Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:29   #751
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Comedy Central is having an Freeview month on the M package until the 4th of May.

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha ETC user View Post
Does anybody know an exact date when Alpha ETC Punjabi will be coming to ex-telewest areas as well as all other ex-ntl Channels?

It has dragged on for a while now and it's getting a bit annoying waiting for it.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Sorri forgot to mention that Alpha ETC Punjabi is now called Zee Punjabi
---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbs View Post
I thought a deal had been signed for Channel 4HD, i recall seeing about it few weeks ago but still nothing on when its coming ?

The latest I have is on my list in post one.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2009, 14:51   #752
Fred Fish
Inactive

Services: Virgin VIP
Fred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really nice
Wink Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbs View Post
I thought a deal had been signed for Channel 4HD, i recall seeing about it few weeks ago but still nothing on when its coming ?
I think you will find that will be when Old Nick buys himself a set of snow shoes
Old 06-04-2009, 15:37   #753
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

This weeks list update now online see post one.

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

It look like ''Zee Gujarati'' and ''Zee Radio'' will not launch on Virgin Media after all as Zee Network are to axe the both of them on Sky from April 30th.

Info from media247.co.uk
Old 06-04-2009, 16:14   #754
KnightRider
Inactive

Services: 2 Samsung Tivo's, XL tv, Sky Sports Pack
KnightRider is on a distinguished roadKnightRider is on a distinguished road

Any news if VM are doing a deal with A & E to broadcast Military History in the near future as they are in talks with them for HD channels. I know its a separate contract but as there in the same room talking logic would be to discuss the matter.
Old 06-04-2009, 16:23   #755
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Any news if VM are doing a deal with A & E to broadcast Military History in the near future as they are in talks with them for HD channels. I know its a separate contract but as there in the same room talking logic would be to discuss the matter.
I have not been told anything new since last month.

Dr. Who update:

Dr. Who will be broadcasted on Saturday and next Monday (Not Sunday as posted in my list).
Old 06-04-2009, 16:58   #756
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Dr. Who update:

Dr. Who will be broadcasted on Saturday and next Monday (Not Sunday as posted in my list).
It is in fact three showings over the weekend.

Saturday on BBC One at 6.45pm. This broadcast will be simulcast with the BBC HD channel.

A second showing on BBC Three at 7pm on Easter Sunday.

The final showing will be on BBC One on Easter Monday at 5pm
Old 09-04-2009, 11:51   #757
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Eurosport 2 (Channel 525) is now broadcasting in widescreen.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:10   #758
Fred Fish
Inactive

Fred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really niceFred Fish is just really nice

Quote:
Eurosport 2 (Channel 525) is now broadcasting in widescreen.
Not on mine it isnt......

Just switched over to live european hocky and it isnt in wide screen.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:24   #759
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Some european channels do not broadcasted in widescreen and Eurosport is using an local TV network to broadcast the game.
Old 10-04-2009, 13:01   #760
Fred Fish
Inactive

Quote:
Some european channels do not broadcasted in widescreen and Eurosport is using an local TV network to broadcast the game.
Ahh... it all becomes crystal clear. Thanks, as ever.
Old 10-04-2009, 16:28   #761
KnightRider
Inactive

Services: 2 Samsung Tivo's, XL tv, Sky Sports Pack
KnightRider is on a distinguished roadKnightRider is on a distinguished road

Watch TV Channel has changed their DOG logo BIG BIG Eyeball
Old 12-04-2009, 10:34   #762
Thebenster
Inactive

Services: XL Virgin TV, 2MB Virgin Broadband & Freeview
Thebenster is on a distinguished roadThebenster is on a distinguished road

UKTV unveils Home and Really in latest phase of its rebrand

30 April- UKTV to launch 'Home'
19 May- UKTV to launch 'Really'

UKTV Gardens will be axed with some of the programming moved to Home.

Incidentally, the tagline for 'Really' is 'you couldn't make it up'.

UKTV Food is expected to rebrand this quarter.

http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/89...e-its-rebrand/
Old 12-04-2009, 10:57   #763
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebenster View Post

This news has been posted before see my list on page one in post one and here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34760916-post592.html
Old 12-04-2009, 17:08   #764
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Exclamation Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
=== Rumoured/Hope/No news in months ===
Virgin Media are rumoured to be set sell all of their ''Virgin Media Television'' as well as 50% of ''UKTV'' channels off to other Broadcasters.
Hmm! Not sure how I feel about that. It depends on who might take them over. I think 'better the devil you know' as I would hate to see drastic changes to the programming on most of these channels. Any thoughts?
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Old 13-04-2009, 02:20   #765
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebenster View Post

Who on earth comes up with the names for these old UKTV channels?? I'm imagining some executive sitting in a meeting telling the advertisers that he wants something "cutting edge", "pro-active" something "out of left field".
Then after all this blue sky thinking they come up with...Watch, Really and Yesterday.
I wonder how much all this "out of the box" thinking cost them?
Closed Thread