Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recommended Android apps

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

fan in laptop

Old 14-01-2013, 10:47   #1
andrewstevenson

fan in laptop

My sony laptop is working great but every so often my laptop fan gets loud, it all under warrenty with sony

vpc f21z1e
Advertisement
Old 14-01-2013, 10:53   #2
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: fan in laptop

That'll be the laptop cooling itself down when it's working hard.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 10:58   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Fan bearing getting dry.. I'd strip down and then take off the fan cleaning it and placing a blob of silicone grease on the shaft before reassembly. If though under warranty just give them a moan and they should replace it.

Other than that it could just be dirt, try some airduster
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 11:34   #4
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Fan bearing getting dry.. I'd strip down and then take off the fan cleaning it and placing a blob of silicone grease on the shaft before reassembly. If though under warranty just give them a moan and they should replace it.

Other than that it could just be dirt, try some airduster

he will give Sony an excuse to void the warranty if he strips it down

as dilli says Most CPU cooling is done via a controlled system which monitors system temp and raises fan speed when required. Pretty much every laptop I see does what is discribed ( telling OP this not you kymmy as I know you know lol)
Old 15-01-2013, 17:56   #5
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Every so often my wife gets loud. Is that under warranty?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 18:18   #6
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Every so often my wife gets loud. Is that under warranty?
I think you will find it's a lifetime warranty 'cos it certainly feels like it some times

Old Age And Treachery Will Defeat Youth and Enthusiasm Everytime.
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 09:17   #7
andrewstevenson

Well I called Sony and the direction it heading is repair. But is the latest a bad sign fan getting louder hotter and for longer also I got a bsod saying Irq_not_less_or_equal and it can't start it trying start up repair then it launched a second start up repair where it says " checking disc for errors. This might take over a hour to complete" why
Old 20-01-2013, 10:23   #8
tizmeinnit

the crash caused the disk to stop mid work so it checks it for consistency this is normal after a crash. You done the right thing sending for repair
Old 20-01-2013, 10:44   #9
andrewstevenson

Can this be in relation to a fan overheating And being noisy
Old 20-01-2013, 10:47   #10
tizmeinnit

yes
Old 20-01-2013, 11:20   #11
andrewstevenson

I was told by Sony that they are likely to want a system recovery. What else can happen with laptop in relation with laptop ie faults
Old 20-01-2013, 11:24   #12
tizmeinnit

Pretty much every OEM will do this when they "repair" a computer. They spend no time on initial diagnosis. So you need to make sure anything important is backed up

As for what can go wrong the list is to long to type but everything can go wrong lol
Old 20-01-2013, 11:45   #13
andrewstevenson

Can I ask they said they might ask me to do a system recovery Monday, is it needed for me to do that, as this is a hardware issue
Old 20-01-2013, 12:01   #14
tizmeinnit

Well they might refuse to repair it if you do not play the game
Old 22-01-2013, 23:39   #15
andrewstevenson

Well i spoke with sony and they said to me the sound was like a aeroplane landing. Well thery think motherboard could be overheating and asked for the charger and battery in this case, is that normal