Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

Old 17-10-2010, 13:36   #46
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

Well on the letters sent to Customers it's £125
Old 17-10-2010, 15:26   #47
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Changing an HD is not illegal, therefore there is no reason it cannot be discussed.

As long as anyone who does such a thing should is aware its against their contract T&C's then thats their choice to suffer any action VM may take.

Im also wondering what any of this has to do with the actual topic.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 15:28   #48
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Sorry My fault for it going off-topic.. it was though part of the topic in discussion to larger HDD sizes needed in V+ boxes as to the 1TB rumour..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 10:06   #49
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I am sure once TiVo launches VM will put a much larger HDD in the new STB and it will probably be 1TB.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:21   #50
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Looks like something could be happening in the next 24 hours about the 1TB box?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../152011/page/2
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 18:15   #51
Jameseh

Would the supposed fee be the same for people upgrading to a V+HD box (from V or VHD) and from (what would be) the older V+HD?
Old 01-11-2010, 18:25   #52
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Nobody knows anything about the pricing yet. Everybody is waiting for all the possible info on this.
Old 02-11-2010, 13:24   #53
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Looks like something could be happening in the next 24 hours about the 1TB box?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../152011/page/2
Well, 24 hours later and no news...
mentalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 14:52   #54
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalis View Post
Yes i know i thought with what the admin said there may have been something in it

That teaches me to jump the gun.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:13   #55
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Copied from the Coming Soon thread courtesy of user Horizon

TIVO announcement:

Press release in full:

03/11/10

Virgin Media announces details of new TiVo-powered next generation connected TV service

* New HD/3D set top box will offer 1TB of personal storage
* Thousands of hours of TV on Demand instantly available
* Dedicated internal modem to bring internet services and apps direct to TV

Virgin Media today announced the first details of its upcoming TiVo-powered HD/3D set top box which will give customers a whopping 1 TeraByte of storage for personal recordings. The new HD/3D set top box will launch alongside Virgin Media’s new TiVo-powered next generation connected TV service scheduled for later this year, and will be capable of storing up to 500 hours of content. When coupled with Virgin Media’s pioneering TV on Demand service, the new service will give UK consumers unrivalled access to over 4,600 hours of TV shows, movies and music videos, including hundreds of hours of HD and 3D entertainment, plus catch up TV from the terrestrial broadcasters, all available instantly.

Powered by Virgin Media’s unique fibre optic network, the box will also feature its own dedicated internal modem able to deliver HD video and other online services without impacting customers’ regular broadband connections. As a result, Virgin Media’s new TiVo-powered service will not only be able to deliver linear TV alongside an unbeatable instant TV on demand offering but will also be able to support compelling online video in HD straight to customers’ TVs without having to sacrifice other online activities when in use.

Competitors’ ‘connected TV’ products rely on just one central broadband connection, typically DSL, making it difficult for families to watch online TV or TV on Demand and take advantage of the internet at the same time. With Virgin Media, a typical family enjoying the new TiVo-powered TV service alongside Virgin Media's ultrafast 50Mb broadband connection will be able to enjoy a seamless experience with incredible connectivity, allowing the whole family to watch, surf, and play, all at the same time without compromise.

Cindy Rose, executive director of digital entertainment at Virgin Media, said: “Virgin Media’s next generation connected TV service - powered by TiVo - and combined with our superior broadband will blow other ‘connected TV’ products out of the water. We’re really proud of our new next-generation TV service which will appeal to anyone and everyone looking for the best of live broadcast TV, catch up, on demand and internet apps and services.”

Virgin Media and TiVo announced plans to join forces in November 2009. Virgin Media and TiVo have developed a unique converged television and interactive service bringing UK consumers the best in TV entertainment, be it broadcast, on demand or online.

Further details of pricing and availability will be announced in due course. For more information on Virgin Media products and services visit: www.virginmedia.com.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:30   #56
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

I can't wait to get rid of my SA box, I actually HATE (yes strong I know) it!

So with 'frustrating slow' on my mind does anyone know the current state of the Tivo Premiere software? I know at launch it wasn't exactly speedy, have they patched it up now?
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:10   #57
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalis View Post
One day out
Old 03-11-2010, 12:14   #58
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Does anybody know yet whether only one cable is needed for both TV and Internet based content via the integral modem? Or does the integral modem (within the casing) actually have a seperate port and so 2 cables are required. Hopefully not but just wondering.

Definitelly going to upgrade my SA V+ to TIVO when available.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:42   #59
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Just one cable. In fact all VM STBs include a cable modem, so this is nothing new.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:55   #60
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
I can't wait to get rid of my SA box, I actually HATE (yes strong I know) it!

So with 'frustrating slow' on my mind does anyone know the current state of the Tivo Premiere software? I know at launch it wasn't exactly speedy, have they patched it up now?
If I had a bit I'd be chomping on it to get this box to replace my SA V+. If my box is anything to go by I'd imagine there are quite a few people who will think the same way.
mentalis is offline   Reply With Quote