Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | disability living allowance

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

disability living allowance

Old 16-08-2009, 22:29   #16
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: disability living allowance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAROLWHITIE View Post
Some really good stuff can be found here.

Benefits and Work Publishing Ltd
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk
Company registration No. 5962666..

Please remember to take the gloves off when dealing with the DWP they are out to screw you in any event. Already they are openly abusing your Human Rights be subjecting you to degrading treatment as most of their doctors are already bought and paid for.
Helluva bump, after four and a half years, from a first time post advertising chargeable services.....
Quote:
A subscription costs just £18.55 for a full year
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2009, 22:44   #17
CAROLWHITIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas t View Post
it's just a shame the site feeds of people by charging them for a service that the cab and most decent local charaties or sites like moneysavingexpert will provide for free.

This site is, in my opninion, no better than the people it /claims/ to have a problem with.

you get some good free advisory emails. I don't subscribe to this site's bb nor would i.
Old 16-08-2009, 22:48   #18
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666 View Post
i know this has been touched on before but i kinda wanted a standalone thread about it , i had a medical the other week for industrial injuries benefit and for the second time i have been classed as 40% disabled , anyway , i have been turned down twice already for dla and was wondering if anyone had experience of going after dla repeatedly until they got it ??? , all ithoughts and ideas appreciated
You need to focus on the point you "need" care. DLA is being replaced with ESA..
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 22:50   #19
CAROLWHITIE

Shame so many negative responses to what was meant as a well intentioned post./ This site is nothing to do with me but the free email advices are worth their weight in gold.

I do not advertise anything for anyone not even for myself.
Old 16-08-2009, 22:57   #20
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
You need to focus on the point you "need" care. DLA is being replaced with ESA..
Err, I doubt Paul will read that. He was banned in 2005..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 22:59   #21
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Quote:
What does the ESA stand for?
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 23:02   #22
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Employment support allowance. Currently replacing incapacitity benefit for new claimants since late last year.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 23:03   #23
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post
Employment support allowance. Currently replacing incapacitity benefit for new claimants since late last year.
Sorry I got mixed up between incapicity and DLA
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 23:07   #24
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
DLA is being replaced with ESA..
No it isn't, IB(Incapacity Benefit) has been replaced with ESA

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/...15412.xml.html

edit: Bit late posting apparently.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 23:07   #25
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

there is no percent as such where it kicks in it is whether it affects how you live that matters and how well you are at filling out the forms

try

http://www.disabilityuk.com/dla/dla1a.htm

http://www.dialuk.info/about.asp
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 23:12   #26
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

DIAL (Disabled Information Advice Line) and CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau) are fantastic at helping to fill out the forms. CAB helped me when I renewed when I was 17 going on 18, and was refused the bottom rate because I have Aspergers and in front of the appeal panel they thought I was fully capable of living properly in the real world without problems, despite the fact I didn't answer most of their questions. They're wrong, I still need regular advice and help with things. I have relatives who push me to re-apply for it, but I'm reluctant to since I'll most likely get refused again, and refused at the appeal.
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 11:05   #27
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Machine View Post
DIAL (Disabled Information Advice Line) and CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau) are fantastic at helping to fill out the forms. CAB helped me when I renewed when I was 17 going on 18, and was refused the bottom rate because I have Aspergers and in front of the appeal panel they thought I was fully capable of living properly in the real world without problems, despite the fact I didn't answer most of their questions. They're wrong, I still need regular advice and help with things. I have relatives who push me to re-apply for it, but I'm reluctant to since I'll most likely get refused again, and refused at the appeal.
Try local autism/mental health related charities - they're very experienced in dealing with the onerous forms etc. Best of luck!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 12:38   #28
CAROLWHITIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Try local autism/mental health related charities - they're very experienced in dealing with the onerous forms etc. Best of luck!

I have found a numb er of BBs to be useful but for on the job help CAB comes up trumps, they will even do appeals for you.
Old 17-08-2009, 15:09   #29
RizzyKing

How successful you will be in claiming DLA comes down to how you answer the questions on the form it is that simple you have to look at the questions in a very non specific way and answer accordingly. When i claimed first and second time i was told that pain and suffering in doing an activity was irrelevent and it was purely down to whether i could do it. As an example the how far can you walk well i can walk fifty metres and that was all they wanted to know they didn't care how much pain or discomfort i was in doing that purely that i could walk it.

So you have to take pain and discomfort into account yourself when answering their questions and if doing anything causes you pain then you say no you cannot do it even though you can. Adopting that approach i was able to finally get the level of DLA that everyone in the medical community that deals with me felt i should be getting. I despise the current system because it plays on the pride and stubbornness of claimants in not wanting to fully admit how limited we are and how much we struggle to do even simple things.
Old 17-08-2009, 15:18   #30
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAROLWHITIE View Post
I have found a numb er of BBs to be useful but for on the job help CAB comes up trumps, they will even do appeals for you.
Yes, the CABs are excellent but there are often local charities and voluntary groups which cater for specific types of disability and accordingly can have a great deal of directly relevant experience when it comes to claiming all sorts of benefits. We tried the CAB when we first thought about claiming DLA for our youngest and they were helpful but a local charity group we came across shortly afterwards was able to offer specific advice pertinent to our situation and his needs and guided us through the entire process from start to finish. We cannot thank them enough!!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote