Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Getting Tivo - can I keep my V+ HD box for a bit?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Getting Tivo - can I keep my V+ HD box for a bit?

Old 19-06-2011, 08:26   #16
Another_Account
Inactive

Another_Account is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Getting Tivo - can I keep my V+ HD box for a bit?

I had the bottom one (now replaced by TiVo) and I have two of the top ones. If you are saying that they can't record I was misled when the 1st one was installed when I went VIP50 - although if I press the record button on the remote control (where it is present) I get a message telling me to to contact Virgin to activate the service?
Another_Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-06-2011, 11:52   #17
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

The message is only advertising V+, not saying that it can be activated.

It's a shame you didn't report the fault on the V+ separately, then keep it when the TiVo was installed. Unfortunately you seem to be stuck now unless anyone else has any ideas.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 17:07   #18
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post

or this
http://i.imgur.com/ekhdb.jpg

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 17:40   #19
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I always thought that the black/sliver design looked better than the all black version
Old 19-06-2011, 19:25   #20
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

The old TV Drives in silver look so dated we have one in work and with most modern equipment now black they would look out of place.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 19:31   #21
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I meant it context of the design of the STB itself i.e. the shape of the front panel works better with the contrasting colours rather than it being all black
Old 19-06-2011, 19:32   #22
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I meant it context of the design of the STB itself i.e. the shape of the front panel works better with the contrasting colours rather than it being all black
I knew what you meant which is why I never quoted you, just showing my dislike for those boxes.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 20:24   #23
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Wow, that's an old one. It doesn't even have a "TV Drive" button.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 23:14   #24
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Jonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of Quads

What should have happened is that the faulty v+ be swapped for the tivo.
The faulty v+ should then have been swapped for a good one and used to replace a v box in another room.

that way the customer get the V+ for free.
Jonnymeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2011, 23:51   #25
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

No the TiVo should replace the sd box and the v+ fixed
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 23:36   #26
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Jonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
No the TiVo should replace the sd box and the v+ fixed
Which is the shorter version of what i said :-)
Jonnymeg is offline   Reply With Quote