Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ex Directory

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Waiting for my phone line

Old 23-09-2008, 15:26   #1
mixxmixx
Inactive

mixxmixx is an unknown quantity at this point
Waiting for my phone line

I took up broadband with VM almost 3 months ago with a lady at a stand in the local shopping center. i signed some papers and agreed to take a 20mb connection for £20 a month i get my first bill that is saying i have to pay £40 i phoned VM and the man on the phone told me that i can only have the £20 for the 20mb connection if i take a free phone line with them. i was told this was no extra cost and i would just be billed for my calls.
anyway he told me that someone will be here on saturday 20th in the afternoon. so i did not go to my group that i attend for disabled people and waited for someone to wire me a phone line up and sat and waited all day.

it is now tuesday and i still do not have a phone line. and no one from VM has been.

i am on a low income and VM is a 0845 number to ring and i have no money to call them i cant go out the house as the risk of missing them when or if they come.

can anyone tell me if they tell me they will come saturday 20th what day they will come as now i feel upset by VM.

my broadband i have some issues with as i never get the 20mb i was told infact im lucky if i get 1mb service most of the time.

i just want this phone line on so that i can go out.
mixxmixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-09-2008, 15:37   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Waiting for my phone line

The only way you can get XL BBI for £20 is if you take to the phoneline @ £11, which means the total package price is £31

The cheapest BB standalone XL BB avaliable 3 months ago was £27 a month
Old 23-09-2008, 15:45   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Either you have missheard or misunderstood the sales talk at the shopping centre, or you were badly missold, based on the costings BenMcr has just posted.

If you are not getting even 1mb speeds and you are supposed to be on 20meg service, then I'd be considering ditching VM before you overrun the initial cancellation period. There is no point paying for 20 meg when you might as well only pay for the basic 2 meg cable.

Ultimately if they didn't turn up when they said to install the phone, the only way you'll know when that is going to happen is to call them again.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 16:19   #4
mixxmixx
Inactive

no you did not read my post correct. i have had a new bill for £20 for both phone line and broadband!!!! this come saturday when he was due to install my phone line. i am correct and i am being charged £20 im not here asking on my bill i just want my phone line promissed.

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

but do note virgin do a phone line and broadband for £20 thats a 20mb connection its £20 for first 6months and £31 after that.
even the paper work states this!!!!!

2 for £20 1x20mb broadband and 1x telephone line.

i get a 20mb connection if i do a speed test between 11pm and 7am but in the day it goes down....

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Either you have missheard or misunderstood the sales talk at the shopping centre, or you were badly missold, based on the costings BenMcr has just posted.

If you are not getting even 1mb speeds and you are supposed to be on 20meg service, then I'd be considering ditching VM before you overrun the initial cancellation period. There is no point paying for 20 meg when you might as well only pay for the basic 2 meg cable.

Ultimately if they didn't turn up when they said to install the phone, the only way you'll know when that is going to happen is to call them again.
how many times am i ment to phone VM why get told a date and time and no one turn up. i sat in all day waiting and it is wrong that some bimbo made me do it from VM. i have a bt phone line and had that connected on the day i ordered it. i did not want a virgin phone line but was told i get the 2 for £20 a month for first 6months i did phone in on my pay as you go mobile and was charged £4.36 for what i spend most of the time on hold. i cant keep paying for calls like that. that is like a weeks worth of broadband bill just to find out when VM will come out. i had the same with the install of the broadband 2 dates i was given and after the local disablity advise center contacted VM they come and did it on the next day and the guy said that the area manager told him to make this his first job and by the time he finished i had 4 guys here from VM just to dig a small line up in the garden and lay a cable.
do i have to pay for more calls just to ask why did they not come.. this is not far after i was given a date and time and stayed home when i could have gone and had some fun in the day.
Old 23-09-2008, 16:30   #5
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Actually VM's latest offer is £21 for the first 6 months (XL BB and phone) and then £31 for the rest of the year

Quote:
£10.00 a month for the first 6 months.
£20 a month after that.Add to basket

When you take a Virgin Phone line for £11 a month.
LINK

or £29 for 12months XL BB on it's own
LINK
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 16:36   #6
mixxmixx
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Actually VM's latest offer is £21 for the first 6 months (XL BB and phone) and then £31 for the rest of the year

LINK

or £29 for 12months XL BB on it's own
LINK
thats the offer i am on. but still waiting for my phone line to be installed.
4 men come and 4 vans 2months ago and yet none of them said they could install the phone line. im kinda upset as i am being billed for the phone line that i dont have!. so maybe they should be billing me £10 a month until i have the line installed but i just dont understand why its taking so long for the phone line.
Old 23-09-2008, 16:59   #7
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Talk to CS and explain the facts.. I'm sure that they could always take off the phone for you, put the bill up to £29 a month and then when you do get the phone installed charge you the full amount as you'll no longer be a new customer
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 18:10   #8
mixxmixx
Inactive

ok let me explain in a away you might understand.

oneday i was out shopping when a lady at a VM stand said to me. i can offer you 3 for £30 tv/broadband/telephone.
i explained how i had been a dish customer since the launch of bsb with the squar dish. later in time bsb was taken over by bskyb and all my dish was upgraded and still to date have the square dish on my house along with the old big dish and a mini dish. as it stands to date i can get anologue sky and sky digital. i have no need to for the television service. so i went for the phone line for £11 and broadband for £10. this on the contact states 1x 20mb broadband and 1x phone line. i am here 2months on without anyone installing the home phone. i had the garden dug up (small line) for a cable to go down and wire me up to VM. they 4 guys said that they was only doing the broadband and the telephone another team will do in a few days. i hav phoned VM around 10 times and i get new dates but on each new date no one comes to install the telephone now when i say telephone they have to putthe box in the house and wire it to the box in the street. i have phoned and phoned VM. all i get is dates without anyone turning up. it was agreed i pay £21 for the first 6months and £31 after that. my broadband is crap but have a poor connection but its better then nothing. what my post here today is about is WTF is my telelphone line and when is it gonna be installed.
does anyone know what is the best way to get this sorted as CS dont seem to want to help all they do is give me a new date and the date comes i sit in and no one turns up.... this has gone on for 2months.... my house is not hidden away and i have the cables already in my house but no phone socket on the wall. the cable they installed has the coaxal and telephone wires stuck next to each other.

SO IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN PLEASE REPLY ON WHAT ELSE I CAN DO... IF YOU FEEL YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT MY SPEED AND WHAT I SHOULD GET THEM MAKE A POST IN A DIFFRENT SECTION. I MADE THIS CALLED "WAITING FOR MY PHONE LINE" NOT "MY BROADBAND SPEED IS SLOW" OR "HOW MUCH IS IT MENT TO COST".....

PLEASE TIME WASTERS LEAVE THIS POST FREE OF YOUR USELESS INFO I WANT INFO ON HOW TO GET MY LINE I HAVE BEEN BILLED FOR THE LAST 2MONTHS"
Old 23-09-2008, 18:28   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Tried to keep things sane here, the only way that you can get this sorted is to find out why Virgin are having so much trouble installing the line.

It will be either due to no capacity to do so or because of a cable break. Capacity is a difficult one to solve and is usually only fixable if someone else disconnects a phone service.

A cable break should be easier to fix, unless there are some construction issues which may involve council permission to dig up the street.

Either way, you should have been told

You can fill out the online complaint form here www.virginmedia.com/contact which usually gets a reply within 48 hours. This should be able to give you an answer on what they can do for you
Old 23-09-2008, 18:31   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxmixx View Post
thank you for reading and being the only one that knows what he is talking about in a reply... you should apply to be a mod here. as the mods dont have a idea.
The mods here have a perfectly good idea how to run this forum. And how to remove troublemakers. Behave, unless you wish to receive a first-hand demonstration.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 18:37   #11
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

You may want to try using VM newsgroups. Instructions on how to set them up can be found here. The newsgroup you will need is Virginmedia.support.telephony. The technical support staff are UK based and can check what is happening about your phone line. I think they are on line until 10pm.
Old 23-09-2008, 18:44   #12
mixxmixx
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The mods here have a perfectly good idea how to run this forum. And how to remove troublemakers. Behave, unless you wish to receive a first-hand demonstration.
in regards to that comment. please read the post you have not given info on the subject requested you have gone on to sumit else.

im sure that i posted this about my phone line not bill hence the header.

i dont want trouble or make it i just want answers from people that might know how i can get my telephone line installed. HENCE THE HEADER OF THREAD.

It now feels that this forum is just as bad as VM at helping me with this on going issue.

and im sure you know how to run a forum like i do. but you do need to read what the subject is before you post as you post was not on the subject asked. make your own post for billing/...
Old 23-09-2008, 18:58   #13
zing_deleted

If you are worried about paying for your call to VM to get this sorted then if you google saynoto0870 and put the 0845 number in you will find an 0800 number . Hope this helps and manages to calm you down a bit
Old 23-09-2008, 19:06   #14
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
in regards to that comment. please read the post you have not given info on the subject requested you have gone on to sumit else.

im sure that i posted this about my phone line not bill hence the header.
Wrong. You also posted about your speed.

Quote:
my broadband i have some issues with as i never get the 20mb i was told infact im lucky if i get 1mb service most of the time.

Quote:
i dont want trouble or make it i just want answers from people that might know how i can get my telephone line installed. HENCE THE HEADER OF THREAD.
The "header" as you call it is not the only thing people read, and certainly not the only thing people will reply to. You posted about several things and all the answers have been relevant to your post.

Quote:
It now feels that this forum is just as bad as VM at helping me with this on going issue.
Well you are free to leave if you wish. I fail to see how that will help you though.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 19:06   #15
mixxmixx
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post
If you are worried about paying for your call to VM to get this sorted then if you google saynoto0870 and put the 0845 number in you will find an 0800 number . Hope this helps and manages to calm you down a bit
thank you for your helpfull post. i will seach for a toll free number.

i may have gone a bit OTT at the other mods but what my point is and it is getting to me is that VM have given me 9 diffrent dates and times but no one has turned up. i am disabled and dont get out much and it upset me the way i could not go to the day center a number of times as they just keep telling me dates to be home.

i will try the number seach and give them one last try and after that if no luck i will go back to BT.

thank you again for your help david