Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

Old 09-02-2012, 12:26   #31
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

If he is he is going off topic..
Old 09-02-2012, 12:36   #32
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Did you just suggest anarchy as a solution to the problems being discussed?

Ie 'remove this government by any means'
I meant "via protest"

Can you comment on the rest of the post!!!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:40   #33
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
I meant "via protest"
I see.

Quote:
can you comment on the rest of the post!!!
Yes I can. But I don't think you're interested in my opinion.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:58   #34
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I see.

Yes I can. But I don't think you're interested in my opinion.
I am interested in yours and other CF users opinions!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 13:04   #35
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I am interested in yours and other CF users opinions!
Yes because as Yoda once said " There is much to be learned ".
Old 09-02-2012, 16:15   #36
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes because as Yoda once said " There is much to be learned ".
It was actually "Much to be learned, there is."
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 17:28   #37
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
" Much to learn, you still have", actually....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 18:53   #38
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

RizzyKing well said the hate fueled by media with consent government is hideous hate crime. Maybe police should be involved warning papers and the government to stop it.

We as nation decending into anarchy. Its full hatred did you read the replys about disabled attacked nobody did nothing in milton keynes in the reply's. That was absolutely hideous made me sick.

How someone likened it to germany 1930's persacution before the war with fueled hatred started by the then government.

I have witnessed a carer who got spat at by some **** told to get a real job. It makes you sick see these things done.

Cameron could stop it he could make statements to telll people lay off they will find the ones by correct procedures who should not be claiming.

Maybe labour did start this but cameron gone way beyond the remit of getting fraudsters he now fueling the hatred. If he thought this would not happen then he most stupid prime minister ever.

You will always get **** feel its crusade a call to arms to harras, attack verbal and physical those who been demonised by the governments.

You only got look at even tourist been attacked for being here. I witnessed it all they was visitors to the country people se foreigner/disabled instantly there thick brains engage to attack mode. I appoligised for our nation to the couple I felt disgusted. Its how found out by chatting to them they was on holiday. Just because was not in traditional holiday zone they was demonised.

Its sickens me to be british way thick people are acting it happening across the spectrum of classes. Sheep who follow the claptrap speil from papers.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 19:38   #39
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Seeing that you are a clever clogs l will give you one extra gold star Gary.
Old 09-02-2012, 20:26   #40
RizzyKing

Say something for long enough not only will some believe it but it will alter the perception of more people so that they then see the problem everywhere and so it escalates and escalates. There was a time when the british public had the brains to work things out for themselves but that day seems to be disappearing if exists at all with self interest, hatred and fear replacing those values we used to hold dear. I don't altogether blame the public we have had a media for twenty years working towards the goal of having us at each others throats and they are now succeeding and getting what they want.

I wonder how much we will lose before common sense comes back and we start to ignore those who have an agenda not ours that has never been ours.
Old 09-02-2012, 22:49   #41
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Again you refuse to see the reality of the stuation .The figures you quote are based on known fraud .The government have no idea how many people are defrauding the system because they haven't been caught yet At best the figures are a educated guess based on past known fraud and anti fraud initiatives.You may want to have a look at these figures from the DWP.And again you refuse to accept that people who can work ,albeit with restrictions,are claiming full disability benefits intended for people who genuinely cannot work ,that may be intentional or it may not ,it is a overly complicated system with far too many different benefits but it is still misuse .All these major faults in the system are trying to be addressed in the reforms, as they should be

and i have not said that life is equally as hard for everyone , i said ,
"it's a struggle even for able bodied people" so don't try to twist my words
You are impossible.

First of all the saying "its not affordable" is wrong, the government chooses where it spends its cash, the cuts are not because its unaffordable but rather the current government doesnt want the money spent in that way. Since they have got elected numerous expenditures of cash have been carried out including.

writing off of over 20billion worth of tax to large companies.
commiting to a high speed rail link.
offering cash for extra waste collections to councils.
freezing international aid and nhs expenditure, the international aid as it turns out is a complete joke with india mocking us saying they didnt want it.
giving tax cuts out to certian taxpayers.
giving tax cuts to businesses.

also if the government have no idea who is frauding the system (as you say) then how do YOU know? Of course they have an idea, it may not be 100% accurate but they will have an idea. The DWP figures will be the most credible as after all it is their job. The fraud figures may seem higher of course when people start thinking they doctors and can diagnose someone in the street if they a fraud or not and the government starts moving the goalposts on claims so it looks like many have been illegally claiming.

In addition to show how out of touch you are disability living allowance is not an unemployment benefit, its perfectly legal to work full time whilst claiming it.

So you someone who has no experience of the system has decided its too complicated and has excessive fraud. I think the truth is you just want your tax bill to drop.

What are you doing posting me figures that backup what I just said?

0.3% IB fraud
0.5% DLA fraud.

Thats about as close to zero as you can get and is very tolerable.

Whats funny is this 26k benefit cap will affect hardly anyone on benefits, the propoganda campaign by the bbc, the daily mail, the sun and the government led to that cap which has led to people thinking that a typical benefit claimant gets over 26k worth of benefits. Thats one thing however its a very different thing when disabled people are been mocked and threatened in the street.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 23:04   #42
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

[snip]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
giving tax cuts out to certian taxpayers.
[/snip]

So you begrudge taking the poorest out of tax altogether by raising the personal allowance?
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 23:18   #43
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I have not made an opinion on what I have listed just stating the government has shown they can spend money.

That tax cut where they raised the personal allowance I dont have a issue with for what its worth.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 23:20   #44
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Whats funny is this 26k benefit cap will affect hardly anyone on benefits, the propoganda campaign by the bbc, the daily mail, the sun and the government led to that cap which has led to people thinking that a typical benefit claimant gets over 26k worth of benefits. Thats one thing however its a very different thing when disabled people are been mocked and threatened in the street.
There's a good chance that a lot of people do actually think people on benefits get that much.

The lowest amount is probably around 3.5k
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 23:39   #45
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
You are impossible.

First of all the saying "its not affordable" is wrong, the government chooses where it spends its cash, the cuts are not because its unaffordable but rather the current government doesnt want the money spent in that way. Since they have got elected numerous expenditures of cash have been carried out including.......snip

you really aren't serious are you ? .Your biggest problem is you are only thinking of yourself and as proven by the post above have no understanding of what the government have to take into consideration when working out what can be afforded .Here's a little help .
As we all know unemployment is on the rise long term disability benefit claims have gone through the roof so that will mean less tax to pay for more welfare claimants which is going to keep on rising whith tax revenue falling ,not just this year but for years to come ,you see the government have to try to work out what the system is going to cost further down the line .The only way to increase or even maintain current expenditure on welfare is to either raise taxes or divert funds from other services ,services that tax payers pay for and risk losing so we can keep on giving lazy or fraudulent claimers free money ,we have supported them long enough

Quote:
also if the government have no idea who is frauding the system (as you say) then how do YOU know? Of course they have an idea, it may not be 100% accurate but they will have an idea. The DWP figures will be the most credible as after all it is their job. The fraud figures may seem higher of course when people start thinking they doctors and can diagnose someone in the street if they a fraud or not and the government starts moving the goalposts on claims so it looks like many have been illegally claiming.
again you can't be serious .That is the ridiculous thing you have said to date ,it's fraud and it's obvious that no one knows it's being done untill it's discovered ,even the government accept this .

Quote:
So you someone who has no experience of the system has decided its too complicated and has excessive fraud.
so you think it's a simple system ,you must be the only person who thinks that .

Quote:
I think the truth is you just want your tax bill to drop.
That just proves what a selfish individual you are .I want my taxes used efficiently an not wasted on people who can work but choose not to so i don't lose services that i pay for or have to pay more of the money i work for in taxes

Quote:
What are you doing posting me figures that backup what I just said?
you may want to read the rest of the link and try to understand it here's a snippet

In Lambeth, use of voice recognition software identified over 18% of claimants as benefit cheats. As shown above, the government's national figure for housing benefit fraud is £290m. At 18% this would be over £3.8bn for housing benefit fraud alone!

You have to realise that tax payers are not a inexaustible supply of money and they are getting rarer every day ,common sense tells you (or should) that the amount we are paying out is unsustainable at current levels .....unless you inhabit some fantasy world where 1+1= 3