Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 31-03-2011, 19:00   #5686
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future
Re: TiVo

I've had the dear dean email too... I'll tell you what, i dont want TiVo bad enough to pay £150 activasion, £40 install and an extra £3 a month subs, they can kiss my hairy ... - I'll probably have a go at increasing the storage space of my lovely V+ to 1tb for about £35 instead.
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2011, 19:05   #5687
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
By having the TiVo service and/or by using it you are providing your consent for us to use your viewing information to personalise your experience of the TiVo service (in addition to the other purposes set out in our privacy policy). We may share with third parties information about your use of the TiVo service in an aggregated form which will not personally identify you. This aggregated data may be used by those third parties for their marketing purposes (e.g. to improve their targeting of advertising based on user preferences).

Targeted Ads possibly ?
Couldn't the 3.00 TIVO fee be offset from the obvious targeted ads that will arrive at some point.
Old 31-03-2011, 19:07   #5688
dazgwinn
Inactive

dazgwinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guy's
Well i'm very,very disapointed.
I'm on VIP50 pre reg and waited and waited and waited.
DF said hang on!
Wait
You will have a good deal on VIP
There are special offers
Where?
£200 Thats their deal!
They are having a laugh at all of us
They can stick it!
Yes i have got a choice. I've been told that we can take it or leave it
Well im leaving it
Have fun all you staffers because you have really annoyed some of your highest paying customers who wont forget this fiasco
Dean of Stafford!
Old 31-03-2011, 19:08   #5689
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
Having had a whiz through the 10 odd pages since my last post I've only counted 2/3 potential orders and a lot of "nos" and unique nos as well (as well as those people saying no numerous times of course). In the interests of balance are there any other "yes"es out there, step out of the shadows and show yourselves.
I'll be getting Tivo.
Old 31-03-2011, 19:12   #5690
sminkypinky
Inactive

Services: VIP50, Tivo arrived 18th April.
sminkypinky will become famous soon enoughsminkypinky will become famous soon enoughsminkypinky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
Having had a whiz through the 10 odd pages since my last post I've only counted 2/3 potential orders and a lot of "nos" and unique nos as well (as well as those people saying no numerous times of course). In the interests of balance are there any other "yes"es out there, step out of the shadows and show yourselves.

I'm a "yes". TBH I had steeled myself for it to be the price that has been published in today's email for a long time. I was at the Ideal Home Show the other week and the guy on the TiVo demo told me these prices then as well.
Old 31-03-2011, 19:17   #5691
pesty
Inactive

Services: Big Daddy Bundle
pesty is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not getting it till June when they bring out the £49 box with a smaller hard drive.
Old 31-03-2011, 19:19   #5692
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

It's all very niche at that price though, bit of basic buisness for you, at £200 maybe 2% of virgin customers would have it installed, at £100 probably 20%, iam aware that these units are quite costly to produce but if you have units lying around then you are loosing money. Pile em high and sell em cheap.
Old 31-03-2011, 19:21   #5693
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

I have just tried a poll over here to see if you will take TIVO na also why if you will or not, Please one vote and one post to say why ( although some are not doing it ).

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...one-email.html
Old 31-03-2011, 19:23   #5694
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

It's really 189 + 36 yearly TIVO fee as V+ XL customers currently pay no monthly fee for V+
Old 31-03-2011, 19:24   #5695
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Why should you get money off. With VM your stb is covered for replacements if it ever breaks down, whereas after a year with Sky they would charge you for the visit and the cost of the repair or new STB.
Because I thought that charge was included in my monthly subs.

I could also choose to sell my Sky box like I did with my old HD box.

I just think the install charge is taking the biscuit and I hope most don't give into this shabby offering from Virgin.

I'm hoping for a far better offer as I'm a VIP 50 customer and supposedly one of their best customers!
Old 31-03-2011, 19:25   #5696
Adder
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo, XL TV, M Broadband
Adder is on a distinguished roadAdder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
It's all very niche at that price though, bit of basic buisness for you, at £200 maybe 2% of virgin customers would have it installed, at £100 probably 20%, iam aware that these units are quite costly to produce but if you have units lying around then you are loosing money. Pile em high and sell em cheap.
Spot on, I am pleased to see there's someone else around with a grasp of economics after my post on the forgone revenue from all of the give aways a few weeks ago. I presume few people here understand the phrase "price elasticity of demand"? ( For those that want to read-up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_elasticity_of_demand ).

Right we're up to five positives now, anyone else? Soon there might be more yes-es from real live paying customers than those VM staff on the thread with TiVos on heavy discount.
Old 31-03-2011, 19:25   #5697
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I'll be getting Tivo.
Yep, me too. It's a fair deal considering we're early adopters. It'll be cheaper eventually, or there'll be cheaper options in future.

And I'm also happy with the way it was announced. I'm eager but not obsessed with getting it yesterday, so waiting 3-4 months after first announcement is fine.

Boz
Old 31-03-2011, 19:33   #5698
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

There will be more announcements regarding pricing / options in the coming days..... that's all I can say for now
Old 31-03-2011, 19:35   #5699
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
There will be more announcements regarding pricing / options in the coming days..... that's all I can say for now
careful DF, don't want to be caught "lying" again eh?
Old 31-03-2011, 19:35   #5700
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazgwinn View Post
Hi guy's
Well i'm very,very disapointed.
I'm on VIP50 pre reg and waited and waited and waited.
DF said hang on!
Wait
You will have a good deal on VIP
There are special offers
Where?
£200 Thats their deal!
They are having a laugh at all of us
They can stick it!
Yes i have got a choice. I've been told that we can take it or leave it
Well im leaving it
Have fun all you staffers because you have really annoyed some of your highest paying customers who wont forget this fiasco
Dean of Stafford!
I think you should hang on

Yes, there are a few VM staff on here who just say, 'take it or leave it', which is a comletely pointess and arrogant response in my view.

But DF isn't one of those people. He's gone out of his way to keep us as up to date as possible. But he had to stay within the limits of what he knew and what he was allowed to disclose becose of compaany sensitive information. He should be thanked, not critiicised in my view.

He didn't claim to know the actual offer, and it is better than the price new customers will pay; not as good as we all wanted and extreemly annnoying that we have to pay install when some didn't,, but still better.
Closed Thread