Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recording TV to USB

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Sold a duff phone on Ebay?

Old 01-08-2009, 19:35   #1
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze age
smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07
Sold a duff phone on Ebay?

Hi there,

I purchased this phone on Ebay for my mate. It's meant as a gift.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Item number 320403142700

However, what I received was a battered boxed version of some Chinese model, the Multimedia 950 TV. The seller is claiming he sent me the right product as it says "made in China" at the bottom of the listing. But come on, that's not clear, is it?

Any advice? I've contacted him, but he just said "hi,it is blackberry 9500,its made in china as explan on listing description,its got multimedia 950,tv ,cheers"

Helpful!
smicer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2009, 19:47   #2
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Re: Sold a duff phone on Ebay?

Use the disputes procedure:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/disputes.html
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 19:53   #3
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Hmmm, the only other items he has for sale are (cough) "sex aids" (cough)...

I'd contact PayPal and get my money back.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 19:59   #4
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by smicer07 View Post
Hi there,

I purchased this phone on Ebay for my mate. It's meant as a gift.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Item number 320403142700

However, what I received was a battered boxed version of some Chinese model, the Multimedia 950 TV. The seller is claiming he sent me the right product as it says "made in China" at the bottom of the listing. But come on, that's not clear, is it?

Any advice? I've contacted him, but he just said "hi,it is blackberry 9500,its made in china as explan on listing description,its got multimedia 950,tv ,cheers"

Helpful!
Maybe have a look on google and see if the models are the same? If they are the same theres not a lot you can do about it. Though he really should have made this more clear.
If the two aren't the same and the seller still won't budge I'd raise a paypal dispute (assuming you paid with paypal).
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 20:20   #5
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07

Yeah I paid with Paypal. The models are different I (I think?). It looks totally different to the pictures displayed on his auction. This is what I received, basically:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ143972816

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
Hmmm, the only other items he has for sale are (cough) "sex aids" (cough)...

I'd contact PayPal and get my money back.
I saw that- maybe I should tell him where he should shove them??!
Old 01-08-2009, 20:21   #6
Wayfair
Inactive

Services: Virgin tinterweb, Tivo with an extra large package 'oh yes' and a speaky thing...
Wayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze array
Wayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze array

They are two completely different things, send him one more email and then start the dispute procedure.
Wayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 20:22   #7
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Definitely different. One with 3.2MP camera and the other with 8 MP jumped out at me straight away.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 20:31   #8
smicer07
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfair View Post
They are two completely different things, send him one more email and then start the dispute procedure.
I've replied asking for a refund, if he says no I will start the dispute. Cheers for the info, I thought they were totally different.

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

He has replied saying he will refund the money as soon as he receives the phone back. What should I do?
Old 01-08-2009, 20:34   #9
Wayfair
Inactive

Services: Virgin tinterweb, Tivo with an extra large package 'oh yes' and a speaky thing...
Wayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze array
Wayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze array

Start the dispute, do not send him the phone until eBay / Paypal tell you to as they will hold your money so he can't have both.
Wayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 20:54   #10
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Is the phone you recieved new or used as the advert says new, so that's a start for your dispute procedure
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 00:05   #11
swoop101
cf.mega poster

swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal
swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal

this bit screws him over completely

quote: The seller, rap_uk, assumes full responsibility for the content of this listing and the item offered.
swoop101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:38   #12
zing_deleted

Isn't the fact that he is offering a Blackberry Storm 9500 and you get a TV 950 enough for it to be fraud /receiving cash by deception ?

He does not say its like a Blackberry Storm 9500 he says it is
Old 02-08-2009, 10:26   #13
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

That's an expensive phone to buy a mate as a gift

So you do have my address? I'll look forward to getting my chinese phone
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:41   #14
swoop101
cf.mega poster

swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal
swoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appealswoop101 has a bronzed appeal

This is what he has sent you.
http://www.b2cstock.com/blackberry-9...one_p7165.html
so it is definately NOT a blackberry

take the **** to the cleaners
swoop101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:05   #15
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

This is exactly the reason why i never use Escam sorry Ebay

Hope you get your money back. Take the scumbag to the cleaners

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote