Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | connect v+ box to 2 tv's

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

upgrade old box

Old 04-12-2011, 19:34   #1
dnh
Inactive

Services: virgin v+xl xl bb xl phone
dnh is an unknown quantity at this point
upgrade old box

Hi my mom has an old silver samsung box (not the hd 1) could i get this upgraded to the v hd box? If so what does it cost or is she better saying the box is playing up and hoping they send a v hd box for nothing?
dnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2011, 19:42   #2
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: upgrade old box

£20 postage is all you pay, the box itself is free http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...de-to-vhd.html
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 19:56   #3
funkyCable
THE FUNKIEST ON THE BOARD

Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05 TV XL services 2MB BROADBRAND UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE V+ Service (Since 18
funkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nice

just literally "brick" it then call Customer service and tell them its broke and ask them to come fix it.

£20 dpesn't sound to bad. Its a pity they dont stock them at the virgin media stores where people could buy them, pick them up and replace there boxes themselves.
funkyCable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 20:05   #4
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

wont they replace like for like or don't they replace the grey briefcases anymore? do VM still have V+ boxes?
Old 04-12-2011, 20:08   #5
funkyCable
THE FUNKIEST ON THE BOARD

Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05 TV XL services 2MB BROADBRAND UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE V+ Service (Since 18
funkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nice

thenry well they have my v+ box which they took of me on Friday
funkyCable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 22:34   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

engineers still get issued silver Samsungs, it will be like for like and possibly a £99 charge for bricking the box
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 17:56   #7
thenry
Inactive

finally got rid of my grey briefcase today for a new box
Old 01-05-2012, 19:33   #8
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Don't you have to pay HD activasion, even to get the basics such as BBC HD etc?
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 19:35   #9
thenry
Inactive

no
Old 01-05-2012, 19:38   #10
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Nice one, might get my mum one, is that all you do ring up pay £20 and it's all activated?
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 19:42   #11
thenry
Inactive

yup. they might send out a tech. you can ask for a self install. youll have to use the package box to return the old box if you get a self install sent out. theres instructions within the package.

heads up.. open the box via the pull back strip then seal the box taking off the protector strip over the glue under the flap where you pulled off the strip to get into the box.
Old 14-05-2012, 16:27   #12
thenry
Inactive

I sent back my old box via collectplus when receiving my upgrade box. I got the receipt with the tracking ID. I've tried tracking it but it says...

is it safe to say its been returned and I can get rid of the return info stuff?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cpreturn.JPG (24.5 KB, 64 views)
Old 14-05-2012, 16:42   #13
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yup
Old 14-05-2012, 19:52   #14
thenry
Inactive

thanks Ben