Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

Old 03-02-2012, 10:46   #16
tycho
Inactive

tycho is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybrock View Post
Does anyone know the fee for upgrading to Tivo on mates rates.
It's the standard Mates Rates price plus £3.

Standard mates rates is:-
TV XL
V+ Box
Second VHD Box
30MB BB
Phone with unlimited calls to UK landlines 24/7
Talk International + Talk Mobile bundles

for £38 per month.

I upgraded both of the boxes on the deal to Tivo's instead and get all the above for £41 per month (that was before the charge went from per account to per box).
tycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2012, 22:16   #17
andybuk99
Inactive

andybuk99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm on mates rates from about 2 years ago. I have the vip package with 20mb bb with a v+ downstairs and a standard box upstairs (completly useless quality). I want to upgrade to Tivo and increase the bb and have either our old v+ box upstairs or an hd box. I called Virgin and explained all this but they said I wouldnt be able to do it and I would lose my mates rates discount if I changed the package! I am just in the process of getting my mate to re apply for me, not sure what the outcome will be though.
andybuk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 00:22   #18
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycho View Post
It's the standard Mates Rates price plus £3.

Standard mates rates is:-
TV XL
V+ Box
Second VHD Box
30MB BB
Phone with unlimited calls to UK landlines 24/7
Talk International + Talk Mobile bundles

for £38 per month.

I upgraded both of the boxes on the deal to Tivo's instead and get all the above for £41 per month (that was before the charge went from per account to per box).
Out of interest, how will the April 1st price increase affect this please?

Many thanks

MrB
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 18:47   #19
andybrock
Inactive

andybrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybuk99 View Post
I'm on mates rates from about 2 years ago. I have the vip package with 20mb bb with a v+ downstairs and a standard box upstairs (completly useless quality). I want to upgrade to Tivo and increase the bb and have either our old v+ box upstairs or an hd box. I called Virgin and explained all this but they said I wouldnt be able to do it and I would lose my mates rates discount if I changed the package! I am just in the process of getting my mate to re apply for me, not sure what the outcome will be though.
I have just upgraded form original Mate Rates(20mb/V+ and HD box upstairs) to VIP50.Strange thing is when I enquired the CS said it couldnt be done and would I send an invoice from a friend who has this deal!!!!
Rung the following week and it was arranged there and then,very odd!!
Havnt upgraded to Tivo as an install fee was required and I declined.
Good luck
andybrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 19:37   #20
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

I'd like a mate!
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 20:24   #21
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
I'd like a mate!
If you already have all the services it will not work. You must be adding a product

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 22:06   #22
MrB
cf.addict

When I had TiVo added to my standard Triple XL mates rates £38.01 deal I just phoned Retentions and they were able to do it (I had been told by the mates rates person to call retentions and ask them to contact mates rates to call back, but retrntions chap said it was unnecessary as they were now able to deal with it). This was back in October/November. So currently £41.01 but going up £3.50 in April - so much for having a contract/price honoured!

MrB
Old 22-02-2012, 22:16   #23
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
When I had TiVo added to my standard Triple XL mates rates £38.01 deal I just phoned Retentions and they were able to do it (I had been told by the mates rates person to call retentions and ask them to contact mates rates to call back, but retrntions chap said it was unnecessary as they were now able to deal with it). This was back in October/November. So currently £41.01 but going up £3.50 in April - so much for having a contract/price honoured!

MrB
Still a good deal for a customer IMO
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 22:58   #24
MrB
cf.addict

Thumbs down Re: Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Still a good deal for a customer IMO
I'm not disputing that it is a good deal and am very grateful to my mate. But it is not unreasonable to expect that when you agree an 18 month contract for £41.01 that it should be honoured at that price for the contract period you are tied to. I cannot renegotiate until the end of my contract as I have agreed to take the services and the price for that period, which are the key elements of the contract.

I know there is a get out option in the contract for this price rise but why should I leave rather than have my contract price honoured?

I know what I am sayIng is not an isolated view when you look at all the discussion boards online - this rise has created a lot of dissatisfaction.

All the best.

MrB
Old 03-03-2012, 17:01   #25
MrB
cf.addict

... So did anyone on Mates Rates manage to get out of the rise?

And does anyone know, do you have to keep Talk Mobile and Unlimited (would removing then remove mates rates discount)?

Many thanks

MrB
Old 03-03-2012, 17:15   #26
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

No, mates rates is the best rate you can get
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 00:37   #27
JDavies
Inactive

JDavies is an unknown quantity at this point

How exactly can a person get mate rates and when are these available? I am trying to leave SKY for VM, but the current online offers are still a bit on the high side. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
JDavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 00:42   #28
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Mates Rates are only available to friends of Virgin Media staff
Old 13-04-2012, 01:50   #29
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point

If you see a guy in VM van or get a visit from a VM tech offer him £20 and hey presto you go mates rates.

---------- Post added at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
I'm not disputing that it is a good deal and am very grateful to my mate. But it is not unreasonable to expect that when you agree an 18 month contract for £41.01 that it should be honoured at that price for the contract period you are tied to. I cannot renegotiate until the end of my contract as I have agreed to take the services and the price for that period, which are the key elements of the contract.

I know there is a get out option in the contract for this price rise but why should I leave rather than have my contract price honoured?

I know what I am sayIng is not an isolated view when you look at all the discussion boards online - this rise has created a lot of dissatisfaction.

All the best.

MrB
Would the contract you want honored be the one that clearly stated VM could raise their prices at anytime? An also lets you cancel if they do raise the price?

Some people eh.
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 08:14   #30
MrB
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly Bear View Post
If you see a guy in VM van or get a visit from a VM tech offer him £20 and hey presto you go mates rates.

---------- Post added at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:47 ----------

Would the contract you want honored be the one that clearly stated VM could raise their prices at anytime? An also lets you cancel if they do raise the price?

Some people eh.
Sorry, I forgot, you break the rules on here when you say anything against Virgin Media. It is not unreasonable to expect if you sign an 18 month contract that the price doesn't go up by above inflation a few months later. It is a lot of hassle moving services around, making arrangements for install etc so people should not have to move or jump through hoops to get their agreed price honoured, as the price and services are two key elements of the contract agreed.

Some people eh? More money than sense if you don't query price rises and just accept what big businesses do to you.

MrB