Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HD is overrated

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Am I paying too much for the service

Old 07-07-2009, 20:42   #1
issbill
Inactive

issbill is an unknown quantity at this point
Am I paying too much for the service

I am new to this site, I am sure this has been asked plenty of times.

I have Virgin Media's XL service, that is it, nothing added nothing like phone line etc. I looked on the VM website and it seems to be that I should be paying about £36 pm. However I guess this is too attract customers. I have been with NTL previous to the takeover and have been a customer for about 9 years. I am currently paying £56 pm. Is this way more then I should be? Could you provide any help also how to reduce this if it is too much.
issbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2009, 20:49   #2
akki007
Inactive

Services: TiVo XL, L BB, L Phone
akki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to allakki007 is a name known to all
Re: Am I paying too much for the service

Phone CS. Kick up a sticking fuss
akki007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 20:54   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

XL what though?

Can you post a breakdown of your bill?
Old 07-07-2009, 21:14   #4
soicky
Inactive

soicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to allsoicky is a name known to all

hard to read but i take it you only have xl broadband from virgin, could you please confirm all the services you have taken out with virgin.
soicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 23:10   #5
issbill
Inactive

I will write a reply tomorrow once I am home again, to try and make it as clear as possible.

I have the XL tv package, that's it, but as I say I will write what it says on my bill when I get home tomorrow
Old 08-07-2009, 05:49   #6
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
XL what though?

Can you post a breakdown of your bill?
He could have extra set-top-boxes, and also if he has he could well be paying the NTL charge of £14.95pm for each one instead of the £9.95pm VM charge.
Either way £56pm is plainly wrong if he is receiving only TV-XL, for that price he could be getting XL-TV, XL-BB and XL-Phone and still be getting change from £56pm!!!!
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 21:55   #7
issbill
Inactive

Either way £56pm is plainly wrong if he is receiving only TV-XL

This what I needed to know, can you guys tell me how much I should be paying?
Old 08-07-2009, 21:57   #8
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

If all your getting is the TV service, then yes, you're paying too much. Unless you have about 4 extra boxes, which I doubt.
Nook29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 22:11   #9
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

issbill, you haven't maybe added Sky Sports and Movies?

It would be easier to see what was happening if we could see what it says on your bill under the heading Service Charges.
Old 08-07-2009, 22:18   #10
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

TV-XL is £21.50pm thats if you add £11pm for M-Phone. But I cant find the price of just TV-XL on its own, I'm sure Ben can tell us or one of the other VM employee's.
Either way it would be helpful if you were to post the details of your last bill issbill, obviously blanking out your personal details then you'd get a definitive answer.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 15:24   #11
issbill
Inactive

Okay I got my latest bill today I am paying as follows

TV Size XL £34
Paper Bill Charge £1.25
Movies 4,5 Sports 1,2 £26
and there is a deduction on VAT (£1.30)

So total bill £59.95

Is there any other info I need to give
Old 09-07-2009, 15:28   #12
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Ok so the error there is that you are paying £34 for XL tv when you should be paying £27.50 for XL standalone (I think - can't remember the exact price offhand)

The rest is correct

You have Sky Sports and Movies which is an extra cost - it is not part of XL tv
Old 09-07-2009, 16:22   #13
issbill
Inactive

Guys, I would like to thank you for your help, with the confidence gained from here I phoned them up and have gained myself a £6.50 reduction per month on my bill. All thanks to you guys.
Old 09-07-2009, 16:36   #14
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by issbill View Post
Guys, I would like to thank you for your help, with the confidence gained from here I phoned them up and have gained myself a £6.50 reduction per month on my bill. All thanks to you guys.
Glad to hear you got it sorted out.
Nook29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 22:39   #15
indie1982
Inactive

Services: M Phone, XL BB, XL TV and 2 SA V+
indie1982 will become famous soon enoughindie1982 will become famous soon enoughindie1982 will become famous soon enough

So had they been charging you the wrong price for standalone XL?

If you had, what about the refund for all the months you'd been over paying?
indie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote