Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recommended Android apps

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Recommended Android apps

Old 10-06-2011, 14:32   #31
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Re: Recommended Android apps

A couple I use

3G Watchdog Keep an eye on data usage
Adfree Android for rooted phones removes advertising.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2011, 12:58   #32
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Is it worth putting any AV S/W on a HTC phone?

Also is there any app or built in S/W on the phone (Desire S) that allows you to keep track of passwords etc.

I've used Keepass on my laptops but would like something in my phone, as I sometimes use my credit card (mainly used for on-line) and cannot remember the PIN, on my SE W910i I had a code memo area that I stored it.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

I also use HTC Sync to back up stuff on the phone but not text messages, is there any S/W I can install on my PC that can store the on the PC?
Old 14-06-2011, 17:51   #33
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I've used Keepass on my laptops but would like something in my phone, as I sometimes use my credit card (mainly used for on-line) and cannot remember the PIN, on my SE W910i I had a code memo area that I stored it.
You can get Keepass for android (Called KeepassDroid)

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 19:52   #34
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
Talking Re: Recommended Android apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Product 13 View Post
Some apps that I really like and couldn't do without.

Camera360 It has some fantastic effects.

Plume (Twitter client) I've tried loads of twitter apps for my Gallaxy S but always return to this one.

UK Newspapers Online Fast and free.

Unit Converter Very handy. I used it mainly for converting lbs and kilos into stone.

Apps 2 SD
Free up some space on your phones internal memory.

Printershare Excellent mobile printing solution, although I didn't that much for the key!! Also try Cypria the full version's cheaper.

ShootMe (Screen grabber) Just run it then shake your phone whilst on the screen you want to capture.

Tile Takedown I'm addicted to this word (Boggle) type of game, play other addicts all over the world.

Mp3 search & Downloader Sorted!
Some good apps there but Shootme is for rooted phones only and if your rooted then Apps 2 SD is not needed
Old 15-06-2011, 11:11   #35
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

Zinio on my Xoom.
Did I really used to read magazines in paper format?
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 11:27   #36
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Drag Racing is a great fun and free game I started playing the other day.
Old 15-06-2011, 11:43   #37
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

Drag racing. As in Men dressed as women driving and crashing into things like women drivers usually do?

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

Quote:
Is it worth putting any AV S/W on a HTC phone?

Also is there any app or built in S/W on the phone (Desire S) that allows you to keep track of passwords etc.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

I also use HTC Sync to back up stuff on the phone but not text messages, is there any S/W I can install on my PC that can store the on the PC?
my mate using AVG on his.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 22:38   #38
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Any Apps that can get the texts from thr phone to the PC?
Old 15-06-2011, 22:46   #39
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
try my phone explorer.

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/downloads.php
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 06:05   #40
Wayfair
Inactive

Services: Virgin tinterweb, Tivo with an extra large package 'oh yes' and a speaky thing...
Wayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze array
Wayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze array

Quote:
I use Sms Backup & Restore,

Quote:
Option to add and XSL style sheet to the XML file, so that the file can be opened with a browser for viewing easily. Check the “Related Downloads“. Copy it in the same folder as the Backup XML file and then open the XML file in a browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox.
http://android.riteshsahu.com/apps/sms-backup-restore
Wayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 15:45   #41
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Drag Racing is a great fun and free game I started playing the other day.
I've been playing that too...and thrashing the online players...sometimes
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 22:56   #42
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

Is there anything that can stop services from loading up?

Reason is things like Peep start which is app on HTC Wildfire for Twitter and i really dont need it to start i can load when i want it.
Old 19-06-2011, 22:09   #43
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Here is also another good one

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
Old 19-06-2011, 22:25   #44
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshchris View Post
Is there anything that can stop services from loading up?

Reason is things like Peep start which is app on HTC Wildfire for Twitter and i really dont need it to start i can load when i want it.
Only if you are rooted. Look for 'autostarts' in the market.
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 13:31   #45
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

there also seems to be a few problems with latest version of Google street view. When u move pegman around it crashes giving an error saying process com.google.android.street stopped unexpectedly. I looked on net and seems a number of us have the same issue.