Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Amazon order query

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Amazon order query

Old 11-09-2017, 20:00   #1
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Amazon order query

Way back in Feb we placed an order for 3 items with Amazon. Two arrived but we got a message saying the third had not yet been despatched and they'd update us when the item was on its way. To be honest we forgot all about it until now when I was browsing our past orders and found the item sill showing as 'open'. I checked to see if it has been withdrawn but it's showing as being currently available within a few days so I'm wondering why the order hasn't been fulfilled? Can anyone explain?

TIA as always.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2017, 20:06   #2
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Amazon order query

You could try phoning Amazon and explaining the situation you find yourself in Osem.
Old 11-09-2017, 21:02   #3
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
You could try phoning Amazon and explaining the situation you find yourself in Osem.
I hate contacting them to be honest so thought I'd ask here first.
Old 11-09-2017, 21:37   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I checked to see if it has been withdrawn but it's showing as being currently available within a few days so I'm wondering why the order hasn't been fulfilled? Can anyone explain?
I doubt anyone here has access to Amazons stock system, but dont be fooled by "available within a few days".

Items can be on that status for many months, as yours likely has been. Contact the seller if you want to know for sure.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 22:18   #5
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I doubt anyone here has access to Amazons stock system, but dont be fooled by "available within a few days".

Items can be on that status for many months, as yours likely has been. Contact the seller if you want to know for sure.
Lol I wasn't suggesting anyone had access to the stock system, just wondering if this is a common problem/glitch for whatever reason. e.g. after a period, open orders just get left that way unless the buyer does something.

Looking at the current sellers and prices just now, I think the problem is that the prices have gone up quite a lot since our order was placed so whist the product is still available (and there are people confirming deliveries within the last few days) it's nowhere near the price when we ordered it. I dare say Amazon have that covered in their T's & C's...
Old 12-09-2017, 12:23   #6
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Amazon themselves are usually very good with dealing with issue. Fear not to contact them.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:33   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just go into your orders and click on contact seller, nothing to fear about and you have probably paid for it so don't leave it any longer.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 12-09-2017 at 12:49.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 13:37   #8
Osem
Inactive

Thanks guys, as it was supposed to be fulfilled by Amazon I didn't think they'd charge my account until the item was despatched. I'll check my records to see whether the whole amount was taken.

I have dealt with Amazon before but found it a rather time consuming process so thought it'd be easier to get some feedback here before doing that. If I have been charged then obviously I'll have to take it up but would that be the seller or Amazon?

Update:

Just been trawling through my credit card records and found out that we were never charged for the item. It's evidently not been fulfilled because the price has gone up considerably after the order. Pity they didn't just tell us the order was being cancelled but there we are.

Cheers anyway.

Last edited by Osem; 12-09-2017 at 14:03.
Old 12-09-2017, 14:08   #9
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Just contact them by email and ask on the status of your order as the order was accepted.

Amazon has a contractual obligation to fulfill the order they accepted.

Don't winge, DO!
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 14:40   #10
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Just contact them by email and ask on the status of your order as the order was accepted.

Amazon has a contractual obligation to fulfill the order they accepted.

Don't winge, DO!
Eh? Who's whingeing?

The item has never been delivered but it turns out that we haven't been charged so that's it as far as I'm concerned. It'll be up to the missus to decide whether she wants to whinge about it.
Old 12-09-2017, 15:24   #11
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Eh? Who's whingeing?

The item has never been delivered but it turns out that we haven't been charged so that's it as far as I'm concerned. It'll be up to the missus to decide whether she wants to whinge about it.
I apologise if I misunderstood the reason for your post.

I thought it was because you had placed an order that you had not recieved.

I have had that in the past and contacted Amazon and they have made sure the order was fulfilled at the price of the order as the seller had not stated it was no longer available and had not cancelled it due to that.

Could I ask the reason for your post and the answer you were looking for?
Old 12-09-2017, 15:50   #12
Osem
Inactive

A simple query which I didn't want to hang around waiting for Amazon to answer - a forgotten order which has not been fulfilled and I was wondering why that might be the case when the same item is currently in stock and being sold by Amazon. We'd been told they'd let us know when it became available again but they never did so maybe their system is at fault. It was by chance that I spotted it the open order this morning and at that point didn't know if we'd been charged for it.

It's never happened to us before so I was just looking for was a possible explanation such as yours. In your case you queried it with Amazon and got the item. I don't know if the missus still wants it however so I'll leave that to her.

Last edited by Osem; 12-09-2017 at 15:56.
Old 12-09-2017, 17:59   #13
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

You're going about this the wrong way, just contact them and ask just like you would any other place.
Old 12-09-2017, 18:22   #14
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You're going about this the wrong way, just contact them and ask just like you would any other place.
It's all sorted mate. I've found out what I needed to know here, no need to contact Amazon.
Old 12-09-2017, 19:38   #15
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
It's all sorted mate. I've found out what I needed to know here, no need to contact Amazon.
So the order is now being shipped to you at the price you ordered it at?