Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Call Costs?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

BT answer machine?

Old 13-04-2010, 09:10   #1
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Question BT answer machine?

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help over the last couple of days we have been getting a phone call supposedly from BT answer machine service saying I have 2 messages? Strange the only answer machine I thought I had was on my own phone. The number was 08456021111, sorry yes I have A vm landline any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
mark
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2010, 11:44   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: BT answer machine???

http://www.virginmedia.com/help/tele...media-text.php
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 12:09   #3
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

yeah, someone has sent you a text message to your landline.. because you haven't got it set up, it tries to send it in (robotic) speach form.

BT run the service, I believe only ExTelewest switches have the facility to get the text, NTL never had it and it's not something VM are going to roll out AFAIK.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 14:37   #4
mhatter67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
yeah, someone has sent you a text message to your landline.. because you haven't got it set up, it tries to send it in (robotic) speach form.

BT run the service, I believe only ExTelewest switches have the facility to get the text, NTL never had it and it's not something VM are going to roll out AFAIK.
Hi Digital Fanatic,

Yes I am on old NTL switch(luton), how will I delete these messages just ring the above number and press delete on each text message

to opt out of text messages do I have to

Opting out of receiving texts
Dial 0800 587 5252 from the phone you wish to ‘opt’ out and choose option 1

This above option seems to be outdated it seems now to be option 5 (according to my dad)
regards
mark
Old 13-04-2010, 14:55   #5
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
Hi Digital Fanatic,

Yes I am on old NTL switch(luton), how will I delete these messages just ring the above number and press delete on each text message

to opt out of text messages do I have to

Opting out of receiving texts
Dial 0800 587 5252 from the phone you wish to ‘opt’ out and choose option 1

regards
mark
Yeah, once you opt out, you shouldn't recieve any more.
Old 13-04-2010, 15:05   #6
mhatter67

Thumbs up Re: BT answer machine???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Yeah, once you opt out, you shouldn't recieve any more.
Has anybody ever called you a star

thanks
mark
Old 13-04-2010, 15:12   #7
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
Has anybody ever called you a star

thanks
mark
oooh once or twice