Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Quickest way to get an install done?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Quickest way to get an install done?

Old 12-02-2010, 15:41   #1
Stouffer
Inactive

Stouffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quickest way to get an install done?

What would be the quickest way to get an install done?

I've recently had to move property, and after a quickcall to Virgin, they say the earliest I can get BB in my new place would be mid March. The thing is, I rely on this for work so need it as soon as possible. The move was very sudden, so haven't had time to prepare anything.

Is there anyway to try and secure an earlier installation? I know it's cheeky, but it is needed. And due to work, I require it asap. Sky have said a week at most, but I've never had any real issues with Virgin, so would like to stay with them if possible.
Stouffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2010, 16:05   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Quickest way to get an install done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stouffer View Post
What would be the quickest way to get an install done?

I've recently had to move property, and after a quickcall to Virgin, they say the earliest I can get BB in my new place would be mid March. The thing is, I rely on this for work so need it as soon as possible. The move was very sudden, so haven't had time to prepare anything.

Is there anyway to try and secure an earlier installation? I know it's cheeky, but it is needed. And due to work, I require it asap. Sky have said a week at most, but I've never had any real issues with Virgin, so would like to stay with them if possible.
Has the property had cable installed previously? Are there any Omni boxes on the wall?

You may be able to do self-install (Quick-start) if so.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 16:12   #3
Stouffer
Inactive

As far as I'm awarre, it'd have to be a fresh install
Old 12-02-2010, 16:22   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Business install? It'll speed things up but you will have to pay for it
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 16:24   #5
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
As far as I'm awarre, it'd have to be a fresh install
Ah, ok...2 weeks is the norm at the minute for a manned install then, sorry.
Old 12-02-2010, 16:59   #6
Stouffer
Inactive

2 weeks would have been alright, as I said, on the phone he said a month.

Business isn't an option, cash is tight due to the move and work wont pay, they just expect it, lol.

And sorted now anyway, thanks for all that. Ordered the phone + 50mb online, got an installation date of a week tomorrow, so can't complain. Although I have no doubt things will go wrong.
Old 12-02-2010, 17:27   #7
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Quote:
2 weeks would have been alright, as I said, on the phone he said a month.
He was managing your expectations, in reality it could well be 2 weeks for a fresh install. But you'd have to join the queue, and business rates get priority even if you run a business on a residential connection.
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 10:33   #8
Stouffer
Inactive

Well that's no good at all really. Just had an email saying the 24th. Not an unreasonable timescale in fairness, just a work day. After that, it's back to march.

Which has to make me question, why offer so many dates on the order form, that they can't fulfil? On the phone it was either 24th or 9th, website gave me lots of dates between those 2.
Old 13-02-2010, 13:24   #9
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Well that's no good at all really. Just had an email saying the 24th. Not an unreasonable timescale in fairness, just a work day. After that, it's back to march.

Which has to make me question, why offer so many dates on the order form, that they can't fulfil? On the phone it was either 24th or 9th, website gave me lots of dates between those 2.
Can you not take the day off? If you need it for work?