Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 17-04-2017, 11:46   #1261
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

The EU has said these agencies will have to leave the UK if we leave the EU. David Davis believes they can remain. Let's hope he's right but he does have his moments of delusion on Brexit.
Will be interesting to see how this plays out and let's hope for a win for the UK and jobs.

Quote:
London battles to keep hold of two main EU agencies
Britain is fighting to remain the home of two of the EU’s most prestigious agencies covering medicines and banking after Brexit, in a move that is likely to cause astonishment in European capitals.
David Davis, Brexit secretary, does not accept that the two agencies and roughly 1,000 staff will have to move from London’s Canary Wharf, even though the EU is about to run a competition to relocate them.
https://www.ft.com/content/72ead180-...1-d5f7e0cd0a16 or Google headline to read full article.
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2017, 12:04   #1262
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Really? I never listened to them myself and I'm one of them.
Yes, really.

You're one of the rare exceptions to the rule. But every person I know around your age group, could not wait to vote out of that pile of garbage.

End of the day, I believe them when they said life was better Pre-EU era.
Old 17-04-2017, 12:59   #1263
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Such experiences are very subjective though. People become very nostalgic for the past and it helps they would have been younger then too. How much of that 'life was better' is more to do with the way society has changed in general rather than specific EU policies?

Because even after Brexit life won't go back to how it was. You'll still have jobs being lost to new technologies, culture will continue to change and we'll still be competing with the Asian economies. It's like those who think there will be a renaissance in British manufacturing. It's hard to see how we'll make that competitive with low-wage economies as the same pressures will still apply.
Old 17-04-2017, 14:11   #1264
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Such experiences are very subjective though. People become very nostalgic for the past and it helps they would have been younger then too. How much of that 'life was better' is more to do with the way society has changed in general rather than specific EU policies?

Because even after Brexit life won't go back to how it was. You'll still have jobs being lost to new technologies, culture will continue to change and we'll still be competing with the Asian economies. It's like those who think there will be a renaissance in British manufacturing. It's hard to see how we'll make that competitive with low-wage economies as the same pressures will still apply.
I do not think it is anything to do with feeling nostalgic. Back in the 70's, walking out of one job on Friday, in to another Monday, I am told was so easy. Not so easy these days.

Getting on the property ladder, was easy and more affordable back in the 70's, now it is not so much because there is a chronic housing shortage, which in turn is pushing up prices to ridiculous levels, because of our stupid open door, 'let them all in', policy.

Local services are over stretched. Schools over stretched because where we was suppose to keep only 10,000's coming in, we're still allowing 100,000's come in.

To me, it's not about how I want life to go back to how it was, I just don't want our country being connected or grouped with corrupted establishments and other corrupt governments that we have allowed to join the EU bloc and that is essentially the main reason I voted out. I think Ramrod said a while ago, it's not just all about 'money', for the reason for leaving.
Old 17-04-2017, 17:56   #1265
RizzyKing

As much as some may be overly nostalgic which influenced their vote there are those who attribute far too much to the EU and as such believe that without it things will be worse and won't change as we won't be part of the EU. That's the trouble with all this doesn't matter what is said about one side or the other because there are applicable scenarios that apply to both sides. If nothing else makes me still convinced i voted the right way it's the utter panic brexit and the Trump election have caused in the political world that had gotten too comfortable and complacent to bother about the little people they got a much deserved kick in the backside.

Old 17-04-2017, 19:50   #1266
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I do not think it is anything to do with feeling nostalgic. Back in the 70's, walking out of one job on Friday, in to another Monday, I am told was so easy. Not so easy these days.

Getting on the property ladder, was easy and more affordable back in the 70's, now it is not so much because there is a chronic housing shortage, which in turn is pushing up prices to ridiculous levels, because of our stupid open door, 'let them all in', policy.

Local services are over stretched. Schools over stretched because where we was suppose to keep only 10,000's coming in, we're still allowing 100,000's come in.

To me, it's not about how I want life to go back to how it was, I just don't want our country being connected or grouped with corrupted establishments and other corrupt governments that we have allowed to join the EU bloc and that is essentially the main reason I voted out. I think Ramrod said a while ago, it's not just all about 'money', for the reason for leaving.
Different 70s to the one I grew up in, with a recession in the mid-70s, inflation of over 20% at times, unemployment tiding to double digits (it hit a post-war high of one and a half million), the Oil Crisis, IMF bailouts, 3 day weeks, Winter of Discontent...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 17-04-2017, 20:04   #1267
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Different 70s to the one I grew up in, with a recession in the mid-70s, inflation of over 20% at times, unemployment tiding to double digits (it hit a post-war high of one and a half million), the Oil Crisis, IMF bailouts, 3 day weeks, Winter of Discontent...
Mid 70s isn't that when was way in after joining that disaster?

Either way it was still a better time before we joined that crap.
Old 17-04-2017, 20:05   #1268
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

There was only a few years where you could walk out of one job and straight into another.
Late 60's early 70's.
Old 17-04-2017, 20:12   #1269
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
There was only a few years where you could walk out of one job and straight into another.
Late 60's early 70's.

We joined the disaster bloc after 1972. Winter of discontent was caused by Widespread Unions and Strikes. But was a time way after we joined that corrupted pile of garbage.
Old 17-04-2017, 22:27   #1270
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
all i can say is if you remember the 70s that well you were doing it wrong
Old 19-04-2017, 16:31   #1271
Mick
Cable Forum Team

I missed this session of Question Time earlier this month and when I miss it, usually something kicks off...

But seeing Diane Abbott get a stern ticking off by a Audience member, was music to my ears especially with what she said last year about leavers being racist.

But what's even more wonderful at the end of this youtube vid, only 3 minute video, was Michelle Dewberry's comment about leaving the EU means exactly that that. She summed it up quite succinctly...

Old 19-04-2017, 16:43   #1272
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Another typical Labour hypocrite.
Old 19-04-2017, 19:17   #1273
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

More evidence - as if we needed it - that the BBC stands for Brexit Broadcasting Corporation.
They have an uncanny ability to fill their studio audience almost exclusively with leave voters.
Old 19-04-2017, 19:25   #1274
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
More evidence - as if we needed it - that the BBC stands for Brexit Broadcasting Corporation.
They have an uncanny ability to fill their studio audience almost exclusively with leave voters.
Where on earth do you get that idea from? The Brussels Broadcasting Company has been relentlessly pro EU the whole way though especially on current affairs output.
Old 19-04-2017, 19:27   #1275
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Did you personally verify how each member of the audience voted?
Closed Thread