Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Store

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

New Store

Old 15-04-2008, 12:45   #16
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: New Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
Its not early. I am sure the store was always meant to go live today the 15th.
It was but then they said we would get it on the thursday the same as the content update day. They must of decided against it in the end.

Or I just mis-read the information sumwere. Either way its here now
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-04-2008, 17:16   #17
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
I dunno whats wrong with your store Stone m8. Mines working perfectly. Not slow, not missing images. Very easy to navigate. Maybe just with every1 downlading it at same time its putting a strain on network but saying that I got it in a matter of seconds.

Also we have got it early to. We were not meant to get it till 17th in Europe.

All in all I like it very very much. Its 10X better than the old store. Not that I dissliked that store in the first place but this is a majour improvment. Any1 else ? thoughts ?

EDIT** I think maybe we got it early due to us getting MGS:Online Beta on thursday. Thats probably gonna hit the network hard. CANT WAIT ! !
It was first thhing this moring since has been better.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 23:53   #18
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

My initial impression of the new store... crap.

Very slow, with images failing to load.

I want regular new content (like seemingly everywhere other than Europe already gets), not some pointless overhaul of the interface.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 00:12   #19
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

MGS:Online beta tomorrow but wont be playable till monday
Old 17-04-2008, 12:45   #20
Tod
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

Is anyone able to load all the icons for store content? Mine loads about three or 4 on a page, then that's it.

Not really that impressed with it to be honest.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 14:47   #21
icestar2
Inactive

Yep some icons dont load - we dont have a demo section like america and we dont have the preview button like america. Looks like we were shafted yet again in Europe. Same old Same old.
Old 18-04-2008, 10:06   #22
Tod
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

It does not even seem to cache the thumbnails, I went into the latest menu, waited an age for all the icons to load. Went to another section, then back to latest and had to wait for them to load again!
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2008, 10:17   #23
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I am sure I read somewhere on the net that Sony are aware of the slow store and lack of thumbnails. They advised that its just teething issues and heavy usage and should sort its self out eventually.
Old 18-04-2008, 16:06   #24
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
I am sure I read somewhere on the net that Sony are aware of the slow store and lack of thumbnails. They advised that its just teething issues and heavy usage and should sort its self out eventually.
Your probably right m8. The american site is running alot faster with all images loading in a matter for seconds for me. Guess its heavy usage because every1 is getting the MGS Beta in Europe.
Old 20-04-2008, 02:07   #25
icestar2
Inactive

Has any1 been able to get a name (Konami id) yet for MGS:Online ? I keep getting to the enter D.O.B and then it fail's loading next page. . . . .It gettin annoying now. Been 2 days and there site still dont work.
Old 20-04-2008, 19:03   #26
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Has any1 been able to get a name (Konami id) yet for MGS:Online ? I keep getting to the enter D.O.B and then it fail's loading next page. . . . .It gettin annoying now. Been 2 days and there site still dont work.
Probably won't be able to do it until tomorrow as thats when MGS:4 \online Beta will go live.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 20:52   #27
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Probably won't be able to do it until tomorrow as thats when MGS:4 \online Beta will go live.
Nope you can get the Konami Id and Game id from thursday m8. You will need it for when the game goes live tomorrow but its almost impossible. Site either goes down or you get a failure at a cetain page. Give it a try and let me know how you get on m8 this is the web address -

http://id.konami.net/

Note - You can also do it through the Konami portal in MGS if you've patched it yet.
Old 21-04-2008, 01:08   #28
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Cheers

Aye, linked to another thread, it utter twoddle. Can't get one.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote