Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | phone line woes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Getting phone installed

Old 26-07-2011, 15:05   #1
Pipster
Inactive

Pipster is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting phone installed

I cancelled my phone service with Virgin back in May. However due to the cost of 0845 numbers from my mobile Ive decided to get the phone back in.

The line is still there from Virgin but Ive been told that I will need an engineer out to install a line again. Can it done be done remotely to save an engineer visit?
Pipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-07-2011, 16:49   #2
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: Getting phone installed

I have Virginmedia 50Mb broadband,

For an extra £2 a month I could have a Virginmedia phoneline, All that my family use the internet for is gaming,facebook,youtube.

We pay an extra £30 for an adsl line plus a phoneline and only use our super crap 50Mb for browsing the ADSL is used for gaming and youtube.

My advice? Why add a new VM service when you know in your heart it will be rubbish.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 17:33   #3
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post

For an extra £2 a month I could have a Virginmedia phoneline, All that my family use the internet for is gaming,facebook,youtube.

We pay an extra £30 for an adsl line plus a phoneline and only use our super crap 50Mb for browsing the ADSL is used for gaming and youtube.

My advice? Why add a new VM service when you know in your heart it will be rubbish.
So I'm reading this right you only use the net for gaming/Facebook/YouTube but yet pay for an ADSL and a 50mb cable line , one question WHY ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 10:47   #4
Pipster
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post

Totally unhelpful. Despite you using a 50mb line for browsing, which I'm sure either the 10mb or the 30mb would do just as fine, I cant see how that answers my question of what I asked??
Old 27-07-2011, 11:07   #5
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

To answer your question.. The phone line may be physically there at your property but that doesn't mean to say that it's connected at the local box. They'll come out and fully make sure it's working.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 11:13   #6
Pipster
Inactive

Ok Thanks for the reply.

I just presumed that because they switched it off remotely in May they could put it back on remotely too.
Old 27-07-2011, 11:20   #7
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Nah, the cabinets only have a finite number of connections so as more people get phones installed they use the taps for lines that have been disconnected.. Had VM turn off the office phone one time because they disconnected the wrong tap
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote