Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 19-01-2015, 03:42   #4891
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Just thought i'd take a re-visit to this thread after nearly three years of inactivity.

Moved to Liverpool and had to suffer with a 5mbit ADSL line for the same period due to no cable at my post code. Luckily BT just came along and threw some fibre into the cabinet and im now back to enjoying an 80mbit connection.

I see VM are still battling massive amounts of jitter... things never change.
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2015, 08:19   #4892
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

What jitter?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 09:54   #4893
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Mine has been getting steadily worse over the last lot of months, but the upgrade in our area is due soonish so I'm hoping that sorts it:

Mine has too always at the same time, i am guessing this is congestion? I have no idea if any upgrade is planned for my area, how can i find out without phoning VM up?

Old 19-01-2015, 12:12   #4894
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Mine has too always at the same time, i am guessing this is congestion? I have no idea if any upgrade is planned for my area, how can i find out without phoning VM up?

Almost certainly congestion.

The "Upgrade" I'm speaking of is the 50/100/152 "Supercharge". It's due to be completed by the end of this month here, which would be good as I think we need extra capacity.

You can check yours out here: http://keepup.virginmedia.com/speedupgrade
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 12:24   #4895
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Cheers, July-December 2015 is my speed upgrade although i have already had it after swapping my SH2 out for a SH2ac trial modem but i guess the area still needs to be ready for it.
Old 19-01-2015, 13:57   #4896
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

You know the date for the speed upgrade doesn't automatically mean a flood of capacity upgrades just before, right?

Upgrades could be delayed and it released despite capacity planning's misgivings.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 14:12   #4897
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The yellow bit on your graph is jitter.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2015, 11:35   #4898
boroboi
cf.geek

boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Anybody know how to get this working on the new talk talk super router? I've allowed the imcp request in the firewall but I'm still getting a red graph. IP address is correct
Old 20-01-2015, 11:46   #4899
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboi View Post
Anybody know how to get this working on the new talk talk super router? I've allowed the imcp request in the firewall but I'm still getting a red graph. IP address is correct
Return ping from WAN side? Had to enable that in the security settings on my router.
Old 20-01-2015, 11:57   #4900
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Blairhoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

how do I get my yellow part to be a bit lower?

don't know what happened around 5.30am either.

Blairhoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2015, 12:10   #4901
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Stop using your BB.

Evening peak is us streaming HD TV, Morning peak is me running torrents. Both will increase the latency.
Old 20-01-2015, 12:53   #4902
boroboi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairhoyle View Post

don't know what happened around 5.30am either.

Looks like you switched upsteam channels.
Old 20-01-2015, 13:29   #4903
Blairhoyle
Inactive

Blairhoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboi View Post
Looks like you switched upsteam channels.
must have done it automatically then because I was still in bed at that time.

why would they change?
Blairhoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2015, 13:36   #4904
boroboi
cf.geek

Quote:
must have done it automatically then because I was still in bed at that time.

why would they change?
Unsure at 5am. It's usually load balancing.
Old 20-01-2015, 14:59   #4905
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Change ISP.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote