Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Petition to reclaim VAT on Air Ambulance fuel

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Petition to reclaim VAT on Air Ambulance fuel

Old 12-02-2012, 22:25   #16
data0002
cf.addict

Services: 120mg Broadband (Virgin) telephone (Virgin media) 2 x Tivo
data0002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Petition to reclaim VAT on Air Ambulance fuel

Signed
data0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2012, 23:13   #17
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Done thank you.

And all, you can donate or payroll give to your local air ambulance charity.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 23:25   #18
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I'd sign it, but Dave is going to say no anyway.

"Dave" will say no because people like you don't sign......

You have an opinion and a voice, it may or may not make a difference but never just give in.

The Air Ambulance is funded by us, the people who donate week in week out, I may never need it but that's not why I support it. Infact I signed the petition and I give to the Air Ambulance but it might be YOU that needs it.

Even though you haven't got the time to sign that petition. Never mind hey, they will come as quickly as is possible to try to help you. They won't hold any prejudice because you didn't have 5 minutes spare to sign the petition.

An just for your information...ITS NOT ASKING FOR MONEY...JUST YOUR SUPPORT.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 23:42   #19
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Not many places you can land a helicopter around here.

Ok, I've signed it. and it's not because you made me feel guilty.

is there a petition we can sign to get a landing pad made outside my house now?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 01:11   #20
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Signed it, tweeted it, and posted it on both facebook accounts.

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Not many places you can land a helicopter around here.

Ok, I've signed it. and it's not because you made me feel guilty.

is there a petition we can sign to get a landing pad made outside my house now?
You would be amazed by some of the places they do land when they have to. On a number of occasions I've seen them land on public roads with bankings and trees on both sides.

These pictures shows one of the easier landings:

http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/...er22008082.jpg
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 10:44   #21
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

I think this thread needs a bump to get more people to sign the petition.
Old 13-02-2012, 12:16   #22
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

One of the forums I posted it on a member queried a local air ambulance as to the situation.. the response back was thus

Quote:
Dear #######

Thank you for your enquiry. Sadly we are not able to reclaim the VAT on fuel as we do not make VATable business supplies against which to offset our input tax. In 2010 we paid c £27,000 in non-recoverable VAT.

Best wishes

Heléna

Heléna Holt

Chief Executive

Devon Air Ambulance Trust
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 12:29   #23
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
One of the forums I posted it on a member queried a local air ambulance as to the situation.. the response back was thus
I presume that means that because they don't produce anything, or sell anything that they can charge VAT on, then they aren't allowed to be VAT registered. The VAT office doesn't like paying out more than they get in.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Signed it, tweeted it, and posted it on both facebook accounts.

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

You would be amazed by some of the places they do land when they have to. On a number of occasions I've seen them land on public roads with bankings and trees on both sides.

These pictures shows one of the easier landings:

http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/...er22008082.jpg
On a funny note (off topic I know), but you will notice that the police officer in black has a gun on his leg. Well they sent the ARV because there were no paramedics close by. And the firearms officers are traind to paramedic level...in case they shoot someone!
Old 13-02-2012, 12:35   #24
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

It's a bloody disgrace that we have emergency services run as a charity at all.
Old 13-02-2012, 13:14   #25
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Signed.
Old 13-02-2012, 14:40   #26
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
It's a bloody disgrace that we have emergency services run as a charity at all.
Absolutely. In fact there is a HART team (part of the ambulance service) that has been set up with paramedics trained to go into dangerous environments to treat casualties who are trapped. But they only have government funding until after the olympics. Then who knows what will happen to them.

Also the Hertfordshire air ambulance (the one in the photos), doesn't have enough funding to operate at weekends, so they have to borrow the one from Essex.

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

I see that 362 people have now viewed this thread. I hope that they have all signed the petition. After all we may all need an air ambulance one day to save our lives. And a service paid for by charity will never have a guaranteed future.

At the incident in the photos, an innocent victim of a collision owes his life to the air ambulance crew. They carried out procedures that can normally only be carried out in hospital. That you be YOU!!!!
Old 13-02-2012, 15:28   #27
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Signed and verified. Just like the RNLI, you might just need them someday.
Very true.

Does anyone know if they pay VAT on fuel?
Old 13-02-2012, 15:34   #28
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

RNLI does not pay VAT on fuel and essential equipment. The fuel exemption has been in place since 1977
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 15:40   #29
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
RNLI does not pay VAT on fuel and essential equipment. The fuel exemption has been in place since 1977
So there is no reason why the air ambulances shouldn't get exemption also then?
Old 13-02-2012, 15:44   #30
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

I have added my signature to this worthy petition.