Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media are Liars

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Virgin Media are Liars

Old 03-07-2010, 16:13   #1
Pinkrose
Inactive

Pinkrose is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media are Liars

I am with virgin media broadband and telephone paying £46 a month from more than 2 years,my bills reach almost £200 every month.

Finally i decided to cancel and go for BT.I called CS on 11th June and the lady she insisted me to stay with VM and offered me upgrade from 20mb broadband to 50mb and plus she added 0845/0870 & International calls option on my landline and have to pay all together £58 which i agreed. On top she said £35installation + £20 activation charge which i said is too much,then she said ok she will knock down £35 installation charges and only pay £20 activation and you have 28 days to downgrade back to 20mb if you not satisfied with the service..

On 22nd June engineer had a visit,installed the modem and everything and did a speed test giving around 22mb,he said it will get normal to 50mb within a week which never happened.So i called back on 1st july to downgrade back to 20mb as i am not happy with the speed and she did it.

On 2nd july i checked my online billing and to my surprise i was charged £35 for installation. I called back customer service and asked why am i charged for installation as it was clearly said that it will knock down but no one agreed and said that you have to pay..So today i called them back again to cancel my services and will pay remaining balance,at first they said cancellation department is closed on weeekends which i knew its wrong so i called back again and spoke to the cancellation person and he said that you have to pay cancellation charge for the phone as you are in a contract for 11 months more.I said in clear that i havent accepted or signed any new or upgrade contract then how can u put me through a new contract without my knowledge.They said its in our system and thats the way we follow our system, so u have to pay £103 for cancellation plus £35 which was agreed before that ill not pay. I said to them check your recordings or give me any signed agreement but refused as they dont have the recordings its only for training purpose..

Now where do i stand.Why do i have to pay £103 for cancellation and £35 for installation + £20 for activation( where i never received 50mb) They keep saying to me that i have to pay. Is there a way to sort this problem as i cant be stressed for something that i havent accepted a contract nor i got 50mb speed..
Pinkrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2010, 17:11   #2
zing_deleted

Re: Virgin Media are Liars

I personally would not pay. I would call again and say there has not been an agreed contract. I would wait for them to say you have and then I would demand proof of such. See what they say as if they say its verbal say you want copies .Also make it clear that they are in breach of said verbal contract due to the fact they have not given you the discounts agreed upon.

So to prove to you you are in a contract would mean they would also have to prove their breach

In reality it depends on how good your credit rating is and if you are prepared to have a bad mark on it whilst you are in dispute with Virgin
Old 03-07-2010, 20:34   #3
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Can anyone remind me what the actual cooling off period there is with a VM contract?
Old 03-07-2010, 22:46   #4
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Can anyone remind me what the actual cooling off period there is with a VM contract?
28 days.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 00:32   #5
secretmsg
Inactive

secretmsg is an unknown quantity at this point

so in that case you can cancel your line
secretmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:07   #6
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

If that £200pm is mostly calls then you really should be looking at VOIP or a service like 1899. I think even the VM call package is only ~ £7.95 for anytime UK. When I was on BT I used 1899 but swapped over to VOIP when I moved to VM as that worked out cheaper for me.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:21   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
28 days.
Actually it's depends. For most new contract agreements it's 7 working days as is set out in the Distance Selling Regulations

The 28 days is where a new service has been installed and normally only applies to that service

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

In regards to the OP situation, I would definately push for the call to be escalated which is your right as a customer.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:26   #8
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Actually it's depends. For most new contract agreements it's 7 working days as is set out in the Distance Selling Regulations

The 28 days is where a new service has been installed and normally only applies to that service

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

In regards to the OP situation, I would definately push for the call to be escalated which is your right as a customer.
Yes Ben you are right and I was waiting to see if you posted the correction, nice one.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote