Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | help virgin tv not working

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Anyone else getting a 1010 error?

Old 24-11-2007, 01:53   #1
mjacklin
cf.member

mjacklin is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone else getting a 1010 error?

Started getting one about a week or two ago - phoned faults on 151 but they just keep sending hits to the box which doesn't cure it. Wondering if anyone else has seen this and can tell me what the solution is - e.g. replacement box/card?

I have a standard samsung box which is working fine so it's definitely a V+ issue and it's becoming so regular it's impossible to watch any subscription channel.
mjacklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-11-2007, 23:41   #2
mjacklin
cf.member

mjacklin is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Anyone else getting a 1010 error?

Just in case anyone else gets the same problem, it's now been fixed - took an Engineer to come out replace box and card. Interestingly the last box was running slow and getting unresponsive as well as the 1010 errors whereas the new box flies so it may have been deteriorating for a while.
mjacklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 08:07   #3
ColH
Inactive

ColH is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Anyone else getting a 1010 error?

Yep, I've had this for over a week now. V+ was ok for the first 5 days, then it developed this fault. I'm on XL yet get 1010 on everything but basic bbc/itv channels.
Had two techs out - first said it wasn't something he should have been called for. Accidentally (probably bad logging systems, being generous) he closed the call instead of passing it to "DQ" team. After a further week of no progress (shout at Virgin - got a week's refund). Second tech came yesterday: he also thought it was not a local problem, but persuaded him to change the box+card anyway just to definitely rule that out. Problem not fixed, and the new card is stuck showing "not paired" which he reckoned also indicated a screw-up in my authorisation settings somewhere. Hopefully my problem IS now with the right team to investigate; he said he'd ring them in 10mins to check it had reached them. (Helpful, thorough bloke. Shame he's leaving next week to become a prison officer!)
So I'm hopefully going to get this resolved in the next day or so, though I'm not sure anyone really knows what the fault it.....
I also feel mine is perhaps more unresponsive since going faulty. But I'd had it less than a week, so I'm not sure if I'm imagining that.
ColH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 08:15   #4
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColH View Post
snip.
If the card isnt paired with the box, thats an easy fix and CS or faults can recitfy within a few minutes.

Keep us updated with any progress
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 14:47   #5
ColH
Inactive

LOL. Apparently not! As I said it worked fine when first installed, then packed up a few days later.
They've tried all sorts both here and remotely - looks like something is really messed up somehow. I can watch OnDemand for example (for free on XL e.g music), I can also watch channels like V1 or Living on Catch Up. Just won't let me watch 'em live!
Just checked now - still faulty. grrrrrr........ I'll give it till I get home from work tonight, then they'll get both barrels again.
Old 29-01-2008, 20:31   #6
ColH
Inactive

Still not resolved, and I am getting really p*ssed off with Virgin - they seem utterly clueless in so many respects.
I'll also point out that the one week delay between the two tech's were ( according to when Virgin phoned me in between) because the first guy had closed the call. Yet when I was phoning them every other day to check on progress, they said it was still being dealt with. And I had the call back from them! So clearly the call wasn't really closed.
Anyway, the 2nd tech on Wed did suceed in escalating it to the "2nd level support team". He reckoned it ought to only be a day or so for them to fix it. I called them again on Saturday - mindful that no-one would be working on Sunday - and was told that it had now been passed to the *3rd* level support team!!
Yet again (spot the recurring theme here, Virgin????) I was told it should be dealt with by Monday and that someone would phone me to give me an update. Surprise, surprise, no phone call so yet again I have to phone them....
NOW they are saying its been marked as an "area fault" - yeah, like the whole street has been without TV for over two weeks. I think not. I'm told it will be fixed "as soon as possible" - which is, by now, a pointless and worthless statement.
They clearly have no f^&*ing idea what they are doing. Why they don't just create me a new account from scratch I do not know.
So they get until tomorrow evening, whereupon I shall phone them again.

Now I'm off to capture this history in writing, before it gets too long and painful to recall accurately, in readiness for the eventual complaint.
If anyone from Virgin reads this, you don't have to own up, but PLEASE show this sorry saga to someone and get you damn customer support systems sorted out! At least with Diamond and NTL I never had any faults to worry about.

[Rant over: I almost feel a bit better now.....]
Old 31-01-2008, 21:58   #7
ColH
Inactive

So, three days on and still I hear nothing from VM. So, again, I call them. The support monkey first checks whether there are any faults reported in the area - now, it seems, there aren't! So the suggestion is to send out a tech to investigate - I take a deep breath and point out that two so far have been, swapped the box, and concluded there is no fault here.
I insist that I just want someone in authority to talk to me about what is going on. Once I get agitated enough, she asks the 'security' questions and then reads back to me what has happened. According to her, the 3rd level support team did investigate and could not find a problem. No comes the best bit:
Because they couldn't find a fault, the call has been closed!!!!! I could not f*&kin believe what I was being told. I even double-checked with her, and yes the call is closed. She can open a fresh one for me - well it helps keep the service times down doesn't it. As per bloody usual we go through the pointless farce of sending a hit, and rebooting the box. "Has that fixed it?" Has it bo$%£cks.
Again she suggests a tech needs to come out, and only just keeping my language in check, I insist this is likely to be a waste of time. All I want is for someone to call me back for once, and tell me what is being done. To treat me like a valued customer. I get "I'll make sure someone calls you in the next 5-10 minutes, or if not, then definitely tomorrow". That was 20mins ago and, you'll not believe this, but no-one has called. Who'd have predicted that, eh?

I am not especially annoyed with the individuals, each of whom always seem to be trying to help. What I find utterly disgreaceful is the systemic incompetence of the organisation - besides the inability to solve the fault, they are incapable of communicating and of paying any regard to servicing the customer. I do not think anyone personally lies to me, but I am repeatedly told that I will be called, yet never am.
I have experienced 'couldn't care less' types of bad service before, but never anything like such complete ineptitude and incompetence as this.

VM will at some stage get a letter of complaint from me, but I also felt this saga is such a disgrace that they deserve to have it laid out in public for all current and prospective customers to see. Those with the patience to read this far.....
Old 31-01-2008, 22:33   #8
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColH
Those with patience to read this far
didn't bother to read it, the 'monkey' comment in the first sentence spoilt it - imo if you have a complaint don't resort to abuse if you want anyone to actually take it seriously - another one on 'ignore'
Old 01-02-2008, 08:48   #9
ColH
Inactive

Gaz, please do read it all: you'll see I am not slagging off the people; its the systems that are at fault. I made a point of apologising to her for being upset and acknowledging to her that there is only so much she can do.
The poor front-line people, as effectively the only customer interface, aren't empowered enough by VM to be able to deal with things properly, I feel. They can send hits, they can arrange tech callouts. But much beyond that they are stuck, unable to offer much more when (as in my case) none of that does the trick. Its NOT their fault, and I never meant to imply it was.
I did wonder about using the word at the time, but felt the rest of the post put it adequately in context - its was a crtitcism of the poor position she is put in, it wasn't personal abuse. Hey, I've been without most of my TV service for nearly 3 weeks now - I'm a little tetchy.
Old 01-02-2008, 17:06   #10
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

VM can put their customers through Hell with their poorly trained agents who only care about fobbing people off the phone line and it's OK but said frustrated customers must not lose their cool?
Geez cut this Guy some slack please and help him get his V+ sorted out instead of just nit picking his phraseology.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote