Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Nightmare

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Nightmare

Old 09-05-2011, 23:39   #46
raybessant
Inactive

raybessant is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Nightmare

I mentioned today to a senior manager in the Virgin CEO's office that I had been asking for advice on this forum - her response was to say that you didn't all know what you were talking about when you advised me to just deal with Virgin and not their SubContractors . Nice eh ?
raybessant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2011, 04:57   #47
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
A store manager would be of no use as they have no input on installations.
Maybe not but, they may be another point of contact or if you hassle them enough, they are going to get some to help. Just a train of thought it getting it dealt with asap.

I would ring every day, every hour until they delt with me. I asume you have emailed neil?

Some of this might help: http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/p...p=irol-whoswho
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:55   #48
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
Maybe not but, they may be another point of contact or if you hassle them enough, they are going to get some to help. Just a train of thought it getting it dealt with asap.

I would ring every day, every hour until they delt with me. I asume you have emailed neil?

Some of this might help: http://pressoffice.virginmedia.com/p...p=irol-whoswho
They are more likely to just put you through to technical support as it is outside of their remit.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:29   #49
raybessant
Inactive

I have e mailed Neil many times and my phone calls have so far cost over 100 pounds as most of them are 0845 numbers so I think I have kept on at them quite a lot .
Old 10-05-2011, 10:01   #50
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybessant View Post
I mentioned today to a senior manager in the Virgin CEO's office that I had been asking for advice on this forum - her response was to say that you didn't all know what you were talking about when you advised me to just deal with Virgin and not their SubContractors . Nice eh ?
If that is the attitude of VM then I'm afraid you will have to threaten then with legal proceedings. You do not have a contract with anyone ohter than VM. VM may have subcontracted but you do not have a direct relationship with those subcontractors and therefore must look to VM to ensure a resolution to the issue.

Given that your consequential losses are now mounting, in addition to the damage to your property, I'd suggest you contact a solicitor. VM have had enough time to deal with you as Mr Nice Guy, Now it's time for you to get tough.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:28   #51
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybessant View Post
I have e mailed Neil many times and my phone calls have so far cost over 100 pounds as most of them are 0845 numbers so I think I have kept on at them quite a lot .
Ray, look on the saynoto0870 site, which will give you the geographic numbers, rather than NNG.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 16:04   #52
raybessant
Inactive

It's 46 days since Virgin flooded our house and they still haven't paid for repairs - but it seems we may have made some progress - we have agreed a sum for compensation and repairs - the compensation is a third of what my solicitor says we could have got but we just can't wait that long so we're cutting our losses I guess - anyway I won't believe it until the money's in my account - they've said they'd pay before remember ! Maybe I'm just a born optomist - will let the forum know if there are any last minute shenanigans.

Regards,

Ray
Old 16-05-2011, 06:23   #53
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Well thats something.. I guess...

When did they say they would pay you by? Did you get it in writing aswell as phone call?

I hope for you're sake it's sorted
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 10:06   #54
raybessant
Inactive

Hello Webcrawler,

they haven't given me any time scale for payment - it was a scanned and e mailed document we signed - they just said as soon as possible - but in the circumstances you'd think I would have been paid by now 6 days after signing the agreement and 52 days after they flooded my house ! but they don't care about me or any of their customers - that's one thing that's become blatantly obvious.

Regards,

Ray
Old 17-05-2011, 10:41   #55
raybessant
Inactive

Hello All,

today we finally received the money for repairs and the settlement figure - we had to fight for every penny and it took over 50 days - our house now needs a new floor which we can finally begin to order - Virgin continued to the last to make me deal with their subcontractor mapgroup who's behaviour was quite disgusting to us - broken promises and uneccessary delays - even holding us to ransom for repair money saying we could have it if we let them put in a different floor or gave up on the idea of compensation - quite despicable when you consider that their gross negligence ruined our house and prevented us moving into our new home.

Hopefully we can move on and finally put this behind us - I would like to thank all those who read and especially those who were kind enough to give advice and support - it was most appreciated and helped us immeasurably.

Regards,

Ray,Sarah and family.
Old 17-05-2011, 10:49   #56
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Glad you've finally received a setlement, even though it was far too much effort for you to get it. Sometimes Virgin Media really does get it's customer service badly wrong.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote