Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pensions - no wonder there are strikes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Pensions - no wonder there are strikes

Old 07-03-2012, 12:02   #61
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Pensions - no wonder there are strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Whereas you just need to think full stop!

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

It's like arguing with a child isn't it.....
The only people who argue like children are people who defend and promote a failed economic, social and poltical system

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
And in Alan's fantasy world, he will be a communist dictator
For GOD SAKE, I am not a communist
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2012, 12:03   #62
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

They are not defending anything - they are challenging your nonsensical postings.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:05   #63
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
So are all the pension companies (Teachers, NHS, Local Government) and Unite (and Unison, who say the same thing on their website) lying? Because their facts appear to contradict the FBU facts.

So I am misunderstanding the 60/68 statement - can you help clarify it, please - will firemen retire at 60, or not?
Each union talks about things that concern their members. Firefighters are in a completely different situation to teachers, NHS, local government workers, etc..

So what your union tells you will apply to you. Don't try and apply what the FBU say to yourself, because that simply won't work.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:07   #64
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Apparently I just don't get it.

Well I'd be severely worried about my sanity if any of his 'arguments' made sense to me...

Anyway his reluctance to redistribute some of his wealth to the poor are duly noted and should be borne in mind each time we're subjected to one of his sermons....
I pay all my taxes and I have made it clear why I do not give to charity, becuase it does not make a diffence, becuase so much money is wasted on corruption etc

This is nothing more that a attempt by the defenders of a failed system to move the agurement away from the real issues!

The trouble with you lot is that you are lying to yourselfs!

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

Quote:
No Alan, your plan is in cloud cukoo land, along with your airport.
The only people on cloud cukoo land are defenders of a failed economic, social and poltical system

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
They are not defending anything - they are challenging your nonsensical postings.
The only people with nonsensical postings are defenders of a failed system
Old 07-03-2012, 12:09   #65
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
For GOD SAKE, I am not a communist
Most of your rants promote communist ideals. In fact even Twitter has 'The Communist Party UK' as 'Similar to Alan Fry'.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:12   #66
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Most of your rants promote communist ideals. In fact even Twitter has 'The Communist Party UK' as 'Similar to Alan Fry'.
Yes, but I do not 100% agree with them, like sending people to prison camps, freedom of speech and the fact they are against Israel and these days they are now with Islamists (e.g. Respect)

I am not a Communist, Facist or any other form of poltical and relgious extremism!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:14   #67
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I pay all my taxes and I have made it clear why I do not give to charity, becuase it does not make a diffence, becuase so much money is wasted on corruption etc

This is nothing more that a attempt by the defenders of a failed system to move the agurement away from the real issues!

The trouble with you lot is that you are lying to yourselfs!

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

The only people on cloud cukoo land are defenders of a failed economic, social and poltical system

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

The only people with nonsensical postings are defenders of a failed system
Nobody is defending the failed economic system. You need to get that into your head Alan. But there are ways of doing things that would work, and there are ways that won't. And you have to use common sense to work out which will work...something you don't seem to use with many of your ideas.

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

Quote:
Yes, but I do not 100% agree with them, like sending people to prison camps, freedom of speech and the fact they are against Israel and these days they are now with Islamists (e.g. Respect)
You are talking about one communist country, not communist ideals. But many of your rants follow communits ideals.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:14   #68
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Here's a novel idea, when you're next allowed out to play why not go find some homeless or needy people and give to them direct? Food, clothing, anything they need. Give them somewhere to sleep in your house even.....or is that too open to 'corruption' for you? You're successful, practice what you preach and share your wealth.

BTW I don't suppose your 'world government' would be in any way subject to corruption would it? I mean there'd be no opposition, nobody to blow the whistle or stand in opposition. Sounds like a perfect recipe for nepotism and corruption to me.......
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:17   #69
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Here's a novel idea, when you're next allowed out to play why not go find some homeless or needy people and give to them direct? Food, clothing, anything they need. Give them somewhere to sleep in your house even.....or is that too open to 'corruption' for you? You're successful, practice what you preach and share your wealth.

BTW I don't suppose your 'world government' would be in any way subject to corruption would it? I mean there'd be no opposition, nobody to blow the whistle or stand in opposition. Sounds like a perfect recipe for nepotism and corruption to me.......
Old 07-03-2012, 12:17   #70
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Nobody is defending the failed economic system. You need to get that into your head Alan. But there are ways of doing things that would work, and there are ways that won't. And you have to use common sense to work out which will work...something you don't seem to use with many of your ideas.

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

You are talking about one communist country, not communist ideals. But many of your rants follow communits ideals.
I am talking about the Far-Left in gernral (most of which are also anti-EU) not the the Communist Party of the UK

I do not want to abolish Capitlism and Democracy, but they should be radically reformed!

The only people without common sense are defenders of a failed system
Old 07-03-2012, 12:18   #71
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I am not a Communist, Facist or any other form of poltical and relgious extremism!
Who said anything about religion???

Although you are an extremist, as your Twitter and Facebook posts clearly show.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:21   #72
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

Yes with all those rants, insults, incitements and hypocritical ramblings, how on earth does he find time to run that massive transport organisation he's in charge of I wonder?

(unless of course it's really just a trainset on his bedroom floor...... )
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:27   #73
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yes with all those rants, insults, incitements and hypocritical ramblings, how on earth does he find time to run that massive transport organisation he's in charge of I wonder?

(unless of course it's really just a trainset on his bedroom floor...... )
I think you have hit the nail on the head

His idea of a world goverment is for a model world in his bedroom. And I've just figured out something....he only has room for one airport in his bedroom.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:30   #74
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:

I do give money to the homeless and direct them to charities, but the money of the rich will make a much bigger diffrence tham me alone

Also under a "World government" I will make it clear that we are in power not for our sake, nut for the sake for Humans and Earth. There will still be a independent media (all under the BBC), if they find sometihng wrong, they can report it

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Quote:

I am not a extremist, i have not anything in relation to communism and facism, all I have said Is that we need radcial reform to democracy and capitalism via democratic means or not
Old 07-03-2012, 12:30   #75
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The only people without common sense are defenders of a failed system
Nobody in here is defending either this government, or even the provious government. In fact if you follow many peoples posts you will see that most of us realise how we got into this mess.

However none of us are suggesting violence, murder, riots, or terrorism, unlike you do.