting you are not welcome here.

Old 27-10-2016, 19:13   #517
RizzyKing

It does seem most of the mainstream media in the US is being very selective in the stories it runs on the candidates and i agree trump is probably more popular then polling suggests. I'm just not convinced he's that much more popular to get him into office but i think the election will be closer then some think. I'm not sure I'd shout corrupt in relation to clinton as there isn't enough out to fully back that but poor judgement is a valid charge and one she is guilty of, events in benghazi have certainly tainted her with the military and the email fiasco rumbles on and I'm not convinced there isn't more to that issue to come out.

I just feel sorry for the majority of americans who won't be represented by either choice and certainly are not comfortable voting for either one of them. Perhaps this will be the catalyst for a change in US politics as continuing down this path will lead nowhere good.

Old 27-10-2016, 19:52   #518
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
??? I hear 1 guy shouting you are not welcome here.
There is more than one person shouting, this is so evident. Enough to make HC have to abandon her discussions with the crowd, had this occurred at a Trump rally causing Trump to walk away, it would have been headline news, but nothing mentioned when it is Hillary.

It also looks like she is struggling to raise her voice over the noise of the protesters. Can't tell when this was from, but video was uploaded on 23rd, so might have been filmed recently.
Old 27-10-2016, 20:12   #519
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
None of those are things you learn not to say after many years of political life. There seems to be a double standard here. For example why is a video of someone working for a Super PAC saying the DNC was involved sufficient grounds to talk of impeachment but Trump himself saying he likes to grab women and you can get away with it if you're famous not? Why is Clinton corrupt for the alleged activities of her foundation but Trump, whose had more serious allegations relating to the foundation and a coming court case over Trump University, not?

Clinton is rightfully having her 30 years in politics examined but Trump seems excused from this business activities being examined because he isn't a politician until now. But they're both going for the same job.

If it's between crooked Clinton and crooked Trump then I'll for one who hasn't being going round making the kind of statements that Trump has.
Old 27-10-2016, 20:16   #520
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
There is more than one person shouting, this is so evident. Enough to make HC have to abandon her discussions with the crowd, had this occurred at a Trump rally causing Trump to walk away, it would have been headline news, but nothing mentioned when it is Hillary.

It also looks like she is struggling to raise her voice over the noise of the protesters. Can't tell when this was from, but video was uploaded on 23rd, so might have been filmed recently.
There was only one person shouting "your not welcome here" the rest where shouting Hilary .Seriously Mick i wouldn't be crossing any roads with those blinkers you're wearing ,you're gonna get hurt

Old 27-10-2016, 20:23   #521
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Hillary is no angel, but she is a politician, Trump is a ruthless business man and certainly no politician capable of running a country.

Had he been a senator? think might have been different.
Old 27-10-2016, 20:43   #522
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Hillary is no angel, but she is a politician, Trump is a ruthless business man and certainly no politician capable of running a country.

That's the big issue here ,the American public are in danger of putting a racist ,bigoted,sexist a hole with absolutely no experience in charge of the most powerful and influential country in the world .It won't end well

Old 27-10-2016, 20:55   #523
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

You're echoing boring Media soundbites.

Having the title 'Politician' doesn't necessarily mean your ace at being a Politician.
Old 27-10-2016, 20:57   #524
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Donald trump is rumour to have a TV channel lined up to launch called Trump.TV, but he didn't by the website.

But somebody else has

www.trump.tv
Old 27-10-2016, 20:57   #525
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
There was only one person shouting "your not welcome here" the rest where shouting Hilary .Seriously Mick i wouldn't be crossing any roads with those blinkers you're wearing ,you're gonna get hurt
No I won't. I stand defiant.

I repeat, there is two people shouting, a girl starts shouting first and then a young man chimes in accusing her of all kinds of shenanigans. Listen to it again.

Regardless if it is one, two or ten people, she had to abruptly end her talk with the crowd, so my point earlier about media bias still stands.
Closed Thread