Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | iPlayer - Insufficient Bandwidth

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

iPlayer - Insufficient Bandwidth

Old 16-04-2012, 04:17   #16
Daveoc64
cf.addict

Services: Freeview Play, Virgin Media Gig1
Daveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: iPlayer - Insufficient Bandwidth

IMO the Aztec West headend has to be one of the worst in the country.

The upstream speed increase STILL hasn't been done, and it sounds like Telewest spent about 50p on infrastructure upgrades.

Luckily this part of Bristol is supplied by the Staple Hill headend, but I know a lot of people with poor service.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2012, 10:35   #17
mikes12345
Inactive

Services: 2 x TIVO 500GB, XL TV, BB XL 60MB
mikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nice

Thanks for all of the replies. I have a lot going on at home at the moment so this has had to take a very low priority for me. I'll monitor it over the next couple of months and report it if it remains a problem. Might sound like a long time to wait to report a fault - but at the moment my priorities are elsewhere - so I'm not gettting to use the TV as often.

Also re the VM forums - thanks for reminding me. I have seen them mentioned so many times before on this forum but for some reason I completely forgot about them when I first opened this thread.
mikes12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 11:48   #18
mikes12345
Inactive

Services: 2 x TIVO 500GB, XL TV, BB XL 60MB
mikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nicemikes12345 is just really nice

Well having said jut yesterday that I would monitor this got home yesterday to find it had been broken all day. As my wife is currently at home on maternity leave this had annoyed her and therefore I was told this had to move up my priority list! Reported it to Virgin they diagnosed my box as faulty and are sending someone round tomorrow to solve the problem.

Nice fast service once I reported it so fingers crossed all will be well soon.
mikes12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 15:03   #19
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes12345 View Post
Well having said jut yesterday that I would monitor this got home yesterday to find it had been broken all day. As my wife is currently at home on maternity leave this had annoyed her and therefore I was told this had to move up my priority list! Reported it to Virgin they diagnosed my box as faulty and are sending someone round tomorrow to solve the problem.

Nice fast service once I reported it so fingers crossed all will be well soon.
Always found the service dept to be very good. He resists sarcastic comment here ( well sort of)