Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 22-03-2017, 13:26   #6991
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Some of this is a bit gimmicky, but I particularly like the My Q features.

I would not personally use the Facebook and speak options, but these will be useful for some.

I'm not sure whether VM have similar plans - I guess we will see.
Ironically it's Tivo they are using for its voice search feature.
http://advanced-television.com/2017/...-voice-search/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-03-2017, 23:50   #6992
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
SKY shows their 5th Premiership game on SKY Sports Mix last Saturday being Manchester United Vs. Bournemouth. They have now announced their 6th. West Bromwich Albion Vs. Arsenal on 18th March.

At this rate they'll end the season showing about 10 games. Pretty decent for those who don't subscribe to SKY Sports.
7th live Premiership game of the season confirmed on SKY Sports Mix.

West Bromwich Albion Vs. Liverpool on 16th April.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 15:08   #6993
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Ironically it's Tivo they are using for its voice search feature.
http://advanced-television.com/2017/...-voice-search/
Good find.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 13:46   #6994
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
7th live Premiership game of the season confirmed on SKY Sports Mix.

West Bromwich Albion Vs. Liverpool on 16th April.
All change

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool on 16th April has been dropped and replaced with Middlesbrough v Arsenal on Monday 17th April

also Sunderland v Manchester United added on Sunday 9th April

Summary of PL games shown and scheduled on Mix so far

1. 22/10/16 Sat 12.30pm AFC Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur
2. 17/12/16 Sat 12.30pm Crystal Palace V Chelsea
3. 11/02/17 Sat 12.30pm Arsenal v Hull City
4. 26/02/17 Sun 1.30pm Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City
5. 04/03/17 Sat 12.30pm Man Utd v AFC Bournemouth
6. 18/03/17 Sat 12.30pm West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal
7. 09/04/17 Sun 1.30pm Sunderland v Manchester United
8. 17/04/17 Mon 8pm Middlesbrough v Arsenal
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 21:08   #6995
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
All change

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool on 16th April has been dropped and replaced with Middlesbrough v Arsenal on Monday 17th April

also Sunderland v Manchester United added on Sunday 9th April

Summary of PL games shown and scheduled on Mix so far

1. 22/10/16 Sat 12.30pm AFC Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur
2. 17/12/16 Sat 12.30pm Crystal Palace V Chelsea
3. 11/02/17 Sat 12.30pm Arsenal v Hull City
4. 26/02/17 Sun 1.30pm Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City
5. 04/03/17 Sat 12.30pm Man Utd v AFC Bournemouth
6. 18/03/17 Sat 12.30pm West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal
7. 09/04/17 Sun 1.30pm Sunderland v Manchester United
8. 17/04/17 Mon 8pm Middlesbrough v Arsenal
Cheers for the info mate. Been fairly impressed with the football output on SKY Sports Mix in general. About 5 years ago it would have been unthinkable that SKY would be showing Premiership football and English Football games on a regular basis at no additional cost for subscribers without SKY Sports.

I don't have SKY Sports or BT Sports but I'm fairly content with the amount of "free" football on SKY Sports Mix, BT Showcase and terrestrial TV. Not always top games but happy to fill in the blanks with Match of the Day etc...
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 12:24   #6996
Richc1977
cf.addict

Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Cheers for the info mate. Been fairly impressed with the football output on SKY Sports Mix in general. About 5 years ago it would have been unthinkable that SKY would be showing Premiership football and English Football games on a regular basis at no additional cost for subscribers without SKY Sports.

I don't have SKY Sports or BT Sports but I'm fairly content with the amount of "free" football on SKY Sports Mix, BT Showcase and terrestrial TV. Not always top games but happy to fill in the blanks with Match of the Day etc...
I'd say cheaper football rather than free.

Been interesting to see what they are choosing to show on this. They seem to have focused on EFL first half of the season and EPL second half. Hoping for some English Cricket in the summer.

Have to say I have the Virgin Media XL pack and with BT Sport and Mix combined I'm pretty content with the 50 (maybe more) PL games, this season plus EFL and the CL.

Last edited by Richc1977; 29-03-2017 at 12:28.
Old 29-03-2017, 12:36   #6997
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

The Hearts VS Celtic game will be shown on Sky Sports Mix this coming Sunday at midday.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 13:56   #6998
Richc1977
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
The Hearts VS Celtic game will be shown on Sky Sports Mix this coming Sunday at midday.
A significant match too, as a win for Celtic will see them pick up the title.
Old 29-03-2017, 13:58   #6999
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
A significant match too, as a win for Celtic will see them pick up the title.
l think the title was won before the season started Rich.
Old 29-03-2017, 13:59   #7000
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Didn't Den say everything was hunky dory with Sky Sports subs ? How come they're giving so much away then without the need of a Premium Sports sub , answers on a postcard.
Old 29-03-2017, 14:02   #7001
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Didn't Den say everything was hunky dory with Sky Sports subs ? How come they're giving so much away then without the need of a Premium Sports sub , answers on a postcard.
Good grief you are quick on the ball this afternoon MM.
Old 29-03-2017, 14:39   #7002
Richc1977
cf.addict

Quote:
Mix has been in the planning for years now. I remember seeing the pages from the surveys posted 3 or 4 years ago with proposals for such a channel that would show between 5 to 10 PL games a season amongst other content. This is not a knee jerk reaction.

I guess the a big driver has been the launch of BT Sport and the fact that if you sign up to their basic starter TV package you all the BT sport channels included at no extra cost.

Not the only driver of course, extra ad revenue and promoting the sports package and to some degree a platform for introducing other competitions/sports all factors I imagine.

Last edited by Richc1977; 29-03-2017 at 14:44.
Old 29-03-2017, 15:57   #7003
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

I remember the surveys about the channel however I wasn't aware they mentioned so many premier league ties thanks for the info.

I'm struggling to buy into the success of the promotion of its Sports channels though in my opinion it could be having the exact opposite impact. Just look at the views on here.

Sky Sports Mix and the option of day/week passes now probably deter some of those who already receive BT Sport.
Old 29-03-2017, 17:58   #7004
Richc1977
cf.addict

Quote:
I remember the surveys about the channel however I wasn't aware they mentioned so many premier league ties thanks for the info.

I'm struggling to buy into the success of the promotion of its Sports channels though in my opinion it could be having the exact opposite impact. Just look at the views on here.

Sky Sports Mix and the option of day/week passes now probably deter some of those who already receive BT Sport.
I guess that are going to try and assess the impact it has had in the months to come, if it's not working they can always pull it or change what they show on it. I hope they don't.

Here are screen grabs of the survey I mentioned, there was another side somewhere with no PL games as an option

Last edited by Richc1977; 29-03-2017 at 18:02.
Old 29-03-2017, 19:05   #7005
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Free Football on The BBC, S4C, ITV, BT Showcase and Sky Sports Mix: (As of March 29th)

March:
31st - Espanyol v Real Betis - La Liga - KO: 19:45 - Sky Sports Mix HD

April:
1st - Caernarfon Town v Bala Town - Welsh Cup Semi-Final - KO: 17:15 - S4C
2nd - Hearts v Celtic - Scottish Premiership - KO: 12:30 - Sky Sports Mix HD
3rd - Stoke City U18 v Man City U18 - FA Youth Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg - KO: 19:45 - ITV4 HD
4th - Roma v Lazio - Coppa Italia Semi-Final 2nd Leg - KO: 19:45 - Sky Sports Mix HD
5th - Feyenoord v Go Ahead Eagles - Eredivisie - KO: 19:45 - Sky Sports Mix HD
6th - Eibar v Las Palmas - La Liga - KO: 18:30 - Sky Sports Mix HD
6th - Valencia v Celta Vigo - La Liga - KO: 20:30 - Sky Sports Mix HD
9th - Sunderland v Man Utd - Premier League - KO: 13:30 - Sky Sports Mix HD*
9th - PEC Zwolle v Feyenoord - Eredivisie - KO: 13:30 - Sky Sports Mix HD*
9th - Llandudno v Aberystwyth Town - Welsh Premier League - KO: 16:15 - S4C
14th - Athletic Bilbao v Las Palmas - La Liga - KO: 19:45 - Sky Sports Mix HD
15th - Deportivo La Coruna v Malaga - La Liga - KO: 12:00 - Sky Sports Mix HD
15th - Ayr v Dundee United - Scottish Championship - KO: 17:15 - BBC ALBA
16th - Ajax v SC Heerenveen - Eredivisie - KO: 15:45 - Sky Sports Mix HD
17th - Middlesbrough v Arsenal - Premier League - KO: 20:00 - Sky Sports Mix HD
21st - Sevilla v Granada - La Liga - KO: 19:45 - Sky Sports Mix HD
22nd - Aberdeen v Hibernian - Scottish FA Cup Semi-Final - KO: 12:15 - BBC One Scotland (HD in Scotland)
22nd - Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur - FA Cup Semi-Final - KO: 17:15 - BBC One HD
23rd - PSV Eindhoven v Ajax - Eredivisie - KO: 15:45 - Sky Sports Mix HD
29th - Orlando City v Colorado Rapids - MLS - KO: 21:00 - Sky Sports Mix HD
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote