Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 01:44   #3736
johnl13
Inactive

johnl13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
Correct, no sub to any HD channels, although I have TV with HDMI inputs.
hd channels are free on virgin media,except sports and movies which you pay an extra £7 per month for to watch in hd
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2011, 10:40   #3737
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnl13 View Post
hd channels are free on virgin media,except sports and movies which you pay an extra £7 per month for to watch in hd
Unless he has the HD channels already he would be charged a £49 activation fee.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:23   #3738
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankrotten View Post
Got my TiVo installed yesterday to replace a silver SA V+ and there is a difference in SD programming with the TiVo looking somewhat worse.

It really brought home just how good the upscaler was in the SA box.

Adjusted the output settings on TiVo to auto select from 576p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p and it always chooses to feed the TV at 1080i irrespective of channel.

Display devices used are a Samsung 40 inch LCD and a Panasonic PT-AE3000 projector.
Certainly a mixed view on SD picture quality using the Tivo box. Seen other posts where it has been said the PQ is just the same as the old box Tivo replaced yet there are others as in this case where PQ seems to be worse.

The only crumb of con for for me personally is that I’ve seen 2 posts here from people with Sony TVs (which is what I have) and they have said the PQ is fine or just as good as their former V+.

Aim to go to the Nottingham VM shop next weekend and will make sure I watch a SD channel to compare to my own setup right now.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:54   #3739
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

I entered the raffle - as yet, no call. I'm quite happy to pay for it but they need to catch me in the week-long window after pay-day when I actually have some money...
Old 07-03-2011, 12:10   #3740
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2R View Post
Tivo box installed last week and so far very pleased indeed. The YouTube application is great but I have no idea how to stop a clip once it's started other than press the home key. The white square stop key does nothing though pause and fast forward work?

Anyone know?
Press left on the keypad to exit the video.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:11   #3741
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Not seen anyone on here saying theyve received a call and paid for their TIVO in a long while.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:13   #3742
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Tivo box installed last week and so far very pleased indeed. The YouTube application is great but I have no idea how to stop a clip once it's started other than press the home key. The white square stop key does nothing though pause and fast forward work?

Anyone know?
Just out of interest did you pay for it and where you a customer who pre registered ? When did you get your call for it ? And were you an existing VM subscriber ?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:35   #3743
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'm a VIP50 customer and I think I pre-registered. I did not receive a remote but received a phone call 10/12 days ago asking me if I'd like a free Tivo and when could it be installed which was last Friday. The SI V+ was taken away but the second SI V+ I have is still working as before which I'll replace ASAP.
Thanks for that and congratulations , I was just trying to see if there have been any pre reg customers had orders took , but it seems only customers receiving it free have been rang.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:41   #3744
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

I've been told that pre regs will recieve a special email with ordering details, you will then order online before any other customers.

Once all pre regs have install dates, then it will be opened up to other customers and then new customers after that.

You should get your email towards the end of the month.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:46   #3745
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I've been told that pre regs will recieve a special email with ordering details, you will then order online before any other customers.

Once all pre regs have install dates, then it will be opened up to other customers and then new customers after that.

I knew they would do that , it will be organised chaos. But at least we can order.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:54   #3746
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Sounds great. Looking forward!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:58   #3747
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Instead of staring at my phone checking the signal for another few months I can stair at my inbox (which I do anyway). Much better from me anyway.

Thanks for the info DF.
Old 07-03-2011, 13:02   #3748
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

People still seem to be getting phone calls from the TIVO team, though they seem to be getting fewer; will these still be going on, or is the email the only contact from now on?
Old 07-03-2011, 13:10   #3749
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
People still seem to be getting phone calls from the TIVO team, though they seem to be getting fewer; will these still be going on, or is the email the only contact from now on?
It will be winners or VIP customers getting TIVO free who are getting calls probably.
Old 07-03-2011, 13:15   #3750
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It will be winners or VIP customers getting TIVO free who are getting calls probably.
This is correct.

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I knew they would do that , it will be organised chaos. But at least we can order.
It's going to be quicker than calling everyone and you should have an install in April.
Closed Thread