Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 09-11-2016, 15:15   #1096
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Most catchup is 30 days isn't it ?
I believe ITV catch-up is only seven days although I may be wrong.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2016, 15:21   #1097
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Yes it is 7 days sadly.
Old 09-11-2016, 16:18   #1098
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes it is 7 days sadly.
On all the devices I use ITV Catchup is 30 days.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 16:31   #1099
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Interesting! On my Tivo and Freesat devices ITV is only for 7 days. You are not confusing "catchup" with "on demand" are you?
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 16:53   #1100
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I'm really at a loss to understand why people want huge disks.

Even my elderly TiVo has a 1TB disk and, with only paltry MPEG2 encoding, it can store 120 hours of HD programs.

If, and I don't, have it full, when could I ever get round to watching all that material? Never and I'm retired and don't have to go to work 8 hours a day.

Why do people want to archive loads of material that they'll never, ever get round to watching?

People watch TV in different ways. Netflix, in particular has changed the way people consume TV; i.e. via watching whole seasons/series consecutively. Given that, especially at this time of year, when many new series/seasons start, which takes a lot of disc space if you are keeping each of them to watch from beginning to end.

Many people want more disc space for the above reasons. Just because it doesn't suit your viewing habits, doesn't make it invalid for the many other users who's viewing habits do fit that model and therefore require more space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I would certainly make more use of on demand if the programmes were on there for a decent period of time. Deletion of shows on catch up after a week just doesn't do anything for me, I'm afraid. I only make use of catch up in emergencies!

Again, another reason for more disc space; who want's to sit through 'on demand' with enforced, adds that you can't skip, just because you don't have enough space to record them?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 16:54   #1101
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Interesting! On my Tivo and Freesat devices ITV is only for 7 days. You are not confusing "catchup" with "on demand" are you?
I'm not familiar with Freesat , does it have the ITV Hub app on it ?

On my connected TV using the app I seem to get shows going back longer than 7 days.

My Sky Q box has 30 days ITV Catchup and in HD.
Old 09-11-2016, 16:57   #1102
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Is that only on Sky though?.
Old 09-11-2016, 17:10   #1103
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Delete.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 17:23   #1104
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm not familiar with Freesat , does it have the ITV Hub app on it ?

On my connected TV using the app I seem to get shows going back longer than 7 days.

My Sky Q box has 30 days ITV Catchup and in HD.
My ITV Hub on my samsung TV will only go back 7 days. It seems from what you say that Sky has a much better offering.
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 17:27   #1105
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
My ITV Hub on my samsung TV will only go back 7 days. It seems from what you say that Sky has a much better offering.
It is obviously stipulated as one of the exclusives in ITV's contract with Sky which obviously includes the exclusivity of ITV Encore as we all know.
Old 09-11-2016, 17:34   #1106
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Try going into the Hub app and then Search......search for say Paranoid and it should say so many episodes telling you how many days left you have for each episode.
Old 09-11-2016, 17:57   #1107
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Just to clarify, I was talking about Virgin's catch up, which is not flooded with loads of unskippable advertisements. I simply refuse to waste my time waiting for a whole batch of commercials to end before getting back to the programme I have selected.

The downside of going to VM's own catch up service rather than the full internet version is that it is only retained for 7 days.

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

Quote:
I think the Sky version is the internet version.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 20:11   #1108
marlman
cf.member

marlman is on a distinguished roadmarlman is on a distinguished road

I have had it with my Tivo now it is useless has a recording device. every time after 5 mins it stalls and pixelates its unwatchable. Have tried all the so called fixes but still the same.

If I ring to complain will they give me another TIvo which I do not want or should I wait for the 30th of this monthy?
marlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 20:15   #1109
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlman View Post
I have had it with my Tivo now it is useless has a recording device. every time after 5 mins it stalls and pixelates its unwatchable. Have tried all the so called fixes but still the same.

If I ring to complain will they give me another TIvo which I do not want or should I wait for the 30th of this monthy?
You could always re-program it with a lump hammer.
Old 09-11-2016, 20:20   #1110
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post
Because...

1. When there are 4 people in a house who all like to record and watch different things
2. Storing stuff up to watch an entire series at once over a weekend - multiple series
3. How much space will UHD take
Don't worry about the UHD as virgin have yet confirm if there is any recordable 4K, remember it's more important for sky as they need to download what they watch, so until there is linear 4K content it won't matter
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote