Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Disabled badge requirements?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

John Titor

Old 05-10-2004, 21:46   #1
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
John Titor

I like to keep an eye on Neowin Forums, especially the section called Area 51 as its usually a right laugh given the stuff some people will belive. However, sometimes something comes along that makes you stop and think a bit - something that just seems to be a bit special.

And basically this is one of them, a person who claims to be from the future (2036) who has came back to 1975 to get an IBM 5100 machine to help fix a problem with UNIX.

Now your thinking WTF?? hahaha... But this is a bit special like i said, the guy is either telling the truth or its an exquisitly detailed hoax. I'll will leave you to decide which.

http://www.johntitor.com/ (Start by selecting The Posts By Date on the Left Hand side in November 2000)

This site is basically a collection of his important posts to a forum where he describes the future and what is about to happen, he even puts up diagrams and pictures for his time machine and explains how it all works and also answers other posters questions.

If anything its a very good read to see how far someone will go.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2004, 22:20   #2
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte
Re: John Titor

I first read this about a year ago, a very detailed hoax IMO.
The first thought I couldnt shake when reading this is the old question "If you could go back in time, what would you do?" and not once could I think of any concievable reason to go back in time to post on a forum
Looks to me like either the guy who done this was very bored or it could have been part of a psychological experiment. I heard about somone who done something like this for a psycology thesis (Or something similar), basicly its a study of peoples reactions.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 22:29   #3
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

I agree its a hoax, but its a very good one which is why i posted it. He goes into some incredible detail and i love the way he plays with time so that even if the events he describe dont happen he's got it covered.

Like how he went from 2036 back to 1975 to get the IBM then came forward to 2000 to be with his (past) family, but then has to go back to 1975 to get back to his 2036 as the timeline from when he arrived in 2000 will have altered the future and the 2036 we will experience may be different from his actual 2036. Brilliant chat...
Old 05-10-2004, 22:30   #4
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblueraja
I agree its a hoax, but its a very good one which is why i posted it. He goes into some incredible detail and i love the way he plays with time so that even if the events he describe dont happen he's got it covered.

Like how he went from 2036 back to 1975 to get the IBM then came forward to 2000 to be with his (past) family, but then has to go back to 1975 to get back to his 2036 as the timeline from when he arrived in 2000 will have altered the future and the 2036 we will experience may be different from his actual 2036. Brilliant chat...
He could write for Star Trek, never before had I seen technobable so well put
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 22:31   #5
jamesclarke555
Inactive

jamesclarke555 has reached the bronze age
jamesclarke555 has reached the bronze agejamesclarke555 has reached the bronze agejamesclarke555 has reached the bronze agejamesclarke555 has reached the bronze age

Yeah, I stumbled on this ages ago and while it makes for a very interesting read, it just has to be BS. Apparently his "time machine" is just a giger counter from the civil defence force in the U.S like back in the late 50's
jamesclarke555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 22:33   #6
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

So, all eyes on 2005 & the USA then
Old 05-10-2004, 22:33   #7
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZrByte
I heard about somone who done something like this for a psycology thesis (Or something similar), basicly its a study of peoples reactions.
Incidentally i think that was the guy who said we were going to be hit by a meteor and that the government was keeping it quiet. He was posting links to specific sites mentioning things about meteors and trajectories etc. and how if anyone noticed that the sun was dimmer recently etc....
Old 05-10-2004, 22:47   #8
jamesclarke555
Inactive

jamesclarke555 has reached the bronze age
jamesclarke555 has reached the bronze agejamesclarke555 has reached the bronze agejamesclarke555 has reached the bronze agejamesclarke555 has reached the bronze age

Behold the most sought after computer in 2036

And in any case, I just got back from the 25th century and I can state unequivocally that John Titor is full of crap
jamesclarke555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 23:03   #9
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesclarke555
Behold the most sought after computer in 2036

Does it run Quake?
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote