Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please document any V6 issues here.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Please document any V6 issues here.

Old 09-02-2017, 19:23   #166
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

I am getting a V6 installed tomorrow.

2 questions to ask. Does the instal guy, have to install new cable. And the Tivo box that we have already, do we keep this , and can we transfer over shows recorded on it - the old Tivo box.

And has anyone had any trouble with it. As l am the first to complain.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2017, 19:55   #167
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
And has anyone had any trouble with it. .

Have you actually read this thread Arthur?

Bear in mind that those who don't have any issues generally won't post on this thread. Therefore it is impossible to ascertain from this thread the percentage of people with issues. Personally, I've had non.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 21:33   #168
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
2 questions to ask. Does the instal guy, have to install new cable.
No, not if it's replacing an existing box.

Quote:
And the Tivo box that we have already, do we keep this
That depends what you agreed when you ordered it.

Quote:
and can we transfer over shows recorded on it - the old Tivo box.
You can't transfer them, but if you keep the old box and have it connected by Ethernet to your SuperHub, you'll be able to watch its recordings on the V6 (and vice versa).

Even if you don't keep the old box, you'll be able to copy your old Series Links to the V6 via the TV Anywhere website.

Quote:
And has anyone had any trouble with it. As l am the first to complain.
Hey, that was 4 questions!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 22:32   #169
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Spider, thank you for that. Just curious.

I was under the impression that the V6 was a powerful box and needed extra Fibre Cable, so that it had super BB.

As when we had the original Tivo installed. We had TWO different types of cable coming into the house, which caused terrible problems.

And when we had an engineer call yesterday, as out old Box upstairs was faulty. The engineer replaced the one sent to us by courier was faulty.

And the joke was that we were told to buy extra cable at 50p a meter from our local hardware store. Which the engineer was surprised at.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:46   #170
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
I thought this was a similar issue with the earlier reports of the V6 box not waking from standby, but it does appear to be slightly different, and has only just started.
I have a Samsung UE40KU6100 television. When I turn the television on first thing in the morning there's no sound or picture, but the V6 box is showing as awake (white light). If I change the television source from HDMI to "television" (i.e. Freeview) and back, then the picture and sound come back.
I've tried using more than one of the television HDMI ports and it's the same with both.
It seems to happen when television or box haven't been used for a while (and I've also had the box sleep and wake, and stay awake all the time with suggestions on). This didn't start to happen until last Friday, and now it's every morning.
Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Does anyone have any idea what is causing the issue and what the solution might be?
someone posted a possible solution here
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:58   #171
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Yes, I think that some of the issues that people are reporting with the V6 boxes are caused by other equipment they are using or people making changes to the set up in their homes.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 14:04   #172
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, I think that some of the issues that people are reporting with the V6 boxes are caused by other equipment they are using or people making changes to the set up in their homes.
It's difficult to determine - especially in this case, as it was working fine for a month before it started to cause issues.
I've changed the settings and will update the thread with the results tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2017, 16:04   #173
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Not apart from trying them with a V6. New cables supplied by VM should be to the required spec, but I've learned to be wary of old or customer-supplied ones.
I agree in OLDGOLD's case it may well be an HDMI problem.
I changed the HDMI cable and *fingers crossed* the problem seems to have gone. However, I would say that I haven't spent a huge amount of time watching TV since I changed it. But so far, I haven't had any problems with the new cable.
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:51   #174
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Your arrogance is unbelievable. Through his job, Siderpland has both expertise and masses of feedback on real word experience of VM customers. Your expertise on these matters is pitifully insignificant in comparison.

When Spiderplant posts on here, it is to help people.
Yes l can certainly agree with that PB.
Old 11-02-2017, 18:48   #175
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That possible solution did work.
So I cancelled the engineer visit, and advised them of the solution should it crop up again.
Old 12-02-2017, 21:24   #176
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

I have two V6 boxes, both connected to WiFi. On the one box, the other one shows up and I can access it to watch programmes that are recorded it. But on that box, the other one shows up in grey with a big exclamation mark next to it. When I click on it it says that it can't connect and that it may be switched off.

Can anybody explain why I can only stream from one box to the other one way?

Hope that makes sense.
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 21:26   #177
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Rebooting might help.
Old 14-02-2017, 14:08   #178
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Had my V6 installed last Tuesday, Mostly going well after the first week.

The only issue I have had is the video output settings go back to 576p and says all others are not supported. This happened on first install and yesterday.

To fix it I need to go through the output test and then I select all 3 1080 options.

Anyone else seen this?
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 18:35   #179
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

HELP.
We have just had the V6 installed, much to the rush of the engineer. He stayed for about twenty minutes. He believe it was a service call. And not an Instal. The V6 was for someone else. And not us. Apparently they get an Hour for Instal, and 30 minutes for service.

We had a brilliant picture on our TV with the old Tivo.

With the new V6, we are having problem on getting the correct picture on our TV now with the picture being misty.

The engineer told us it will take 3o minutes for the box to align itself with our TV and all the channels to come onto the system.

Any ideas of how this can be fixed. My wife is wizard at all techno stuff, but this new V6 box has baffled.

Surely we should not have to change settings on the TV ? The engineer was more worried about getting points for install
Old 14-02-2017, 20:20   #180
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
HELP.
We have just had the V6 installed, much to the rush of the engineer. He stayed for about twenty minutes. He believe it was a service call. And not an Instal. The V6 was for someone else. And not us. Apparently they get an Hour for Instal, and 30 minutes for service.

We had a brilliant picture on our TV with the old Tivo.

With the new V6, we are having problem on getting the correct picture on our TV now with the picture being misty.

The engineer told us it will take 3o minutes for the box to align itself with our TV and all the channels to come onto the system.

Any ideas of how this can be fixed. My wife is wizard at all techno stuff, but this new V6 box has baffled.

Surely we should not have to change settings on the TV ? The engineer was more worried about getting points for install
I hate it when it's wrongly booked in as technicians are overrouted as it is. Misty picture s is an unusual way to describe a picture, to me it sounds like a TV setup issue not a V6 issue. You could go into the V6 settings and make sure it's setup for at least1080 in the display settings.
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote