Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unemployment is rising

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Unemployment is rising
Closed Thread

Old 14-03-2012, 18:52   #46
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Unemployment is rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
A job with a decent wage
How much (in £'s shillings and pence)is a decent wage according to you

Advertisement
Old 14-03-2012, 18:57   #47
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
How much (in £'s shillings and pence)is a decent wage according to you
Enough to have a comfortable lifestyle on!
Old 14-03-2012, 19:56   #48
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Enough to have a comfortable lifestyle on!
How much in actual figures, rather than non-specific generalisations, please?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 14-03-2012, 21:05   #49
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I'm paying the price for not working for 3 years because of looking after a relative who was ill. As soon as I got back into a job, I tore cartilage and ligament in my knee which has meant I now cannot do warehouse work again. I've applied for every job going, but with a big 3 year gap for when I looked after my relative I am getting nowhere.

I'd settle for a job that pays just over minimum wage.
Old 15-03-2012, 10:56   #50
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
How much in actual figures, rather than non-specific generalisations, please?
It depends on where you live, for example how high house prices and rail fares etc

The money to live a comfortable lifestyle on is higher in London and the Southeast than lets say the Northeast of England

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I'm paying the price for not working for 3 years because of looking after a relative who was ill. As soon as I got back into a job, I tore cartilage and ligament in my knee which has meant I now cannot do warehouse work again. I've applied for every job going, but with a big 3 year gap for when I looked after my relative I am getting nowhere.

I'd settle for a job that pays just over minimum wage.
Even those types of jobs are in short supply
Old 15-03-2012, 10:56   #51
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
It depends on where you live, for example how high house prices and rail fares etc

The money to live a comfortable lifestyle on is higher in London and the Southeast than lets say the Northeast of England
That doesn't really answer the question
Old 15-03-2012, 11:03   #52
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
I don't live in other places in the UK, so I don't' know what the prices in those arreas are, but lets take how much you have to earn to afford a morgage for example

Where I live you need to be a rather high earner

I would let workersa themselfs deside how much they need to earn to have a comfortable lifestyle and how they are going to get it
Old 15-03-2012, 11:03   #53
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
No l am still waiting for mine.
Old 15-03-2012, 11:08   #54
LexDiamond
Inactive

LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I don't live in other places in the UK, so I don't' know what the prices in those arreas are, but lets take how much you have to earn to afford a morgage for example

Where I live you need to be a rather high earner

I would let workersa themselfs deside how much they need to earn to have a comfortable lifestyle and how they are going to get it
How do you know your definition of 'comfortable living' is universal?
Old 15-03-2012, 11:11   #55
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
How do you know your definition of 'comfortable living' is universal?
I mean, how much do you have to earn before you have enought money to afford a comfortable lifestyle

What would it be for you?
Old 15-03-2012, 11:17   #56
LexDiamond
Inactive

Quote:
I mean, how much do you have to earn before you have enought money to afford a comfortable lifestyle

What is a comfortable lifestyle though? Does it include car ownership? What kind of car? Does it include eating out? Does it include huge tv in the lounge?
Old 15-03-2012, 11:18   #57
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

In the words of Jeremy Paxman - just answer the question, Alan...

Where you live, how much would people need to earn, after tax, to be 'comfortable'?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 15-03-2012, 11:21   #58
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Where you live, how much would people need to earn, after tax, to be 'comfortable'?
£432 per week?
Old 15-03-2012, 11:22   #59
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
£432 per week?
l wish.
Old 15-03-2012, 11:27   #60
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
What is a comfortable lifestyle though? Does it include car ownership? What kind of car? Does it include eating out? Does it include huge tv in the lounge?

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

Quote:

So you want be ask 60 million people (along with a lot of illegal immigrants) how much would they need to earn to have a comfortable lifestyle

I would also need to know the prices and other goods they buy as well, along with tranport costs, fuul bills and etc

How will I get all that info from that many people and people in hiding from the law?
Closed Thread