Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 17-04-2017, 11:10   #1036
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
What idiot chose to do maintenance on Easter Sunday?
If it was maintenance it must have been something very urgent. Do you have the ticket number?
Advertisement
Old 17-04-2017, 14:29   #1037
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Talking Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Both the DTPS (DTT) and the TLCS (Cable and Satellite) licences have changed. VM has already carried the HD content over the Hidden BT Sport HD channel, which is set up to be switched in and out of channel 100.

I doubt that we will get the full time service, as it is just a rolling advert loop for BT services.
Thanks, I didn't realise that this was good to go on VM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
There was a simple workaround of not using Standby until the issue was fixed - it now is.
I've not experienced any of the others at all and my V6s are whirring away every day. There are a few minor bugs and I've no doubt others may experience problems I've not had, but often I think many of those reported on Cable Forum are down to local issues rather than the V6 itself. My family have found the V6 to be a considerable improvement over previous Virgin Media hardware and well worth the upgrade.
I haven't been able to test if it will still record whilst in Standby as I have planned recordings; has anyone actually found that the update resolved the fault by personal experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
If it was maintenance it must have been something very urgent. Do you have the ticket number?
I was surprised when I received a planned software update on Good Friday morning.

In case anything had gone wrong, we could have lost service at a holiday time when VM staff were on holiday themselves!
Old 17-04-2017, 14:43   #1038
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

There was absolutely no chance of losing your service Richard as this was a very minor update by all accounts.
Old 17-04-2017, 16:54   #1039
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
There was absolutely no chance of losing your service Richard as this was a very minor update by all accounts.
I picked up a hint of disappointment that nothing had gone wrong with the update as well, Den. I thought it was just me and my interpretation!
Old 17-04-2017, 19:18   #1040
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Explain why anyone would want an update to cause a service failure on Good Friday morning?

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 17-04-2017 at 19:25.
Old 17-04-2017, 22:14   #1041
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Tv service failed from 14:32 to around 22:00 on Saturday

Hasn't worked at all since around 9:00 Sunday (nor has broadband)

The maintenance I referred to from 8:00 to 18:00 on Sunday was supposedly to virgins diagnostic service, so they couldn't fix mine remotely.

Mind you they couldn't when it came back either.
Old 17-04-2017, 23:58   #1042
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Could this be the turning point to Sky Atlantic appearing on VM?

Sky and Virgin Media in talks over targeted TV advertising tie-up
Old 18-04-2017, 00:51   #1043
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post

Who knows bud plus both declined to comment.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:46   #1044
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:

no chance it a advertising deal nothing to do with channels
Old 18-04-2017, 05:26   #1045
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Oh Andrew your positivity knows no bounds.
Old 18-04-2017, 09:17   #1046
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Explain why anyone would want an update to cause a service failure on Good Friday morning?
Most wouldn't, Richard, but some might have seen it as a good compensation opportunity.

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 ----------

Quote:

I think that might be a bit of a stretch, but the most significant parts of this article that could support your proposition are the much improved relationship between Sky and Virgin since the Malone takeover (there's a surprise in itself) and the changing fortunes of Sky with its need to bolster advertising to maintain its financial position.

If Sky Atlantic were to be made available to Virgin viewers, the increased audience share would certainly increase advertising revenue for that channel. Although much has been made of SA being the 'unique selling point' for Sky, its ability to differentiate the two companies in Sky's favour has declined in recent times. Most who would have been influenced by this are already Sky customers and are unlikely to leave in droves just because VM get access to it.

The planned tie-up with Virgin Media, which sources said could be announced within days, is the latest signal of the improved relationship between the two companies since Liberty Global took control in 2013. In the 2000s they traded blows after Sky derailed a Virgin Media takeover of ITV by taking a blocking stake. Sky sold its ITV shares to Liberty Global in 2014.

Advertising has become a more significant source of growth for Sky as its core satellite subscription business has slowed under pressure from BT and others. Credit Suisse analysts forecast that Sky will reprt only 30,000 new pay-TV customers in the first three months of the year, less than half last year’s figure.
Old 18-04-2017, 11:41   #1047
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Who knows whether Sky Atlantic will arrive but personally I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Andrews view , remember Sky Atlantic is one of the channels upon which Sky Adsmart is used.
https://www.skyadsmart.co.uk/about-skyadsmart/
Old 18-04-2017, 11:43   #1048
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Who knows whether Sky Atlantic will arrive but personally I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Andrews view , remember Sky Atlantic is one of the channels upon which Sky Adsmart is used.
https://www.skyadsmart.co.uk/about-skyadsmart/
Well until there is substantiated proof then l have my doubts MM.
Old 18-04-2017, 11:49   #1049
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well until there is substantiated proof then l have my doubts MM.
You know me Den, ever the optimist. I think the Adsmart announcement may be made in a couple of days when Sky's nine months results come out so keep your eyes peeled. Sky may also reveal changes in its sports packages then as well. Just my usual conjecture.
Old 18-04-2017, 11:52   #1050
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
You know me Den, ever the optimist. I think the Adsmart announcement may be made in a couple of days when Sky's nine months results come out so keep your eyes peeled. Sky may also reveal changes in its sports packages then as well. Just my usual conjecture.
Well Andrew we shall see what transpires in this coming period.